Mom stole the xbox

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby karauma » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:24 pm

lol, I have better parents than you. (jk) But seriously, if I was working, I Think that they would probably let me do whatever I wanted in my free time. But I could see my step mom doing the same thing. God I'm glad she ain't my real mom. And what's worse is that you're 18. Jesus she sounds like a bitch.
Bananamancer

Postby Alucard666 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:58 pm

She used to treat me alot nicer before my sister moved out and we got a new dog...

Re: Holy fucking shit(parent related)

Postby warshadow » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:37 pm

Alucard666 wrote:So, I'm in a clan match and me and my buddies decide to go out and buy Medal of Honor Airborne, I go out and can't pick it up due to shipping problems with labor day. I come home an hour later and what do i find...mom has snatched my xbox and hidden it, says she took it away cause all i do is game, go to work, come home, game. Says the room is a hell hole.

Ok, first off, ITS FUCKING THE LAST WEEK OF SUMMER. I haven't gamed at all this summer and started using the xbox only these last 2 weeks, and wtf does she want me to do when I get home at 11 at fucking night, VACUUM!?

As for the room itself, its fine, I just cleaned it the other day and the only mess is a fucking blanket on the couch. I don't understand this crazy fucking bitch and her mid life crisis bullshit, I can't believe i was angry she asked my dad for a divorce awhile ago.

*is super uber pissed off mode*
Sorry if my sentance structure sucked epicly in this post, i am very pissed.

i feel sorry for you and every other person whos has parents like that including me

Postby Mr.Button-Eyes » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Hmm. "I weep for you," the Walrus said,
"I deeply sympathize"
How I wonder, What you're at!
bk-o wrote:I feel the hat business is soon going to become a major world thing. Hat economy will boost, and much, much hair will be pressed.

Postby Bk-o » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:06 am

Yeah, your mom really shouldn't doing that kind of stuff when you're 18. I'd say you should move out of your home. Find a roommate, you've got a job right?

Wait, shouldn't you be in college?
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Alucard666 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Dude, i'm a junior in highschool. And I don't even know what I want to do for a college/real job.

And hopefully I will be living in my grandparents apartment this winter while they are in florida.

Postby Bk-o » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:08 pm

But... you're 18? I'm a Junior, too... man I feel so young.

Anyway, I guess you'll just have to deal with it for now.

Postby LinearGust » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:58 pm

my mom gets really pissy about cleaning things too
for example I leave a sock on the floor and plows it out of proportion and treats it as if I blew a bomb in the house
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Sentios » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:02 am

You should try blowing a bomb in the house see how she reacts then...
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby LinearGust » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:16 am

yeah, I don't think I need a bomb or want to learn how to make one either since I would be homeless then^_^;
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Aszhasal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:37 am

Alucard666 wrote:By doing what?

Try talking to her...
Bleedman's message to his fans:
Get a life.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Maybe she's ON TO SOMETHING.

Don't you have anything better to do than play games?

Postby Kris » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 pm

lol lol lol

So glad I don't live at home anymore. I haven't lived at home for 6 years now. Although honestly, I could do whatever I wanted while I was in the house. My parents weren't strict enough to control me while I was at home; it's when I tried to leave the house that the problems started.

I don't think they're bothered by my gaming. On the rare chances I do go home, I end up showing off the games to my dad, who is generally impressed by the graphics. My mom's just sort of clueless to the whole thing.

We have a 9 year old. Or well, my fiancee has a 9 year old. And now I see why parents get all bitchy about kids gaming all day long. When you're young, you should be more active and doing more than staring at a TV for 8 hours a day. Personally, I'd like it if he picked up a book now and then, but I've never actually seen the kid read. But he also takes his gameboy on 5 minute car trips, and into restaurants and stuff, which is a little ridiculous I think, but I remember what it's like to be little and bored to death. I still get bored to death. It really only becomes a problem when you're neglecting more important things, like homework, your job, and sleep.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Wizard » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Three months without computer on a daily basis so far.

Two and a half months until end of First Quarter, in which I am determined to get all A's and earn my freedom back.

Three years until college.

Around eleven years until I can tell my parents to go fuck themselves.

Around eleven years and a day until my father cuts me out of the will.

Postby Alucard666 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:49 am

Kazuo Kiriyama wrote:Maybe she's ON TO SOMETHING.

Don't you have anything better to do than play games?

You're thinking just like her, I DO do things besides play games. Whenever I have a day off from work I will usually spend it with a lady friend or normal friend after school, unless I just feel like going home and resting then I will go home and game. And I always do my homework before I start gaming...most of the time.

Postby Wazit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:56 am

Aszhasal wrote:
Alucard666 wrote:By doing what?

Try talking to her...

Based on Alucard's post, I doubt she'll listen

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:02 pm

warshadow wrote:
Alucard666 wrote:So, I'm in a clan match and me and my buddies decide to go out and buy Medal of Honor Airborne, I go out and can't pick it up due to shipping problems with labor day. I come home an hour later and what do i find...mom has snatched my xbox and hidden it, says she took it away cause all i do is game, go to work, come home, game. Says the room is a hell hole.

Ok, first off, ITS FUCKING THE LAST WEEK OF SUMMER. I haven't gamed at all this summer and started using the xbox only these last 2 weeks, and wtf does she want me to do when I get home at 11 at fucking night, VACUUM!?

As for the room itself, its fine, I just cleaned it the other day and the only mess is a fucking blanket on the couch. I don't understand this crazy fucking bitch and her mid life crisis bullshit, I can't believe i was angry she asked my dad for a divorce awhile ago.

*is super uber pissed off mode*
Sorry if my sentance structure sucked epicly in this post, i am very pissed.

i feel sorry for you and every other person whos has parents like that including me

Me too man. My parents say the same thing. and then there's the unexpected: They choose everything for you. C'mon, everyone likes to make their own choices, right?

Postby Sentios » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:37 pm

Kris wrote:We have a 9 year old. Or well, my fiancee has a 9 year old. And now I see why parents get all bitchy about kids gaming all day long. When you're young, you should be more active and doing more than staring at a TV for 8 hours a day. Personally, I'd like it if he picked up a book now and then, but I've never actually seen the kid read. But he also takes his gameboy on 5 minute car trips, and into restaurants and stuff, which is a little ridiculous I think, but I remember what it's like to be little and bored to death. I still get bored to death. It really only becomes a problem when you're neglecting more important things, like homework, your job, and sleep.

That was worrisome there Kris, for a second I thought you were going to announce plans to rend the boy's soul from his body and stomp on it while making him repeat the word reality. Kids are kids, let them be... they have the whole rest of their life to regret being alive. :/

Postby Bk-o » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:02 am

Don't be silly! Kris needs a level 30 in Soul Mastery to do that!

Postby MDK » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:58 am

Shes level 29 already >___>
"When I grew up, I put away childish things, including the desire to appear grown up."
ImageImageImageORIGINULCHARCTOR DO NOT STEEL!

Postby Wazit » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:37 am

Doesn't she have a Clock of Soul Stealing +10?

Postby Kris » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:51 pm

Sentios wrote:
That was worrisome there Kris, for a second I thought you were going to announce plans to rend the boy's soul from his body and stomp on it while making him repeat the word reality. Kids are kids, let them be... they have the whole rest of their life to regret being alive. :/

Well, he's not MY kid, so there's not much I could do even if I wanted to. And I'd be a total hypocrite as well, since I tend to spend a majority of my free time doing the same thing. He's also only here every other weekend, so maybe he does more (which would mean any at all) reading at home. His grades seem to be good (he's in....3rd or 4th grade and has been making mostly As I think), so I guess he's alright. That or his school is really easy.

And like I said, I remember what it was to be that age and being forced to sit and stare at the wall, so I can understand. But on the other hand it's a parent's/adult's responsibility to make sure the kids do "better" things; they have their entire adult lives to screw up and screw around.

Also, it's a rapier +8.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Sentios » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:25 pm

A person has to decide to push their limits themselves, no one else can decide that.

Going against that usually ends up badly... pressure and expectations are just as capable of ruining a person (important to rememeber) just as much as, if not more than, they are pushing them forward.

Also adults don't have time to screw around... unless they like living in cardboard boxes... :\ (If you know the secret to having some time between work and more work please feel free to share it)

Postby Wazit » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 am

It helps sometimes when the parents push the child a bit. After all, a little motivation always helps :P

Postby Sentios » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Yes... sometimes... however this isn't an exact science. It's not 100% guaranteed that the pressure will turn a coal into a diamond.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming