Games we regret buying

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Hana » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 am

Suikoden 4.

Seriously, 20 hours through the game when I realized I was almost at the end, I took it back, and got Disgaea instead.

Best. decision. ever.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Maakasu Kasaga » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:48 pm

well i have alot of games, i do regret getting Oblivion ,and genji 2, spiderman. that is it ( PS3 games anyway)

Postby BanditFalcon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Boymonkey130 wrote:fusion frenzy 2. D:>

But I didn't actually do the buying, so It's alright. (I guess...)

Fusion Frenzy 2 got a:

2 out of 5.

Postby narutodesu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:00 pm

<< I kinda liked Suikoden 4

Postby Maakasu Kasaga » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:01 pm

i also thought Suikoden 4 wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great game either

Postby Archanos » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:11 pm

Big rigs.....god....I Shouldn't even need to say why...Well, at least it was free..

Re: Games we regret buying

Postby Teran » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Although I'm a huge fan of Yoshi...

Yoshi Story (N64): Man, after playing Yoshi's Island for SNES, I expected a lot from this game... and I only receive a game that can be passed in less than two hours. Didn't enjoyed it at all.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby SpellRuler » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:49 am

Megaman X7, it's the first time I was a bit sad playing a Megaman game, and I honestly played every damn Megaman game in existence. The thing I didn't like was that they broke free from the traditional Side-Scrolling, and made it 3D, yes, I know that sounds crappy, but 3D Megaman was just bad. You'd just ram the fire button and you would hit everything as you locked on with X and Axl. As for Zero? He sucked in 3D as well, you coudn't really tell if you were close enough to slash with your Sabre. Thank GOD that X8 was traditional side-scrolling again. If you will excuse me, I'm gonna play Megaman Starforce now.
Keeper: Welcome to the forums. And yes, don't try to bitch with Ganon. He can be a nice guy, but act like a bastard to him and you're comparing that to a battle between a yellow-belt martial-artist, and a guy with a tomigun. You ain't gonna win.

Smaug & Nix: Smaug: I was hoping for a perfect mold of your penis. But that'll have to wait. Nix: Smaug, you know you don't need a mold of it, you can have the real deal any time you want.

Dave & Yoshi: Dave: A better question would be can a Sledgehammer stop my boner. This is what the people REALLY want to know. Yoshi: .. See, now why are scientists not researching something worthwhile, like that?

Pokemon Pearl FC: 1933 7298 5053 Name: Blitz

Postby narutodesu » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:43 am

The only good 3D Megaman game is of course Legends! But I found X7 okay but I never liked to use Axl.

Postby Maakasu Kasaga » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:21 pm

i liked the 10 anniversary edition of megaman, it was cool and had stlye

Postby TriWizard416 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 am

Neverwinter Nights 2 >.> dont ask why, but i just didn't like the concept

Prince Of Persia Sands of Time - i played backwards kind of. Clocked Warrior Within and Two Thrones, LOVED both of them. Sands of time was shit. So glad i didnt play in order, or else it woulda put me off the other 2 games.
who wants pizza and games at pizza and play!

Postby The Finish » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:25 am

Civilization 3---> god i hated this game
Die Hard: Vendetta--> though this wasnt my fault, my pops got it for me for xmas
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Postby MDK » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Invasion: NY
God... worst plot in history of mankind, the FPS somewhat too generic, voices where shit, and for the love of fucking common sense, when there's an alien invasion, YOU DON'T risk your life so you can get all the gold out of the federal reserve.
And please, why the hell do they give you a place where you can upgrade your weapon, if you can do it anytime you want by pausing the game!!.

Future Tactics
Ok, this one wasn't bad at all, but the soundtrack was HORRIBLE, and the gameplay was very simple, it was a fun game to play, except for the soundtrack.

more to come...
"When I grew up, I put away childish things, including the desire to appear grown up."
ImageImageImageORIGINULCHARCTOR DO NOT STEEL!

Postby Dekar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm

Hmm as much as I love the grandia series, I could not make myself like this one.

Grandia Extreme:PS2 (even though I liked the battle system, the storyline sucked hardcore)
It is both foolish and wicked to teach the average man who is not well off that some wrong or injustice has been done him, and that he should hope for redress elsewhere than in his own industry, honesty, and intelligence.

~ Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Postby Kaj » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Dekar wrote:Hmm as much as I love the grandia series, I could not make myself like this one.

Grandia Extreme:PS2 (even though I liked the battle system, the storyline sucked hardcore)

I've come to find that any game with the word extreme in the title to be a piece of crap.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:38 pm

Sonic and the Secret Rings. But Shadow the Hedgehog? Why is it hated so again? I actually enjoyed the multiple paths and endings (even though just one is canon). Yes some parts were glitchy but...

Maybe I just have tons of patience with them. They weren't that major to me. And the controls were just fine as well. In short, I had FUN.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Shoi » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:20 pm

My mom got me a FMA game for Christmas. X3 I thanked her and then told her to take it back so I could get Metal Gear Solid 3.

I hated doing that to her, she doesn't know games, but she knew I liked that anime at least ^_^;
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Mr. Noia » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Shoi wrote:My mom got me a FMA game for Christmas. X3 I thanked her and then told her to take it back so I could get Metal Gear Solid 3.

I hated doing that to her, she doesn't know games, but she knew I liked that anime at least ^_^;

parents can be so considerate and so wrong at the same time =)

I regret buying Armed and Dangerous

it doesn't work on my pc :(

sim city 4. it's arright I guess but not my type of game. I actually regret buying a lot of games since I'm not really a gamer and play less and less videogames.

Postby Teran » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:32 am

Mario Party 4 (Gamecube): Indeed, I think this game wasn't what I was looking for. Although it showed some decent mini-games, I found it too large and tedious. I think the Mario Party franchise ended with Mario Party 2, and since then, it went downhill.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Kaj » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:54 am

Baten Kaitos, or however you spell it. At the beggining of the game the voices sound like they are recording in a broom closet. And I've never really liked card card games. The story wasn't too terribly original either.

Postby Senel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Ninety Nine Night's, yea it got repetive so fast killing 4,000 thing's a level couldn't make it fun.

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Onizaru » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:39 pm

Braces for projectile impact.

I regret buying Zelda: Twilight Princess (wii) The ONLY zelda games I have ever liked were The top down 2d games. I only got it cause I was being a consumer whore. Everybody told me I should get it. I played it. It wasn't a bad game in any way but... I just wasn't interested. The dog parts were fun but I realy didn't feel like playing it. The story line did nothing for me and the fighting feels empty to me. It's not fun enough to make it worth it. I traded it in for EB credit.

I have more to rant about but I have class in the morning and I just got off work. Its past midnight.

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:55 pm

Resident Evil Survivor, quite possibly one of the worst RE games ever to be put on PS1.
First off the gameplay is slow-paced and boring, the gameplay is boring, "Gee, I'm the games main charicter, Ark Thompson. I just woke up and realized that I have amnesia. Now I have figure out who I am and what I am up against. Gee gang, looks like we have another mystery to solve."
And the graphics look horrible, even for an old PS game. The game isn't scary, nor does it even come close to being even remotely frightening. As for sound, you have crappy voice acting that sounds just as bad as it did in the first RE. With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby shadow_the_beast » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:37 am

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:Sonic and the Secret Rings. But Shadow the Hedgehog? Why is it hated so again? I actually enjoyed the multiple paths and endings (even though just one is canon). Yes some parts were glitchy but...

Maybe I just have tons of patience with them. They weren't that major to me. And the controls were just fine as well. In short, I had FUN.

I like Shadow the Hedgehog too. I just don't like and don't know why Shadow use guns.

I can't stand Sonic and the Secret Rings. It was fun at first, then it got retarded when you have to play the same level with different objectives 19 times. Not to mention party mode sucks balls.

Postby Wazit » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Malebolgia the mad one wrote:Resident Evil Survivor, quite possibly one of the worst RE games ever to be put on PS1.
First off the gameplay is slow-paced and boring, the gameplay is boring, "Gee, I'm the games main charicter, Ark Thompson. I just woke up and realized that I have amnesia. Now I have figure out who I am and what I am up against. Gee gang, looks like we have another mystery to solve."
And the graphics look horrible, even for an old PS game. The game isn't scary, nor does it even come close to being even remotely frightening. As for sound, you have crappy voice acting that sounds just as bad as it did in the first RE. With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.

Shit.... you just reminded me of it. Just when I thought I can escape form my memories

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming