Magic the Gathering Speak!

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Magic the Gathering Speak!

Postby Frost-Selphir » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:02 pm

Talk about anything Magic The Gathering oriented here! Discuss different cards, decks, colors and so forth. :O

I'll start...

SLIVER DECKS!

YOUR OPINION?

Mine is that they're uber pwnage. ;o

Postby Onizaru » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:16 pm

Not many have beaten my sliver deck. What are you supposed to do against and army of sliver tokens with trample.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:18 pm

Sliver decks are cheap and I personally hate them. There is no game against a good sliver deck just because they are just too overpowered. In my opinion, some of the worst players use sliver decks and they are not worth playing with.
Marquis de Soth

Re: Magic the Gathering Speak!

Postby Frost-Selphir » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:55 am

Lol. I don't think any deck is over-powered. Or rather, the structure of any deck. I've beaten Sliver decks as many times as I've won with them. Maybe it's just because I'm so damn good. ;P

Well, Onizaru, my solution is a simple one. If I take a sliver deck to combat yours, I add in Sliver Overlords and simply bide my time stale-mating our cards. A sliver queen, with the ability to give me a vaster range of slivers, will also give me the upper-hand.

But there are innumerable strategies against sliver decks without actually using them. They're rather easy to defeat. Would you like to "game?" in a sense? Textually, albeit, but perhaps it'll work. You can pick some sliver deck and I'll defeat it.

I can beat any deck given the time. One loss will equal an infinite number of victories. Until a new deck to oppose me has arisen.

Soth, those words are to you. I'm serious. I bet you I can defeat any sliver deck you throw at me. Just give me twenty minutes, free choice of my cards to pick and I'll beat it. My favorite is using 3K cards to bash slivers.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:02 am

Wow...someone has an obsession. I wasn't saying that YOU can't beat them, I was saying that they are too difficult to beat for others. I have seen very experienced players use their favorite decks, which are very well built in their own right, play against rookies using sliver decks and lose most of the time. Playing with them gives one too much of an advantage and the game just doesn't become fun anymore.
Marquis de Soth

Postby zepherin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:47 am

I have a red green thalid goblin deck. Combined with a few cards that improve all my guys by +x+x for each guy out. I multiply very quickly bust out one of those and kill you horribly.

My friend has 3 of the older worded cards where he can infinitely sacrifice these 3 guys, I've been hit with a few 100 point fire balls before.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Frost-Selphir » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 am

Lol, apparently by the fact that they lost they were far from being experinced players. If some one is truly good at the game, they'll manage against anything.

Oh, really, Zepherin... Wanna try it out on lil ol' me? ;P

I'll just use my Scion Deck. Just a green deck, no biggie.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:03 pm

No, actually, one of them was (and still is) one of the best players in the Bay Area.

Anyways, I just wanted to know, Frost, do you know of that combination of older cards that creates an infinite life loop? I used to have the cards but I don't know where they went and I want to have it for collector's sake.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Frost-Selphir » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 pm

I know of a few methods to gain continous life. Can you be more specific? Like colors, or if they're a combination of sorceries or creatures?

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 pm

It was a enchant that let you summon a creature for 1 red mana, a spell that let you gain life equal to the toughness of each creature you summon, an artifact that let you sacrifice a creature for one any color mana and a pheonix card that returned to your hand everytime it went to the graveyard.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Distracto » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:26 am

Personaly, I hate slivers, I find it to easy to win with them. Instead I have built a deck that almost always wins in 8 turns. My deck revolves Phage and geting her out. The way my deck plays, I get her out every game.
Kinda Back...we will see

Return to Snafu Gaming