Blazblue

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Blazblue

Postby Thunderbolt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:21 am

I use an arcade stick so I never knew about the shortcut. Seems really cheap.

Postby Salad Snack » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Kinda glad I played BlazBlue at an arcade first. I got used to arcade controls first so I didn't get to fall back and rely on Easy Specials. Also, I got my ass handed to me multiple times by insanely good players who actually knew what they were doing. Not like me, who was pressing random buttons to do damage.

Postby Icha » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Salad Snack wrote:Kinda glad I played BlazBlue at an arcade first. I got used to arcade controls first so I didn't get to fall back and rely on Easy Specials. Also, I got my ass handed to me multiple times by insanely good players who actually knew what they were doing. Not like me, who was pressing random buttons to do damage.

In my attempt to incur heavy soviet damage, I practiced all the moves, making sure I could do all of them. Then, I went online and fought some lv. 1 person, who actually wasn't that good. However, considering the player beat me, I must be doing alot worse.

Then I said screw it, and button mashed with taokaka. I have yet to even come close to winning a round...*le sigh*
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby one_winged_angel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Well, Taokaka's attacks don't do a whole lot of damage so if you start randomly flailing around even if you hit, odds are you won't win. Mashing buttons never works, at least not for me.

Postby ZhaneX » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Did you try just spamming her Drive Attack? That's an easy way to win.
Make the world revolve around you, it's more fun to think that way.
Walking the path of heaven, rule over everything.

Postby Jay » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:43 pm

You must be lucky and play against incredibly shitty players.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Cascade » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

In my attempt to INCUR heavy soviet damage

I lol'd.
FUKKATSU

Postby Salad Snack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 am

Since I failed on my own when I got back on the d-pad, I ended up using THE INTERNET and finding some other ways to improve my Ky Jin's ICE CAR game.

Of course, Shoryuken and Dustloop were a great place to start, but I found out about this place off the GameFAQs forums. The revolver action tables are pretty useful. I felt like a new man. A new man with a new ICE CAR!

Here is teh link: http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/index

Postby zenieth » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Been playing blazblue for a good while and i have to say, I hate the 360 ever so much for fighters, analogs are just, disgusting. wish I could hit online but yeah.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Thunderbolt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 pm

The PS3 version is definitely the way to go.

Postby Icha » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 pm

Gentlemen, I bring you my first two victories. One was Tager vs. Noel, who seemed to spam her drives while I used SLEDGE a billion times. The other was Taokaka vs. a Noel (different one) where I used drives and that lovable low crawl + button mashing after I do a jumping roll attack + redoable claw attack, then finishing with that hard to avoid drive where she jumps and claws the crap out of you.

Then, I got rolled by my first encounter with an ice car spammer. ;_;
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby ZhaneX » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm

What's ice car? I know that's probably a totally noob question, but I had to ask.
Also, I almost never play as Taokaka...unless it's to piss of my friend by spamming her Drive Attack in versus.
Mainly I use Jin. My best combo is a Drive Attack to freeze my opponent, run up to them and perform a grab, the mash B while the grab is going to go straight into this rapid slash special (I never bothered to learn the names of the attacks). It usually scores about 14 hits and a ton of damage.

Postby Salad Snack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:58 pm

MUSOU SENSHOUZAN!

ZhaneX wrote:What's ice car?

ZhaneX wrote:Mainly I use Jin.

Does not compute.

In Guilty Gear, Millia Rage has a similar ability, with her 214S, and it is referred to as a hair car. Thus, Jin has the ice car. His 214A/B/C/D is commonly referred to as ice car. If you have no idea what 214 means, it's the whole numpad notation. An arcade joystick has the same directional notation like a numpad.

5 refers to the neutral state in which a joystick is normally in. 6 would imply forward, 2 would imply down, etc. So 5A refers to just pressing A. 214B would mean a Down, Down-Left, Left, B. The numpad notation simplifies things, but is rarely used outside of Asian fighter communities.

It's simpler for me to decipher 2B 5B 5C 2C 214B rather than down+B; B; C; down+C; down, down-left, left+B. There's also circle notation, which is more commonly used outside of Asia, and Street Fighter communities tend to use this. QCF(quarter circle forward), QCB, HCF(half circle forward), etc.

If you don't understand anything I just said, try and do a Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku, if you've ever played as Ryu/Ken in Street Fighter.

If you're still confused, press right on the analog stick with Easy Specials on. That's the ice car.

Postby ZhaneX » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:05 am

Okay, I know what it is.
I just didn't want to automatically asume that it was what I thought it was in the first place, state that as such, and then look like a total noob for saying something uselessly random. Then again, for asking the noob question in the first place, I still look like a noob. I can't win.
Anyway I play the game on the 360. Though I've gotten used to using the ice car without easy specials, I still can't manage to do the follow up attack.

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:22 am

Here's a few resources for anyone to browse through:

Shoryuken: http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=312
Dustloop: http://dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67
Blazblue.co.nr: http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/index/, Guides: http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/pages/index/
AstralHeat: http://www.astralheat.com/

I prefer Dustloop and Blazblue.co.nr's data guides. I haven't used AstralHeat, but I did like Shoryuken's Jin guide by Butters. It helped me go from BB dropout to BB failure.

Postby ZhaneX » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 am

Isn't drop out generally better than failure?

Postby Cascade » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Started playing again. Been working on my Bang skills. He's my main; the other characters I play are Haku-Men, Noel, and Jin. I want to be good with Rachel and Taokaka but it's not easy.

