Countdown: when it reaches zero, Master Chief will awake.

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Countdown: when it reaches zero, Master Chief will awake.

Postby BanditFalcon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:54 pm

http://ilovebees.com/index.html

There's a countdown...

HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

Control has been yielded to the
SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX.

grope:
seeker > !attach Princess
fail "msg: SPDR-5.14.3

evade evade evade

!probe extern proc 1
rogue proc

!bite rogue proc 1 recurse
clean !splotch confidence 100

COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL
Make your decisions accordingly.

Anyways, a mysterious countdown appeared when I came back to the ilovebees site. I have no idea what it means, but Wikipedia believes that it when it reaches zero, the chief will awake (remember when he gets out of the cryo-tube in halo?)

The reson why I put this here is because this alternate reality game (ARG) now has a clock that has to do with Halo.

In the spam forum, I asked the people in their what the 'Pious Flea' is. The Pious Flea is a Trojan Virus that somehow corrupted the 'Operator' (aka AI Melissa) and deleted part of her memory. The 'spider,' is part of AI Melissa; it tries to resotre Melissa's memory, but somehow got destroyed by Melissa. I have no idea what is going on with Halo. See why I put the Halo references in Snafu? 'Cause something fishy is going on.

I'm not going to say this is a 'worthless' thread to this forum. I'm serious here, and I really, really need some answers here. Does Bungie really believe Master Chief is real? No wait, IS MELISSA REAL? I'm not worried at all.

http://ilovebees.com/humptydumpty.html

This has audio logs. There were more characters involved in Halo 2. The people in these logs tried to stop the activation of Halo, but we all know Halo is on standby mode, so what does this thread mean?

You decide. True, false, WHATEVER!

Oh, and last thing:

This is, repeat, and ARG.

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:40 pm

No more Halo threads.

Seriously.
Never asked for this

Postby BanditFalcon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:02 am

Dorian wrote:No more Halo threads.

Seriously.

This is an ARG thread.

Added after 42 seconds:

Even if it has Halo involved, It mostly focuses on ilovebees, the Alternate Realty Game (ARG)

Postby Material Defender » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:55 am

What the hell is this supposed to be about? I know it's Halo, but posting random stories made by someone about a game isn't what this is for.

Postby BanditFalcon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:03 am

Quotations taken directly from Wiki:

Like all ARGs, I Love Bees was a cross-media game that deliberately blurred the line between in-game and out-of-game experiences. To "play" I Love Bees, interested people would generally visit websites thought to be involved with the game, collect and document the shifting information on these sites, and discuss the game with other users. Players also interacted with the game in unexpected ways, for example by receiving unexpected phone calls from Artificial Intelligence characters, or by sending and receiving emails.

The game was initiated when a plastic honey bear was received in the mail by people who had previously participated in alternate reality games. That bear was filled with honey and nine vinyl letters that spelled I LOVE BEES when unscrambled. At around the same time, an advertisement for Halo 2 shown at screenings of I, Robot at Lowes Cineplex theatres flashed a link to ilovebees.com, which is ostensibly a site related to beekeeping.

Both events, not connected publicly for several weeks, caused the curious to visit the website ilovebees.com. The site, which appeared to be dedicated to honey sales and beekeeping, was covered in confusing random characters and sentence fragments. Suspecting that this was a mystery that could be unraveled, Halo and ARG fans spread the link and began to work on figuring out just what was going on.

The game culminated by inviting "crew members" (players) to visit one of 4 cinemas where they could get a chance to play Halo 2 before its release, as well as collect many items of memorabilia, including a DVD summarizing the events of the game.

Yout think it's Halo? Not exactly.

Another Wiki explanation:
The ilovebees.com website first gained public attention when jars of honey were received by members of the alternate reality game community. The jars contained jumbled letters. When cleaned and assembled, the letters spelled out ILOVEBEES. Later, the game would gain its entry into public fervor with the URL's appearance at the end of theatrical trailers for the Halo 2 game on Xbox. From the blurring of media and mystery, it became clear that this was an alternate reality game. Eager to unravel the mystery of the site's hacking, interested internet users began to explore more information, mostly by trial and error.

Added after 4 minutes:

Visit this:

http://bees.netninja.com/staticwiki/beewiki/TheGuide

Postby Material Defender » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:49 pm

Fuck it. I'm locking this for failure to explain.

Return to Snafu Gaming