Wierd Gaming Moments

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Wierd Gaming Moments

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Every had something happen or manage to see that left you scratching your head, devoid of explanation. Even in game or out it was never explained.

Like what the hell happened to Mona Sax between Payne 1 and 2.

Or why there are two horde guard, female, Orc and Tauren, in the middle of no where in World of Warcraft.

There are many such moments (I believe Earthbound gave me a few by itself, none remembered in specific myself). So please do share. And if you can explain it for someone, please feel free too. Please DO mention the game it's from.

Postby Bk-o » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:11 pm

Where in the WoW world were those two guards?

Oh, and BTW, you spelled "Weird" incorrectly in the title.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Alucard666 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Turning around in bioshock to find either a doctor, or a supposed to be frozen ballarena.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:19 pm

While I was playing F-zero GX

I was playing I think in Diamond difficulty, or the second hardest one. Anyway, I was playing the second Big blue stage, I think and I was near the end of the race, I went and used all my turbo and I was open for an instant kill and lose the race. Near the finish line someone ran into me and sent me flying into the air above the finish line and I won first place before blowing up
Last edited by Risen Hell Fire on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the internet, things are either the equivalent of the clouds parting and the right hand of god descending and handing you a wad of hundred dollar bills, or the worse than the holocaust, potato famine, 9/11, and the black death combined and merged with the ebola virus.

Location: Telling assholes what I have to say. Whether they want to hear it or not.

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Ah, I remember that in another game.

And they are just south of crossroads in a hut. The Orc is sitting and the Tauren is standing.

Postby Nox » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:31 pm

There was this one time when I was playing counter-strike with my friends. Basic 4on4 on de_dust, nothing special. I was a terrorist, entered the tunnel and headed right (opposite the area of the bombsite). I was standing opposite the usual sniping area for the "Counters" and threw a grenade. And to my immediate surprise, I KILLED EVERYONE!.... I mean, what? did they all assume sniper duty and had health below 50?

....I was all like "Hubbawhaaa???"

EDIT:
and one more thing...
in FFT, the game said that only Ramza and his sister survived...
so does that mean Cloud (who was a possible party member)

you know.... die?

Postby Bk-o » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Material Defender wrote:Ah, I remember that in another game.

And they are just south of crossroads in a hut. The Orc is sitting and the Tauren is standing.

Hm... I don't remember them. How recently did you play and see them?
They may have just been a patrol. And "Weird" is still spelled wrong... just saying.

Postby Kaj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:41 pm

My friend was playing Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and he was just about to fight Barraka. As he entered the room Barraka grabs a monk and stabs him in the abdomen 3 times and once in the head and threw him on the ground next to Liu Kang who proceeds to bend down and ask the guy "are you alright!?"

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

Re: Wierd Gaming Moments

Postby the unknown one » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:53 am

After a few months of playing Animal Crossing (Gamecube version), the weather in-game was practically identical to the weather in my location. This lasted somewhere around two weeks.

Also, at least one of the animals would mention pizza rolls while I was eating them. On at least three differnet days.

God, that game still freaks me out sometimes...

Wii friend code: 1913-7777-4738-9261

Location: my time's spent between the wonderful state of Denial and Ohio

Postby Material Defender » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 am

bk-o wrote:Hm... I don't remember them. How recently did you play and see them?
They may have just been a patrol. And "Weird" is still spelled wrong... just saying.

I know. I also have the magical ability to ignore it is mispelled. I'd say I saw them in the last few days. Say... three.

Postby Lengeta » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:41 pm

I don't play Counter Strike... basically ever. So once when I was playing, completely randomly, I warped to an invisible platform in the air for absolutly no reason. It was a LAN party with a few close friends, but everyone was calling me a "sky-walking" haxxor. I was pretty WTF at the time. Then I learned how to shoot through walls.

I still don't play Counter Strike.

Postby EagleMan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:14 pm

Everyone can shoot through walls.

2 walls with an awp.

And I've knifed a speedhacker. I had many laughs. And then I banned him from the server forever.

Postby Bk-o » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:18 pm

Material Defender wrote:
bk-o wrote:Hm... I don't remember them. How recently did you play and see them?

I know. I also have the magical ability to ignore it is misspelled. I'd say I saw them in the last few days. Say... three.

Fix it!!!

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 am

Unlocking Clam man in Shadow of the colossus.
This is the internet, things are either the equivalent of the clouds parting and the right hand of god descending and handing you a wad of hundred dollar bills, or the worse than the holocaust, potato famine, 9/11, and the black death combined and merged with the ebola virus.

Location: Telling assholes what I have to say. Whether they want to hear it or not.

Postby Wabisuke » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Tales of Phantasia. one big boar on the screen and four baby boars. I was messing around, so it wasn't going to take long before they'd run away. I hit mommy boar and all of a sudden, the rest die immediately. I was like: 'Thank you jesus'. Still don't know why that happened though.
ImageImageImage
Biggest Kagami fan to have ever lived! All bow down for the mighty Kagami!!

Postby Next-Gen. » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:22 am

Weirdest and most annoying moment in my life has to be, when I defeted Pikman, got the statistic's screen, and the entire thing FROZE!!
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby Kaj » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Better yet, I defeated Bowser at the end of SMB3 and the game froze. But I think that might be more of a technical issue that a weird game moment.

Postby Greetings » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 pm

LOL I have a good one. Playing Half-Life 2, while I was in Ravenholm I was killing a bunch of Zombies at this part where there are cars on pulleys, when I blasted one in the gut all of a sudden it turned into Barney who says "Fuck you!" Which he says later in the game. Then it changed back when I shot him. Maybe a joke by the designers? I was just like "OK then."

Added after 2 minutes:

Huh? I've beaten the game millions of times, what the hell is clam man?
Hello operator, connect me to the moon please.
Repeat Offendor

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Snaddict wrote:
Added after 2 minutes:

:3

I discovered him a while back. For some reason, after I beaten the First Colossus I waited for the black things to come near me, and before they hit I opened my Parachute, whatever that thing is called, and when they hit me it caused the Chute to cover me.

Postby Greetings » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Risen Hell Fire wrote:
Snaddict wrote:
Added after 2 minutes:

:3

I discovered him a while back. For some reason, after I beaten the First Colossus I waited for the black things to come near me, and before they hit I opened my Parachute, whatever that thing is called, and when they hit me it caused the Chute to cover me.
Yeah um, how do you get the parachute :) I've never found it but I've wanted to use it for base jumping off of the temple XD tell me please.
Hello operator, connect me to the moon please.
Repeat Offendor

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:27 pm

I think you get it when you're doing the time attacks in Hard mode.

Postby Rose » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 am

I have one! ^^

I was playing Gran Turismo 2... the weather was fair, and it was a good day to race at the Trial Mountain racing circuit. Everyone in the line-up (including me) was very hyped up on who's going to end up as the series champion. Well, almost everyone. The first few laps seemed to be a challenge for the other players, as my Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car just blazing along easily.

Failing miserably, one of them, a green, racing modified Acura NSX decided to screw not only me, but everyone else as well. So what does he do? When I found that car, it was already standing sideways in the middle of the road. Seems like he had given up on racing and decided to become some sort of a barricade, again, in the middle of the road.

Of course, I'm not affected. In fact, I decided to help him in screwing the other racers. Thanks to my large lead over the other cars, I decided to push the NSX a bit to a point in the road where the other racers have their racing line (A racing line is an invisible line in the road, especially in turns, where one can achieve a high speed and acceleration).

It was strange to see one of the AI's fail in the middle of the game, considering that it was a race that involved a high difficulty rate. It was also funny to play with the other AI, since they seemed to be so "fixed". The stuck NSX caused the other cars to lose their racing lines and switch to another part just to go on racing.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 pm

most of my funny moments happen in Battlefield 2 or 2142...

Its fun to shoot a bunny hopper with a shotgun... sends them flying into space ^_^
and proning just before a buggy tries to hit you (you can actually crawl under them!)
Mephobiac

Return to Snafu Gaming