I fought my first Carl online yesterday. His infinite ping pong was annoying, and I could only break out if he tried to throw me. In the end, he won.

Bang's an awesome character. His combos flow naturally for me and his pressure strength is excellent. In general, I've always liked characters who beat opponents through putting pressure on them and making them guess what you're going to do next. (hopefully guessing wrong.) Of course, I really enjoy trapping enemies in the corner with him and Haku-men. I still have a lot of trouble doing his A, down A, B, down B, down C, down D combo, or the combos where he resets with his Tiger Knee's C cobweb nail.

(To Tiger Knee, start an aerial qcf nail shuriken attack on the ground, but end at diagonal up forward. This should cause you to use the aerial move at the minimum height above the ground before dropping again. You should be able to do this with Jin or Noel's aerial moves as well.)

Online is rife with rank inflation. The average lvl 20-30 these days sucks, and some of the lvl 50s are easy to beat as well. I went from lvl 15 to lvl 27 in one night.
FUKKATSU

Postby Icha » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:47 pm

All right, after a few hours of speculation, my main people are Tager, Taokaka, and Ragna...BUT!
"I'm tired of these motha' fuckin Jins on my motha' fucking Blazblue, on their motha' fucking ice cars."

How does I defeat a Jin? And which of my characters is best for dealing with one?
-stufflikehearts-

Postby one_winged_angel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Block the Ice car, he's vulnerable right after the attack so that's your chance to counter-attack.

Postby Senel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Played the game up my friends house finally.

Went online after playing a few games with Boobie-Lady. Won my first game pole whoring the entire thing against a Rachel player.

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:29 pm

icha_icha_paradise wrote:How does I defeat a Jin? And which of my characters is best for dealing with one?

Like angel said, if they spam ice car, block a lot. Especially if they use the B/C variant with the follow up slash. Jin gets a slight delay and you can use that opening for a counter. If they use a lot of Sekkajin, keep your distance and play it safe. If he keeps spamming it, use a projectile.

As for which character you should use to deal with a Jin... I'm not a very good Jin, but I'm better than the Jin spammers. I can't exactly tell you what the good people have trouble against, but I certainly have trouble with Tager, Bang, Rachel and Carl. I often get trapped in Carl's clap loop. Bang, I just have trouble because his Burning Heart has the block frames and I can't ever remember to stop and back away sometimes. Tager just has insane SOVIET DAMAGE. And most Rachels are proficient enough with her that they'll kick my ass.

Postby ZhaneX » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 am

I play as Jin almost exclusivly, but I only ever use the ice car to close a gap with an enemy.
Also, oddly enough when I play as Jin, Tager, Bang and Carl are some of my easiest opponents. Rachel on the other hand...I can only beat her 1/7 times.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:10 am

You just blew my mind, Salad Snack.

I'm having trouble doing Noel's air combo. Is there any special way to get the opponent into the air while attacking with her?

Postby Cascade » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

To beat Jin, block and punish Ice Cars, don't jump in on him, or if you have two airdashes like Bang or Tao, feint a jump in by dashing towards and then away from him to make him whiff his uppercut moves.

If Jin has at least 50 Heat, never whiff a move at long range. He'll use his super fast Touga Hyojin projectile super (hcb, fwd+C), or at least that's what I do. When frozen, be sure to shake out using the directional button/joystick as fast as possible. If he's a scrub Jin, you might escape before he gets a free combo.

Some of Jin's moves are pretty laggy. All the Ice Cars besides the A one will leave him open. His uppercuts take a really long time to recover from. If he throws a straight ice blade, he will be open for a little while too, but it's hard to get close fast enough. If he spams his C mashing attack, he will push you away and eventually leave himself a little bit open if you have projectiles or some kind of long reaching attack. But that doesn't do much damage so it's better not to worry about it.

Most Jins are not very skilled, but a talented Jin player is hard to put down. Although he's not my favorite character, all my longest and most damaging combos are with him. Typically it's not good to play defensively, but against scrub Jins, who are a dime a dozen, some moderately cautious play is rewarded well. Alternatively, you might want to pressure him a lot since players who are used to being on the offense, even high ranked ones who are just better than me at the game, often fold when I get them in the corner.

Conversely, if I see a Bang, Tager or Litchi, I get paranoid because they're so uncommon, and they're hard to use. Ragnas I fight all the time, and he can be a pain in the ass even when used by scrubs, but if I see a random Tager appear in ranked matches, I get worried. He probably knows what he's doing. Then again, even if he does, Bang's pretty effective against him. Since he's the second most durable character in the game next to Tager, his big throws aren't totally fatal and I can afford to screw up once or twice, as opposed to never as Tao.

Thunderbolt wrote:You just blew my mind, Salad Snack.

I'm having trouble doing Noel's air combo. Is there any special way to get the opponent into the air while attacking with her?

Which air combo?
To launch the opponent into air combos, most people like fwd+A, or fwd+C. You could even do fwd+A, fwd+C in succession and launch them the same way but with more hits, if you're positioned right.

Since both are jump cancelable, you just super jump or jump towards the flying opponent right after you hit, and then you'll probably do whatever combo chain into Revolver Blast.
FUKKATSU

Postby Icha » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks for the help. Because I played a bit smarter with the back button, I can win a round, but not quite win the whole match against jins. (I used my "D" moves more and made use of atomic collider, but I still can't get that really powerful 360 then a or b move to work in a game)

Also, I have one final problem. I can't ever ever ever beat a V-13 unless I play taokaka or ragna, and even then, I still don't win. How do I grind them into the dust with my main (obviously tager)?
-stufflikehearts-

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming