Blazblue

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blazblue

Postby ZhaneX » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Holy shit. Awesome, a sequel!
The new character looks interesting, and as a Jin player, I'm liking the looks of his new Distortion Attack.
Make the world revolve around you, it's more fun to think that way.
Walking the path of heaven, rule over everything.

Postby Cascade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Hazama's kinda unfinished, but his chain Distortion Drive can pull him in various directions like a grappling hook. It seems to have some flexibility and you can control his flight with your direction input. His white costume also makes him look like Michael Jackson. :o

Tsubaki can charge her special moves using her Drive button. Lvling up her specials takes time, but can yield impressive results; it's sort of like a slower, more gradual version of Jam's old special power-up from Guilty Gear. Like Jam, her specials can chain together, from what I hear. Her big distortion drive uses all of her charges in one large close range energy blast. She shouldn't be too hard to learn.

Returning characters have had a lot of changes.

Arakune's curse mechanic is totally different; now you make non-hitting mists like Johnny's qcb+p Bacchus Sigh. Touching the opponent with the mist will cause Arakune to gain curse meter. Once the curse meter is full, he goes into curse mode and it depletes over 10 seconds. (But you can prolong it, I think, by hitting with more Drive attacks.) While he's in curse mode, he shoots out bugs, and the bugs are bigger and less cheesy. All of them can be blocked in the air, and can't guard crush due to the new mechanic, but they still can do big damage.

Tager got a little bit smaller and a bit faster. He seems like he's been buffed big time. He has the longest guard meter of any character, and takes off guard meter faster than anyone else. He got a new move where he picks up opponents off the ground and electrifies them. He's looking to be pretty fearsome in the new version.

Hakumen is the character blowing people's minds now. Almost everyone does less damage in CS, but not Hakumen. And he's faster. He gained a far reaching, powerful stab attack and his C moves now create a projectile absorbing orb when you hit projectiles with them. (lol whut)

Contrast with former top-tier Rachel. The poor girl's frog and wind control games have been weakened so much that she's almost unplayable. Future playtests will probably correct this.

Most of the strongest characters (Rachel, Arakune, Nu, Jin) have been nerfed, but so have a lot of mid and high tier characters. Since the overall balance of Blazblue was great even with the strong top tiers, I think it's a bit extreme to nerf some other less effective characters along with them. (Though I'm excited about Bang's improvements, I don't want him to become cheap.) Hopefully the game's balance will be finely tuned.

On another note, new voice sets. Hakumen doesn't scream as long. (ZUUUUUIYAAAAH-> Zuiya.) Nu-13, excuse me, Lambda 11, doesn't have her cutesy, suggestive, Ragna-specific dialogue now.
FUKKATSU

Postby Icha » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 pm

HAZAMA BETTER WALK BACKWARDS WITH THE MOONWALK, that would make me buy it even if it weren't a $10-20 DLC.
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Technically, you're playing as Terumi, not Hazama. If you were Hazama, you'd be a blob. Anyway, that's not really important.

Loketest data is subject to change. First playtest showed Rachel had no George XIII combos, second test showed that it was brought back. As far as I know, Jin's got Yukikaze and a few attacks have been changed.

Postby Cascade » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Well, they made George have his own health bar, a meter for throwing him, made him walk slower and subject to movement by the wind. Also, he wouldn't attack grounded opponents. Some of these things may have changed.

Also, Terumi is the blob and Hazama is the person Terumi is using as his body.
FUKKATSU

Postby Salad Snack » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 am

Damn, I haven't gotten the wheel of fate to turn for a while. I forgot the secret story. I think it's time to rebel.

Postby Icha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Once again, we should post our psn's here, we gotta organize a date and time for all of us to join a room.
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby ZhaneX » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Am I about the only person here who owns the game on the 360?
(Oddly enough, the one time I played it on PS3 at a tournament, I think I did better than normal...)
Make the world revolve around you, it's more fun to think that way.
Walking the path of heaven, rule over everything.

Postby Thunderbolt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 am

icha_icha_paradise wrote:Once again, we should post our psn's here, we gotta organize a date and time for all of us to join a room.

So I can lose against more than just you?

Postby Salad Snack » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Thunder, you could probably beat me, even when I was playing at my peak on a regular basis.

I'm pretty shitty, but I got a hold of a good Jin's PSN on GameFAQs. Practiced a bit with him. I felt better after doing a bit of sparring with him. He's a pretty good Jin. His rank is about 4-5 digits.

Postby Thunderbolt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 pm

I'd love to play a few matches. I don't when I would be able to do that. I have work everyday this week except for Sunday. I have work every day next week. Curse those high schoolers and their quitting. Making me not play Pokemon and BlazBlue.

Postby zenieth » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 pm

A few newer CS confirmations, Ragna's the guard crush character now, most of his moves have been sped up while at the same time a few have been shortened, Deadspike can take out guard libra in a couple of hits. Berial edge (new aerial move.) isn't an overhead but seems to be good for his corner game.

Rachel's wind game and frog are better but still slightly nerfed. She's looking to be a mid tier now.
while lambda is now turning into a seriously bad character from accounts her moves are a lot shorter an less damaging with fewer mix up options,
tao's breasts are bigger,
Tager's guard game is excellent surpassing everyone in guard libra levels.
Carl has a Nirvana haduken,
Hakumen can counter zoning moves now, there's more but i don't have it now. Too bad it isn't going to be here til about a year.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby shadow_the_beast » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:01 am

zenieth wrote:tao's breasts are bigger

How big are we talking?

Postby zenieth » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 pm

A psp version is in the make for those who either do not have a ps3 or 360, or are not fans of them, the details of the graphics seem less but no other changes known so far.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Thunderbolt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Icha and I playing the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLd1v32HV0

Postby Icha » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Don't look, its so painful to watch that ragna...
;_; (Just you wait! I'll re-learn how to do carnage scissors and then it won't look as bad!)
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Thunder, I really need you to add me so I can fight you. It's boring when I have to fight randumbs.

Postby Icha » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Oh my~

But I've added you, and we don't really play each other. We gotta have a day for all 3 of us to get on into a room...
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Salad Snack » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:14 pm

I barely see you on at the same time as I am. Granted I've been playing on my 360 for the past week. I borrowed a copy of Modern Warfare 2, so I was on my 360 getting as much game time as I could. I actually managed to catch up to my friends relatively quickly in a short time period. I'm at like 31 right now, which is pretty good, considering I'm still 38 on the first Modern Warfare on my PS3. And I've had it for over a year now.

Anyway, icha, get on around Saturday 4:00 AM GMT. I should be back from work by then, and I'll get a few matches in with you.

Edit: My bad, icha. I got out really late. I don't work till Tuesday GMT. So send me a message this weekend and I'll get on whenever you are available.

Postby Icha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 am

Well, technically it was saturday 4:00 AM GMT an hour ago, but you must have just forgotten about the addition of a day, right?

Edit: oh, I'll just contact you tommorrow.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Icha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 pm

How about tommorrow, 10:00 PM? (GMT-5)
Last edited by Icha on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Icha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:34 pm

BTW new footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-WRye2h ... re=related

I don't particularly like the new announcer, and the Rachel, with all that good looking skill, should have beaten the crap out of that jin. Looks like those nerfs are kinda big, eh?
-stufflikehearts-

Postby shadow_the_beast » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:56 am

Postby Thunderbolt » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Yo Salad, add ThunderboltZ28.

Postby Icha » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey thunder, he's slightly better than me. He'll practice his weaker characters after he mops the floor with you using jin.
-stufflikehearts-

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming