What do you think of "cheating"?

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby EagleMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:01 pm

I know no glitches in GoW so I have to frag-tag the little whores.

Postby Coos » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm

Well they did take out most of them.
Exactly where rarely do them comes back in.

Postby Dorian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:42 pm

I know people online can suck ass, but cheating in the game they're playing just to piss them off or get back at them doesn't make you better than them. It just fuels the fire.

Also, your wording was awful the first time around. It made it sound like you were just one of the random assholes who cheats online because they find it funny.

And who said this topic was just about developer approved cheats? Just because online cheats are made by hackers or people who exploit doesn't mean they're not a form of cheating. Usually these cheats are made public somewhere so random idiots can find and use them. They're not exclusive to the hackers that make them. Counterstrike and aimbots are a good example.

It's just bullshit, period.
Never asked for this

Postby Material Defender » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:45 pm

If you cheat online, you are going to burn. In both this life and the next. Just wait until I find you.

Postby Glahardt » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:18 pm

OH SHI-
I used speeder on RYL (and MMO that I've only played for like... 1 hour?)

Postby Coos » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Well, I'm very sorry about my wording, and the way you guys say it, I may not cheat in any way anymore- Glitches and cheats and whatnot. You all make very convincing points.
I shall turn to the gooder side of playing.

Added after 21 minutes:

Oh definatley fuck cheating.
So I was just doing a CAL match with my friends and thier clan on Counter Strike Source, because they needed an extra player, and the Clan we were vsing sucked ass. But one player was just sitting there the whole match, waiting. So we were like, 20-5, and the player that was waiting started to Aimbot and Wallhack.
fuck it, fuck the idea of cheating, and those who use it for thier utter gheyness.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:08 pm

To be honest if cheating, mainly with Game sharking or Action replaying, is able to get me something I normally couldn't then I'll do that. Much like with using Action replay too get the Elite beat agents badge for Ouendan 2 because it was a limited Japan only thing.

TheCoosinator wrote:I shall turn to the gooder side of playing.
Hallelujah
This is the internet, things are either the equivalent of the clouds parting and the right hand of god descending and handing you a wad of hundred dollar bills, or the worse than the holocaust, potato famine, 9/11, and the black death combined and merged with the ebola virus.

Location: Telling assholes what I have to say. Whether they want to hear it or not.

Postby Coos » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 pm

Yes, Hallelujah.

Re: What do you think of "cheating"?

Postby the unknown one » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:14 am

Cheating's more of a last resort kind of thing for me. For instance, if I (along with two other people) can't find the solution to a puzzle in Still Life after a frickin' hour, I need a walkthrough. When it comes to codes and things like that, I try to use as few as possible.

Wii friend code: 1913-7777-4738-9261

Location: my time's spent between the wonderful state of Denial and Ohio

Postby Lengeta » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:44 am

It's hard to be mad at people for cheating online, you should be mad at the game designers who didn't take that shit out instead.

Postby karauma » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:55 am

I don't care if a person's cheating. But I HATE it when a person tells me I'm cheating.
I was playing Babo Violent 2(Great online game for win-XP, search it on google if you get the chance) And this little ass says I'm auto targeting. I mean, I was kicking his ass, but not THAT much.
Bananamancer

Postby Yoshi » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:09 am

That's why I stopped playing the Gunz beta. Fun with certain people that played it for fun, but when it came to the Asians (Yes, I'm generalising, send hate-mail to idont@care.com) any time someone else (Including me) starting getting decent shots off they would scream that we were cheating. They couldn't fathom that although shooters on PC are my forté, that I had a good aim and that I trained my sights (Predicted where they'd go and let them walk into it) the fact was, as far as they were concerned, they were dodging around like lunatics, therefore they are untouchable.

Hmm, let's see. They keep taking the same pattern and lines, they never shoot until a certain position (I don't know why, they just didn't) and were overall predictable. Hence, I picked a place that hid me from the Western players who actually shot at me, waited for them to hit the point I was aiming at and let loose the pistols.

Dickheads. "We are Asian, therefore unbeatable!" The amount of times I got crap just because I wasn't Asian/Had an Asian name. The moment I joined it was always something along the lines of "Oh, look, a westerner, just stay out of our way." Nevermind the fact that I was usually near the top of the leaderboard.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:13 am

Lengeta wrote:It's hard to be mad at people for cheating online, you should be mad at the game designers who didn't take that shit out instead.

That doesn't make any sense. Not all hacks are present when the game is designed...
Never asked for this

Postby karauma » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:33 am

Yoshi wrote:That's why I stopped playing the Gunz beta. Fun with certain people that played it for fun, but when it came to the Asians (Yes, I'm generalising, send hate-mail to idont@care.com) any time someone else (Including me) starting getting decent shots off they would scream that we were cheating. They couldn't fathom that although shooters on PC are my forté, that I had a good aim and that I trained my sights (Predicted where they'd go and let them walk into it) the fact was, as far as they were concerned, they were dodging around like lunatics, therefore they are untouchable.

Hmm, let's see. They keep taking the same pattern and lines, they never shoot until a certain position (I don't know why, they just didn't) and were overall predictable. Hence, I picked a place that hid me from the Western players who actually shot at me, waited for them to hit the point I was aiming at and let loose the pistols.

Dickheads. "We are Asian, therefore unbeatable!" The amount of times I got crap just because I wasn't Asian/Had an Asian name. The moment I joined it was always something along the lines of "Oh, look, a westerner, just stay out of our way." Nevermind the fact that I was usually near the top of the leaderboard.

I've never played with an asian, so I don't know. But it's not anywhere near as respectable as complaining when someone is team killing, and even then, they should be good enough to see when someone is shooting at them, and shoot back. Srsly.
Bananamancer

Postby Material Defender » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:19 am

Those Asians obviously play too much consoles...

Dorian wrote:
Lengeta wrote:It's hard to be mad at people for cheating online, you should be mad at the game designers who didn't take that shit out instead.

That doesn't make any sense. Not all hacks are present when the game is designed...

Actually, almost all hacks aren't present. That's why they are hacks, not cheats. You can't just type in a code.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:38 am

Meh. The only game I didn't even think of cheating of was NFS: Underground 2. And if using Nox is cheating, then I don't know what cheating is. ;)
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Glahardt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:21 am

karauma wrote:
Yoshi wrote:That's why I stopped playing the Gunz beta. Fun with certain people that played it for fun, but when it came to the Asians (Yes, I'm generalising, send hate-mail to idont@care.com) any time someone else (Including me) starting getting decent shots off they would scream that we were cheating. They couldn't fathom that although shooters on PC are my forté, that I had a good aim and that I trained my sights (Predicted where they'd go and let them walk into it) the fact was, as far as they were concerned, they were dodging around like lunatics, therefore they are untouchable.

I've never played with an asian, so I don't know. But it's not anywhere near as respectable as complaining when someone is team killing, and even then, they should be good enough to see when someone is shooting at them, and shoot back. Srsly.
Kinda true. Singaporeans are less Asian than the other parts of Asia (With English as national language and all), and from my experience, they ain't as bad as those from Taiwan. But Taiwan... Man, they are idiots.

Added after 2 minutes:

karauma wrote:I don't care if a person's cheating. But I HATE it when a person tells me I'm cheating.
I was playing Babo Violent 2(Great online game for win-XP, search it on google if you get the chance) And this little ass says I'm auto targeting. I mean, I was kicking his ass, but not THAT much.
HAHA.
Same applies for Gunbound. If you're lucky and unlucky at the same time, meaning that you get multiple hits without missing and your target is a failure, they'd go all "OMG AIMBOT!!"

Postby Material Defender » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:34 am

That reminds me in Dystopia. There's this thing called the SWT. I call it the most underused assest ever. It's basically a legal wallhack, as it lets you track the sounds of people's footsteps and gunfire. You can even hear richots, but those are disginished. But anyways, SWT. I use it almost all the time. But it gets annoying when I blow up someone rounding a corner with a rocket launcher after knowing when they'll come, they yell "WALLHACK."

But at least the more mature players go "Yeah. It's called SWT. You can use it too."

Postby Kaj » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:17 pm

The only time I ever cheated on an online game it was a glitch, and I didn't even know that it was a glitch in the game until somebody told me.

"Hey did you ever try such and such at this place?" "Dude, that's a glitch, it's not even supposed to happen."

That's pretty much how it played out, in vague dramatization form. lol. But it did raise me by quite a few levels.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:07 am

Any decent online game should be killing new hacks, that's what I mean. People shouldn't be ABLE to cheat.

Postby Kaj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 am

True, and in some online games even after a new patch you still find massive problems abound.

Postby Wizard » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Cheaters are douchebags. No discussion.

Postby Flama the foxangel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:42 pm

You people are right about walktroughts and also in some points of using cheat codes. Is good to use them after you beat the game to replay things that you can't, and also to find about beta stages (stages that are in the game but they weren't finished) like in Sonic 2 about the Hidden Palace Zone.
I don't consider using glitches as cheating because is the fault of the programmers and the game testers of letting something like that stay in the game, like the cloning glitch in Pkmn Emerald.
But I think that I don't agree with you Lengeta, is the fault of the people for using cheat codes in the game and making cheating device. The game creators can make stronger games but then the hackers search the form to make their cheating devices stronger too. Is like the computer viruses, they can make a strong antivirus but then it comes a new virus and the creators have to make a new one.

Postby Glahardt » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Flama the foxangel wrote:I don't consider using glitches as cheating because is the fault of the programmers and the game testers of letting something like that stay in the game, like the cloning glitch in Pkmn Emerald.
Still cheating, because it's not supposed to happen. If you have even played BF2142, you would've heard of the notorious "invincible titan knife-man" bug, where a player can actually drop into the enemy's titan, in an area which is only restricted to the enemy, it's the spawn point of the titan. Not only that, once they drop in, they become invincible. And when that happens, the 'tards usually start knifing the enemies to get their dogtags and massive knife kills.
So, you still don't consider exploiting a bug cheating?

Postby Kaj » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:43 pm

The fault is on both parties there.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming