DC Universe Online

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Archrival » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:08 am

I've actually stopped playing it due to free is not always better, SW:TOR is my main focus once I have my Dec/Jan laptop.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 pm

I played it for like, an hour. Once I'd checked out the combat system that everyone was talking about, I just really didn't care anymore. "Oh, it plays like this. And from here on it's just infinite hours of level grinding. Got it, bye".
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:25 am

Now that's why I watch game reviews done by people who understand that there's more to a game than the first impression :p

For the record, getting lvl 30, which is the max, takes only about 15 hours of gameplay if you do it right. Level grinding my ass.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Vegedus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Still. It's an MMO. Once I'd checked out the combat system, it's not like there was going to be any big surprises. Oh, quests for parties you say? Instances? Wild!

It's not that I couldn't have gotten into it if I wanted to. I'm sure it's a perfectly serviceable MMO. But nothing about it was stood out enough that I could be bothered to put any time into it.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonJack » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:58 am

Still a better MMO then anything ive played, especially since my computer cannot play online games so this is amazing for my PS3 which I barely use anymore which is now getting ten hours of gameplay a day. If anyone still is playing my hero's name is CryoVibe
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

Postby Q.U. » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 pm

But nothing about it was stood out enough that I could be bothered to put any time into it.

As in besides the outstanding voice acting, flowing fight mechanics, consistency with the DC universe, and load-free map travel? I think it has many redeeming features. I wouldn't call it the best game ever made, but it sure feels like it's been done well.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming