EVO World

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby InterimOfZeal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Haha, Falco's slow though. Easy to hit, unless it's Forward (retirement makes me sad).

Lengeta wrote:*head smack*
You already told me your not there for Smash...
No MMs for the moment, I usually try to avoid them for no particular reason. I'm there to play, not make money.

BECAUSE YOU'LL LOSE TEH MONIES!

Good luck to Kazuo and Layne!
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.

Postby Kaj » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:33 pm

I'm sure that plenty of people will come out of retirement for Brawl. Not to mention the new faces.

Re: EVO World

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:10 am

Smash had a lot smaller showing at evo than I expected.

Also, me and my partner won first place in the Melty Blood teams tournament, whoo.

Postby Lengeta » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 am

Awesome Kazuo! I didn't quite make it out of the pools in smash, although that doesn't really mean anything since not even Arash, Sky, or MewTwoKing made it out. Both Smash's and 3rd Strike had really, really shittily run pools, tisk, tisk. They did have a pretty good turnout for the Smash preliminaries I thought, but most everyone went to lunch during the finals. Oh well, it defiantly wasn't a "Smash" crowd.

Really fucking fun trip, EVO is awesome, but a lot of bad came from it. Basically 2 of the 4 of us that went decided they didn't need to help pay for the hotel or gas, so fuck them. If anyone's who's curious or cares, it's Zack (Gojira) and Nate (FtS), they're the two that basically keep the Smash scene here going in a tournament sense. A LOT of the community has had their... problems dealing with Zack, but Nate's been pretty cool the whole time. Still, I'm done with the local Smash group for good, this marks the second road-trip people have been unwilling to help with cash. No more tournies for me, I'm done because of those two pricks. Sorry if I miss you in Utah in the future, IoZ. Feel free to stop by, hang out, play Smash, whatever, but I won't be at anymore of the Utah tournies.

Postby Lengeta » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:09 am

I have some pictures too... I'll try to upload them sometime in the future, but for now... sorries.

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming