Bomb Bunker - Casual Chat Thread

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Bomb Bunker - Casual Chat Thread

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Not really sure where to drop this without creating an entire thread for it, but here goes.

I recently found a small (50~ MB) game on the internet available for download. It's called

Long Live the Queen

Contrary to its anime-esque and overall harmless presentation, the game has a very deep storyline that takes place during a Princess' fourteenth birthday. Her mother dies and she (Whether she likes it or not, whether she's prepared or not) is forced to take the throne.

The gameplay is a mixture of micro managing emotions, skills and macro managing big decisions that affect the kingdom as a whole. The game is a torrent of both trial and error and living with your mistakes at the same time, a game I've never seen its like before.

The gameplay is set into 3 major parts. Beginning of the Week, End of the Week and Week Recap. You need to play out every week from your 14th birthday to your 15th birthday, where you are legally an adult and the true queen of your kingdom. From matters political, matters physical and matters intellectual, the queen takes classes to learn about things like history of her kingdom (and her enemies' kingdoms), courtly manners and of course, self defense.

Based on your own peoples' opinion of you, how well you handle foreign affairs and how you treat the world in general, you may come into contact with assassins, both direct and indirect. Poisons, Longbow Snipers and hamfisted swordsman that take advantage of any weakness. One last thing to mention is the Importent (Yet sometimes useless, depending on how you play) element of the game's core story: Magic. Become a mage or hunt all mages down, it's your choice. Doubt is probably the most dangerous thing you can encounter in this game.

I've been playing this game for three days, seemingly non-stop. I've put ALL of my other games on hold just for this game and I don't regret it. I've yet to even find half of what this game has to hold. So yeah, this is me squealing about a new game I found. It's really really good. 8)
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 pm

You could've given us a link. How did you select your decisions like the tyrant you secretly are.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:32 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:You could've given us a link.
Ah, a biter so soon. A link? Well, if you have a torrent uploader like Bittorrent or Utorrent, you can get it right off the Pirate Bay, like I did.

I'm not sure how other people feel about Piracy, so I'll just say to go to the Pirate Bay and look it up. Not sure if direct links to torrenting websites are against he rules here, but they are on the rest of the internet so I'll just give vagued indirect instructions instead of an actual link. Yet if you want to go legit, you can go here Other sites may have other offers.

You can look gameplay up online if you want, I'm just one guy.

Edit: Also it's apparently on steam.
TheMadDoctor wrote: How did you select your decisions like the tyrant you secretly are.
Are you asking how I played the game? Well, "Very Carefully" was the name of the game when I first got it.

Xenophobia may end up saving your life some day.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:53 pm

1. I hate the disruption of economy.
2. You're both sick, and brilliant.
Not Space Jesus

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming