Game concepts and stories

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Game concepts and stories

Postby karauma » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:06 am

This thread is for game concepts and stories only. If you want to discuss the art, or gameplay, past the basic concepts then go to the game development thread. Any way, this thread is for concepts that you are planning on making use of, or would like other people to make use of. So this is a concept that I have, and the beginning of an fps(concept).

You wake up in an alley, without the faintest idea of who or where you are. You are dressed in a victorian england-esque style of dress, You wear a coat, your hair is greesy, and uncombed, you have simple leather boots, and some torn gloves. You find in your pockets, a key with a small mosaic of a crow attached to it, and a flashlight with a strange lens on it. The lens has a magic circle on it, though you have no idea what it means. You stumble out of the alley, wandering aimlessly, you enter into a market place, It is surrounded by four skyscrapers, and above the market place is a huge painted stone statue of an angel-esque figure, he is similar to micheal the archangel but his wings are black, like a crow's wings(ZOMG! Foreshadowing!), and his sword is pointed downwards. You look down, and there is a huge mosaic of a devil, (His skin is not red by the way) he has horns, and black wings, also like a crows. Suddenly you hear someone yell "Hey! You!" You feel as though it's directed at you, so you look to where the noise is coming from. You see a man standing in the crowd, with shocked eyes. His is clothing is similar in some ways to yours, but it is jet black, with white highlights. He is clean, and wears a top hat matching the rest of his clothes. he seems like a slender and young man, his hair is a bright red. He runs to you, he stops only mere inches from you, and stops to catch his breath, when he finally gets a hold of himself, he notices the flashlight half sticking out of your pocket. And he says happily "I can't believe it's you! And after so many years! The rest of the group needs to know about this." This only confuses you further. You've never seen this man in your life, or at least you don't think you have. You respond by asking "Do I know you?" The strange man pauses for a moment, with a kind of disappointment in his eyes, but he soon regains his composure and responds by saying "So, you don't even remember me eh?"His face has a small grin that hits in between humor, depression and embarrassment. He continues to say "I can't say I'm surprised. After all, last time I saw you... Well... Let's get to somewhere more private.". So, What do you think? Does it sound interesting enough for a game? The setting is kind of like a twisted victorian england, with some simple technologies, such as telephones, trains, cars, guns. They all worship this strange crow angel, he's all over the place. The architecture is all kind of weird gothic, mixed with some futuristic, and there's neon light all over the place.
Bananamancer

Postby Kaj » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Sounds highly interesting, a post apocalyptic world, right?

One thing confused me though. By dress did you mean that the main character wore a dress, or did you mean clothing?

Oh, and you can bet that I will post my ideas on my project. Just give me a little time to compile my information.

Postby Deelenzero » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Kaj wrote:Sounds highly interesting, a post apocalyptic world, right?

One thing confused me though. By dress did you mean that the main character wore a dress, or did you mean clothing?

Oh, and you can bet that I will post my ideas on my project. Just give me a little time to compile my information.

Im pretty sure he ment "old school english clothes"

thats an awesome concept *waits for more, thinking of something that would be cool to add*
"I Believe There's Meaning!, No I Believe There's Nothing!!"
"The body exists only to verify one's own existence"

Postby GuardianX » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Sounds ok. But did you say they worship a strange cow angel? Holy cow.
I have one game concept I like, but it is one of my ideas I am keeping to myself or people I trust. I am very paranoid about people stealing my ideas. But I can come up with a different idea.

Postby karauma » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:59 am

Kaj wrote:Sounds highly interesting, a post apocalyptic world, right?

Dress as in clothing, not woman's clothes. lol
Bananamancer

Postby Yoshi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:40 am

... If I had an awesome idea why would I post it in a place where people could steal it?
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Re: Game concepts and stories

Postby Nox » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:18 am

points for originality kar, but...
I think your forgetting something.

COPYRIGHT :unsure:

Postby Wazit » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:36 am

Exactly, don't complain later when you find your story somewhere else on the internet

Postby Kaj » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:58 am

I'll post some of my vague concepts as soon as I get my sht together on it. The good thing is that they can't be stolen because they are more like features and vague concepts than story, which are subject to interpretation and misinterpretation. I'm still going to slap a CW on it though, so that nobody reposts it anywhere else.

Postby Sentios » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Thoughts on games that combine the past and future (IE demons and space travel) anyone?
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Material Defender » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Yoshi wrote:... If I had an awesome idea why would I post it in a place where people could steal it?

Because they would pay to have other people make it thier plot.

Postby GuardianX » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm

Basic idea. You and 7 others are chosen by fate to train under the Elemental Masters- Powerful Wizards who have mastery over an elemental type of magic- to become the new ones. Depending on what element you pick, either you choose or undergo an personality test, each of the other characters may change positions from they would be if you choose a different element. It goes on from there. Probally tests, training, something evil you have to fight, ect.

Postby Next-Gen. » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:59 pm

Ok.

Your name is (insert name here), and recently, you've suffered a near death experience involving a Demon that has Destroyed your town and every living person in it. You awake in a odd, dark organic looking laboratory, where you learn from a scientist (who later on becomes one of your close friend's) of this horrible Truth. You also learn of that the only way too save your life, was to infuse you with the power of another Demon, that is the common enemy of the one that has destroyed your life. Now, you travel in this new world, which turns out to be a hidden kingdom in another dimension, trying to destroy these creatures that have destroyed your life.

I'd get into more detail, but it's pretty late and I'm exhausted.
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Re: Game concepts and stories

Postby karauma » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 am

NOX wrote:points for originality kar, but...
I think your forgetting something.

COPYRIGHT :unsure:

This Concept is copyright of Karauma. If anyone wants to use this concept, please ask, give credit, and give a copy of the finished product to the creator(me). Past that, I could care less if someone steals my ideas, as long as they aren't an ass about it. An idea is something I can fabricate in an instant, and even if it took a while to think out, it still didn't take much effort. If someone claimed some of my art to be their's, then I would be pissed. I put effort into that stuff. lol
Bananamancer

Postby Rival » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 am

Yoshi wrote:... If I had an awesome idea why would I post it in a place where people could steal it?

Postby Wazit » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:27 am

>.> <.< *steals ideas for RP purposes*

Return to Snafu Gaming