EVO World

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Kaj » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:39 pm

I'm not sure. I have a smashboards account but have never used it. Not sure why. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not very confident in my ability as a smasher due to several ass kickings by them.

Added after 19 minutes:

Just saw his member photo. Nah thats not him. I probably should have emphisized on the fact of "best player I know in real life." lol. But I can pretty much asure you that they are damn good at SSBM. I can say that without lying because I know that I suck compared to them. And I can even beat 3 level 9 Foxes, or I could, back when I was in better practice... haven't played in a while.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Erm... I can beat 3 lvl 9 Roys that are teamed with friendly fire off without taking any damage in a 99 stock match. Rest assured, your friends would get whomped. Beating computers is nothing at all, seriously.

Haha, to everyone that isn't a competitive gamer, I'm not being an arrogant prick, I just know how things go. After awhile you start to realize that the difference in skill level between someone who goes to tournaments on a regular basis and someone who doesn't is astronomical.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 pm

I know that there is no real way of proving to you how good I really am, short of having a match, which would be impossible, so I'm going to leave it at that.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Good man. ♥

Haha, I might go to FL for SSBM sometime, if they ever get anyone decent aside from DaShizWiz. I'll probably end up visiting NYC instead. Bum's DK is too good. XD
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Oh, and going to tournaments and having a lot of friends who enjoy playing smash bros 'competitively' are not that different. My friends don't go easy on you, even if you are a begginer. If they see an opportunity to edgeguard during a match they're going to take it.

Added after 4 minutes:

I've died so so many times. -_-
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:21 pm

Haha, that's where you're wrong. You need to go to tournaments to really improve. Any dunce can waveshine, but to beat someone, you have to play at a level waaaaaaaaay beyond that.

Go to one large tournament (and I don't mean 20+ people, I mean go to one with at least DSW and 2-3 other pros) and you'll see what I mean. The skill difference is immense between people that play competitively together all the time and people who go to tournaments. For one, when you play the same people, you develop habits to defeat their habits. A professional will destroy you for these. Hell, even a semi-decent smasher will.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Rival » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:22 am

I could never understand the deluded logic of "we're a bunch of 6 friends, one of us can beat the 5 others, ergo he's the best player in the world!'" it's just retarded. I know you said, he's the best player you know in real life, but you still make it sound as if he's a pro, which I assure you he's not. You have to meet different people, with vastly different strategies, to really evolve and be good and "pro" at any Game(Mortal Combat excluded), or Sport.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12784
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Postby Kaj » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Ok, he has been to tournaments. I on the other hand haven't. I've never been lucky enough to because if they are in FL that means that the closest place to me that they 'would' hold it is probably Tallahassee which is a several hour drive from here. -_-
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:54 pm

Should go, it's worth it. I've driven 15 hours to play. XD
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Yeah, I've always wanted to, but have never had the time.... Maybe if Brawl's online is good enough it will fix that.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Kaj, your fine, I'm sure your pretty decent. The fact that your not flaunting around that you and your friends "could beat Shiz and Ken easy" just goes to show how much of a douche you aren't. I feel like I'm slowly getting worse and worse at the game because of how little I get to play with other people. Oh well, at least I'm going to EVO!!!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

Postby Acktoo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:57 pm

Funny thing is... I actually have to be out of town when EVO goes down. Talk about irony...
Too good for you.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Between Planes
Gender: Male

Postby Kaj » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Exactly, I'm not claiming that I'm the best gamer in the world, or that any of my friends are. I am claiming, however, that we are pretty good, just good enough to be a little cocky and still back it up.

(If you saw I put a lol after that claim that I made about my friends, meaning I'm not serious. Just felt like pointing that out.)
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby Yoshi » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:46 am

My casual (Read: minimal) play strategy would ensure that I can beat absolutely every player in the world.

Obviously.





Note for the slow: Not a dig at anyone in particular.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12585
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:38 am
Location: In A Tree Gathering My Nuts
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:14 pm

Yoshi's actually the best player in the world. I've seen him. He's crazy.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:43 pm

Hey, IoZ, is wobbling generally banned? I've heard both yes and no. If it isn't banned, then getting wobbled should be the one time pause isn't banned.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:02 pm

It depends on the region. Super Champ Combo is allowing it, and it's sponsored by MLG. I can't remember what FC6 did, but OC3 didn't allow it (cuz Ken got teh rapsiesed by it).

Personally, I think it should be allowed. Don't get grabbed when they're completely synced, it's fairly easy to avoid. Plus, Fox is gay gay gay gay gay gay gay, and I'd like to see this take him down a notch.

Pause is allowed when you're being wobbled. Colorado and AZ call it the "c-c-c-combo breaker", and Taj did it to Wobbles once at an AZ tournament (no seriously, he did, but Wobbles was too nice to force him to forfeit the match after that, haha).
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:16 pm

Wobbling is double scary because I don't have IC experience. A couple people play them in Utah now though, so hopefully after I take EVO I won't have to worry about it anymore. And yeah, I'm totally winning EVO.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

Postby InterimOfZeal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Haha, nice.

Falco's dthrow serves to seperate them. You're gonna be in trouble if you get grabbed no matter what. He's hella easy to kill.
Dave wrote:wait... bobsagat is asian? Really? When did THIS happen?

Jay wrote:A horrible accident during an audition halved the length of his penis.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 am
Location: I'M STUCK IN THE VCR!
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Falco's not easy to kill when he doesn't get hit. XP
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:34 pm

It follows that general rule, if you can't touch me you can't kill me.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Re: EVO World

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:24 pm

EVO is tomorrow!

My carpool leaves at 2 AM tonight, and I'm hyped. I'll see you around, Layne.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:50 pm

Sweet action, Kazuo. Hopefully I don't have to knock you out of the qualifiers!

::EDIT::

Oh, and good luck!!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

Re: EVO World

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:58 pm

Sweet action, Kazuo. Hopefully I don't have to knock you out of the qualifiers!


I won't be competing in Smash, I'm not quite good enough. I'll still play anyone in casuals.

Oh, and good luck!!!


You too! Got any money matches planned?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Gender: None specified

Postby Lengeta » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:19 am

*head smack*
You already told me your not there for Smash...
No MMs for the moment, I usually try to avoid them for no particular reason. I'm there to play, not make money.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10945
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:59 pm
Location: Lehi, UT
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests