FFT for PSP

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

FFT for PSP

Postby Nox » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 am

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162322

I dont know if its the cutscenes or Im just a sucker for final fantasy...
but is it weird for me to want this even if I've gone through it so many times before
that it'd be a waste of time to even think about it?

I mean I already have a copy of the original and Im practically broke as it is
not to mention there is about a ton of other games and/or consoles out there that deserve more attention.

So give it to me straight...
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY

Postby Yoshi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:19 am

Definitely buy. Nothing says a good time like a seven hundred times rehashed game.

Seriously, why would you bother buying a game you've already played, nay bought, several times?

You've really got to ask yourself these questions:
1) Am I really going to use multiplayer, and who, with another PSP, would also have it?
2) Two new job classes. Is it worth it?
3) Two new characters. Is it worth it?

Basically, a two characters, two classes and direct to another PSP (Ad hoc means direct) multiplayer worth buying the same damn game for?
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Wazit » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:51 am

I'm going to get it for the sheer reason that I didn't finish the PS version for reasons unknown to me

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm

How has FFT been seven hundred times rehashed? It was released on the Playstation and a semi-sequel came out for the GBA which barely counts.

Either way, I agree buying a game you've played a hundred times and still own is silly. I think it's more for people like me who only got to play it once or twice almost 10 years ago and have since lost their copy, people who never got to play it at all or people who are fans of the game and would like portability.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cascade » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm going to probably get this and the PSP as a way for me to get ahold of some PSX game remakes that I missed when I was younger because I was a scrub with no taste. FFT, though I've played it a little, was never a game that I owned. It, VS, and FF12 are probably the only Square offerings I've really liked, and surprise surprise, they're all directed by the same guy and take place in the same setting. I'll definitely want to play it for real this time.
FUKKATSU

Postby Nox » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:50 am

Since I already have a PSP its very tempting to buy...
and I would, but I still have my eye on Bioshock and that Wii I saw the other day worth HALF PRICE!

If I didnt need food so badly, Id already have everything I want.. at least for the time being...
Last edited by Nox on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:56 am

Dorian wrote:How has FFT been seven hundred times rehashed? It was released on the Playstation and a semi-sequel came out for the GBA which barely counts.

Wasn't it Tactics that had basically at least one game for every console since its inception? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave

Postby Dorian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:52 am

You must be thinking of something else. This is a specific game with a specific storyline released and only released on the Playstation. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance came out for GBA, but it was not the same game, nor did they plots resemble each other in any way.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: FFT for PSP

Postby Janana » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 pm

I love a remake of Final Fantasy Tactics however I don't own a PSP. Why couldn't they release it for the DS...>.< Well at least there Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 coming out for the DS soon. ;)

Postby SpellRuler » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:50 am

I bought the remake of Final Fantasy III for the DS, I liked it, but I never played the other Final Fantasy III >_>
Keeper: Welcome to the forums. And yes, don't try to bitch with Ganon. He can be a nice guy, but act like a bastard to him and you're comparing that to a battle between a yellow-belt martial-artist, and a guy with a tomigun. You ain't gonna win.

Smaug & Nix: Smaug: I was hoping for a perfect mold of your penis. But that'll have to wait. Nix: Smaug, you know you don't need a mold of it, you can have the real deal any time you want.

Dave & Yoshi: Dave: A better question would be can a Sledgehammer stop my boner. This is what the people REALLY want to know. Yoshi: .. See, now why are scientists not researching something worthwhile, like that?

Pokemon Pearl FC: 1933 7298 5053 Name: Blitz

Postby Xanjiru » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 am

I don't know. I'd say buy it. XD Since I love Final Fantasy a lot and must have them all. -twitch-

Postby Nox » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 am

So that settles it then! I'm buying Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

...now all I need is P200 >_<

Postby ShadowTao » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Yoshi wrote:You've really got to ask yourself these questions:
1) Am I really going to use multiplayer, and who, with another PSP, would have it

Well if you have a wifimax or linksys router you can install a custom router firmware which lets you play psp games online with other people. That might make it worth a little more to buy.

I'm gettin it nonetheless since I never played the PS1 version of the game.
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss

Postby Yoshi » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm

Article wrote:Multiplayer is ad hoc only -- no online play.

Yeah, no online, ad hoc (Which is computer to computer, or in this case PSP to PSP) only.
" ~ Dave

Return to Snafu Gaming