What Games would make Good Movies

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Mathias » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:58 pm

River City Ransom.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11856
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Unlimited » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Lemon wrote:Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea. Rat man could make a lead character, explaining what happened before the first game.

And having GLaDOS constantly talking about making cake.
Memento mori
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: The 25th Hour
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Rowby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Half Life?
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

 ̄ω ̄
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby I_Live_for_Anime » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Half Life?


Imagine The head humpers, and zombies :eek:
My world is so lonley...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 am
Location: Australia
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby EagleMan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Bioshock sounds great but when you think about it there's millions of things that can go wrong.

For one they couldn't reuse any storyline from the game - it has to be original for obvious reasons.

The makers could easily get sidetracked into making the movie heavily visuals based - leaving the story to suffer.

And then the game is always played in first person, except for some short sights seen in Bioshock 2 of the Big Daddy, even then, when he fight it'd be hard to distinguish him and make it compelling (imagine Transformer robot battles, which while pretty, are bad).

And the radio transmissions that narrate the game, that'd feel odd trying to translate them to the screen as they drive the character through the story.

There'd be like a 99% chance it'd fail spectacularly and put the franchise to shame, but a 1% chance for it to be glorious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Film if anyone's interested
I'd still want to see it but I'm just being cautiously cynical
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:38 am

Rowby wrote:Gears Of War could be a good movie, yeah?

http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Gears_ ... %28film%29

But same story with the Halo Movie.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18977
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby I_Live_for_Anime » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:24 am

EagleMan wrote:Bioshock sounds great but when you think about it there's millions of things that can go wrong.

For one they couldn't reuse any storyline from the game - it has to be original for obvious reasons.

The makers could easily get sidetracked into making the movie heavily visuals based - leaving the story to suffer.

And then the game is always played in first person, except for some short sights seen in Bioshock 2 of the Big Daddy, even then, when he fight it'd be hard to distinguish him and make it compelling (imagine Transformer robot battles, which while pretty, are bad).

And the radio transmissions that narrate the game, that'd feel odd trying to translate them to the screen as they drive the character through the story.

There'd be like a 99% chance it'd fail spectacularly and put the franchise to shame, but a 1% chance for it to be glorious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Film if anyone's interested
I'd still want to see it but I'm just being cautiously cynical


Hmm. good point,
I have an idea for the radio transmissions, every now and then is show them talking in the radio at cerain points,
Like in the first went the transport thing blew up, (sorry i can't remember what it is)
My world is so lonley...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 am
Location: Australia
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:29 am

every game inspired movie has a 99% chance to be utter failure. Why? Because they cant re-use the story that made X game so good. They have to think up a new story, a story that pleases both the fans of X game and non fans.

Personally I think games and movies should stay away from each other as far as they can.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14669
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Feel Good Inc.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby zepherin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Asmodai wrote:every game inspired movie has a 99% chance to be utter failure. Why? Because they cant re-use the story that made X game so good. They have to think up a new story, a story that pleases both the fans of X game and non fans.

Personally I think games and movies should stay away from each other as far as they can.

I think this type of situation is the problem. They should absolutely remake the story as close as possible to the original. Because fans will pay to sit through it again. And if the story was good new people will come and watch it too. Occam's razor applies in this case. If it's a good story use it.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:57 pm
Location: Murder Capital
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Eldos » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 pm

How bout...God of War? XD
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 am
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Asmodai wrote:Warhammer 40k (oh wait: http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/)

They're really doing this?
YES
Image
For the Greater Good
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:37 pm

huh I was sure that link was also posted in the Dawn of War thread... anyway, kudos should go to Iris he linked me to it first
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14669
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Feel Good Inc.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 pm

There are games like Red Dead that had a movie story to them, so they could technically be made into a movie since you know... the story was just as good as any western.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Rowby » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:40 pm

At first Jonah Hex was like Red Dead, but I didn't know it was from DC comics.
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

 ̄ω ̄
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Mathias » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 am

How about older games instead of recent wants? Ya bunch of newbs.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11856
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby nicomon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:17 am

Mathias wrote:How about older games instead of recent wants? Ya bunch of newbs.

A movie based in the Unreal Tournament world might be pretty cool.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 pm
Location: In my underground castle.
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Lemon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 am

Mathias wrote:How about older games instead of recent wants? Ya bunch of newbs.

Pong it is then. I can already imagine the lifelike story of two pixelated tennis boards. jk

Psi-Ops Mindgate Conspiracy could make a good movie, only following the video games motives, like telekinetic powers.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:39 pm
Location: Korpulu Sector
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Salad Snack » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 pm

The Warcraft series has some mild potential on being a decent movie. Tolkien-like universe and it already has a fairly established story. Too bad ActiBlizz is intending to make a WoW movie instead. On the other hand, if they can make a movie that feels as epic as the ending cinematic after you beat Icecrown Citadel, I have no complaints.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Shadow Moses
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

If we're going with older games, I want to see a live action pokemon movie. WITH BIG TITTIES.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Salad Snack » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 pm

JesusChrist wrote:If we're going with older games, I want to see a live action pokemon movie. WITH BIG TITTIES.


Hey Niko, it's your cousin. Want to go see some BEEG AMERICAN TEETIES?!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Shadow Moses
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm

I fucking loved to take Little Jacob to eat chicken. He would go ape shit over it lol.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Lemon wrote:Psi-Ops Mindgate Conspiracy could make a good movie, only following the video games motives, like telekinetic powers.

FUCK YES.

I knew there was a reason why I considered you a friend.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18977
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Fievel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Lemon wrote:Psi-Ops Mindgate Conspiracy could make a good movie, only following the video games motives, like telekinetic powers.

Hellz yes! And here I thought there would be no suggestions that I agreed with.
Offended.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Beats me.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby Mathias » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 pm

nicomon wrote:
Mathias wrote:How about older games instead of recent wants? Ya bunch of newbs.

A movie based in the Unreal Tournament world might be pretty cool.

That is not old.

How 'bout a Battletoads movie?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11856
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: What Games would make Good Movies

Postby zepherin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 pm

They did try to make an animated series for battle toads but it was canceled before it was out the door.

But shit if we are going old school. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Curse of darkness would also make a good movie.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9152
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:57 pm
Location: Murder Capital
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests