Gran Turismo 4

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Gran Turismo 4

Postby Yoshi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Yes, Gran Turismo 4, the game I love to hate and hate to love. Now, I'm not a racing gamer, let alone a racing simulator gamer, and I only ever fancied the NFS series when it wasn't all about the "bling" or whatever you call it.

But I really do like GT4. I'm not very good at it, but I knows what I like, and I can actually have a good time. Anyone else play it?

Also, if you ever try to ease someone into playing it, get them to use the Lotus Elise (One of my favourite cars ever) or Vauxhall VX220 (I think). Easiest handling car in the game. Not very powerful, but low weight means great handling and acceleration which is perfect for twisty tracks.

I also use El Capitan Normal for for time trials and tests. I like it because it has enough straights to let the supercars work their muscle, by enough twists and turns to weed out the crappy handlers. I only use stock cars with normal Sports tyres.

1:52 for Ford GT
1:56 for Lotus Elise
1:58 for BMW M3 (First try at the car, I must admit)
2:02 for Skyline GTR R34 (Yeah, I know, I must disgrace the Skyline owners but I really don't like this car. I just figured it was the obligitory "OMFG JAPCAR")

I know many people can dwarf my times.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Material Defender » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Ah. GT. Lovely semi-sim racing type game. GT3 I got really good at one time. Just takes practice and time. I was GREAT with a PT cruiser until I got a Corvette. I got pretty good stuff on this.

Return to Snafu Gaming