Games we regret buying

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Games we regret buying

Postby Teran » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Bomberman Hero (N64): Although it had some decent gameplay, the game was very simple. Didn't liked the fact that they took out all the strategic gameplay of the previous title, giving Bomberman the ability to jump. Also, I passed the entire game in less than a day. It has some decent modes, but definitely I'd rather buy another game.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Jingle Males » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:28 pm

wazit_blade wrote:
Malebolgia the mad one wrote:Resident Evil Survivor, quite possibly one of the worst RE games ever to be put on PS1.
First off the gameplay is slow-paced and boring, the gameplay is boring, "Gee, I'm the games main charicter, Ark Thompson. I just woke up and realized that I have amnesia. Now I have figure out who I am and what I am up against. Gee gang, looks like we have another mystery to solve."
And the graphics look horrible, even for an old PS game. The game isn't scary, nor does it even come close to being even remotely frightening. As for sound, you have crappy voice acting that sounds just as bad as it did in the first RE. With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.

Shit.... you just reminded me of it. Just when I thought I can escape form my memories

I suppose you will have to hide in a corner until the bad memories go away?
Youre Gold. Act like it
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Boymonkey130 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:02 am

Senel wrote:Ninety Nine Night's, yea it got repetive so fast killing 4,000 thing's a level couldn't make it fun.

It's an alright rent, though... That's what I did.

Postby Wazit » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:58 am

Malebolgia the mad one wrote:
wazit_blade wrote:
Malebolgia the mad one wrote:Resident Evil Survivor, quite possibly one of the worst RE games ever to be put on PS1.
First off the gameplay is slow-paced and boring, the gameplay is boring, "Gee, I'm the games main charicter, Ark Thompson. I just woke up and realized that I have amnesia. Now I have figure out who I am and what I am up against. Gee gang, looks like we have another mystery to solve."
And the graphics look horrible, even for an old PS game. The game isn't scary, nor does it even come close to being even remotely frightening. As for sound, you have crappy voice acting that sounds just as bad as it did in the first RE. With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.

Shit.... you just reminded me of it. Just when I thought I can escape form my memories

I suppose you will have to hide in a corner until the bad memories go away?

If it does, then yes

Postby Asis » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Hahahaha! RE: Survivor: A classic. The most easy and boring game I've ever played.

Postby BunFace McGee » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Zelda The Wand of Gamelon: a hand me down fro my older brother so I didn't buy it, but Link's cheerful disposition haunts me to this day.
The careers teacher told me I had a clear choice: if I didn't end up going to university I'd end up robbing post offices.

Postby Grey » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:01 pm

BunFace McGee wrote:Zelda The Wand of Gamelon: a hand me down fro my older brother so I didn't buy it, but Link's cheerful disposition haunts me to this day.
"Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Malebolgia the mad one wrote:With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.

Reminiscent of Barry from the original RE? Gotta love some of the things he says.

"Jill why don't you go down there by yourself and check it out. I have a rope here."

"Here Jill take this lockpick you're the master of picking locks"

"You almost turned into a Jill Sandwhich!"

"I found a weapon, a POWERFUL weapon." (Yet it was just ammo)
Marquis de Soth

Postby Teran » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:04 am

BunFace McGee wrote:Zelda The Wand of Gamelon: a hand me down fro my older brother so I didn't buy it, but Link's cheerful disposition haunts me to this day.

:shock: Man, this thread is called "Games we regret buying", not "Games that makes you kill yourself". Hmmm, never played it, though, watched some videos on Youtube, and it looks awful.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Jingle Males » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:47 pm

I think we all know that Zelda: Wand of Gaymelon sucks major Rhino dick, it just eats up you GB and screws your computer up so bad that defragmenting is useless. I'm sure all of the remaining Zelda cartridges will soon be buried in Alamogordo, New Mexico, so that E.T will have a friend.
Youre Gold. Act like it
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wazit » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:47 am

Lord Soth wrote:
Malebolgia the mad one wrote:With such quotable quotes as ''This is me! It Can't Be! I am Vincent!'' You'll be on the floor laughing.

Reminiscent of Barry from the original RE? Gotta love some of the things he says.

"Jill why don't you go down there by yourself and check it out. I have a rope here."

"Here Jill take this lockpick you're the master of picking locks"

"You almost turned into a Jill Sandwhich!"

"I found a weapon, a POWERFUL weapon." (Yet it was just ammo)

It's still a great game :)

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:56 am

It's still a classic Slothie, don't be dissin on the classics.
Youre Gold. Act like it
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:10 am

Oh, WWF Crush Hour. My brother buys us a tonne of games so I can't complain because 90% are great games. This one sucked. Badly.

Might also mention that I can't stand wrestling. Period.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby narutodesu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:30 am

Whats wrong with wrestling? 2 shirtless guys in speedos rubbing up against each other. Whats not to like?

Postby Wazit » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 am

Hmm, I wonder.... being smashed by a sledgehammer hundreds of times while not dying

Postby Archrival » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:38 am

Maakasu Kasaga wrote:well i have alot of games, i do regret getting Oblivion ,and genji 2, spiderman. that is it ( PS3 games anyway)

Oblivion I also regretted as it took me 50 attempts to do one quest.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Yoshi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:45 pm

I also guess you regret ever playing Morrowind?
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Kaj » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:16 pm

I regret buying Phantasy Star Universe. PSO was pretty good because of the offline multiplayer mode and the exploitable dupe and multi-weapon tricks, but Universe just sucked.

Postby Flama the foxangel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox and PS3
and Mario Party 8.

Postby FallenAngel17 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm

i regret buying tak and the staff of dreams -.-
ImageImage

Postby Teran » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:35 pm

Batman Forever (SNES): A huge piece of crap. The game was almost impossible to beat. Didn't liked that game.

Postby Jingle Males » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:36 pm

teran4ever wrote:Batman Forever (SNES): A huge piece of crap. The game was almost impossible to beat. Didn't liked that game.

I couldn't even beat the first level. -_-' The controls are frustrating and the level/s/ are confusing as hell.
Youre Gold. Act like it
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shoi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Danger Girls. That game was made of suckage. And a dungeon crawler by the name of The Nightmare of Druaga. I never finished that game. X3
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Jingle Males » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Beyblade for the PS1.

Presentation:
Some menus won't let you go back. Selecting some menu options require odd buttons You can't pause and then quit. Oh God, why can't you pause and then quit?

Graphics:
What happened to the rest of the polygons that the PSX can push? What happened to the colors? It's not the best system in the world, but I think it's faster than a TI-81.

Sound:
What? I can't hear you. My ears are bleeding, If you like the sound of fire alarms or nails across a chalkboard, this soundtrack will have you banging your head until it snaps off your neck.

Gameplay:
The pause screen is as fun as the game. Seriously. There's absolutely no fun in trying to make one top knock another out of an arena, regardless of what they call the top.

The only thing that is enjoyable about this game is what happens to it when you shove it in a microwave, it adds an additional minute of enjoyment.
Youre Gold. Act like it
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wazit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am

teran4ever wrote:Batman Forever (SNES): A huge piece of crap. The game was almost impossible to beat. Didn't liked that game.

Yeah, it's pure shit... Ninja Gaiden is also hard, but at least it's fun

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming