Kickstarter is awesome. Krest Is Not (BR'S THREAD)

Arizona Telephone Directory - Illegal Business Operations

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Kickstarter is awesome.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm

you don't really get it. you don't understand that they don't just pay their own salaries, but they pay for a workspace, which is expensive for any length of time, they pay for all the resources required to accomplish exactly what they need to make the game in the form of the machines and systems to make the game

I mean, they are literally forming an entire company, not just a game, you little numbskull.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Two separate localization teams. Two legal departments. MULTIPLE contacts within the industry to allow for them to get licensing.
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 pm

I am finding it amazingly cheap of them to have made the game with only one million dollars, you entitled little idiot who doesn't understand what economics means.
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 pm

OMG I CAN MAKE A GAME ON RPG MAKER WHY CAN'T THESE GUYS LOL
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 pm

FRRRRTTT watch me make a video game FRRRRRTTT
BR

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 pm

BeeAre wrote:you don't really get it. you don't understand that they don't just pay their own salaries, but they pay for a workspace, which is expensive for any length of time, they pay for all the resources required to accomplish exactly what they need to make the game in the form of the machines and systems to make the game

I mean, they are literally forming an entire company, not just a game, you little numbskull.

Then I have to ask - what kind of place are they renting? A ***** hotel? And just how expensive are their resources? How much of that was NECESSARY?

I mean, hell, what happens if the game busts on the market?
Last edited by Krest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Krest wrote:
BeeAre wrote:you don't really get it. you don't understand that they don't just pay their own salaries, but they pay for a workspace, which is expensive for any length of time, they pay for all the resources required to accomplish exactly what they need to make the game in the form of the machines and systems to make the game

Then I have to ask - what kind of place are they renting? A ***** hotel? And just how expensive are their resources? How much of that was NECESSARY?

I mean, hell, what happens if the game busts on the market?

then the game busts. but considering that they convinced people through a pitch to donate for what they believed for what was needed AT MINIMUM TO MAKE THE GAME, NOT AT MAXIMUM

i doubt that they won't recoup the losses in copies sold, they'll just have pissed off donators who will make sure no other game they want to make ever gets made through the internet.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 pm

are you seriously asking me "HOW COME THEY ASKED THIS MUCH TO MAKE A VIDEO GAME?"
BR

Postby Brax4 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Krest wrote:It's like making the original Sonic the Hedgehog playable on current generation consoles. It happened but it was stupid.

Whoa bro, sorry read this and have to comment on it. Games aren't all about graphics, they're about fun. It's amazing to relive the moments of the past with the original game. It's not always great when they add better and fancier graphics, and at times can take away from the nostalgia.

As for just porting old games to new consoles, it's not dumb, it's brilliant. It allows people who can't access older consoles, or people who have never played the games because they're too young, to play and enjoy those games.

Think before you speak.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

a bit of estimation from Thomas: if you give 10 people $8 per hour, 5 days a week for 1 year. That's $153600

That's ten people at barely above the minimum wage in the USA, which is demonstrably difficult to subsist on. And this is comically low as an assumption.

If they more likely hired four times that number, that's 600000 dollars without paying for like say office space or computers.
BR

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 pm

BeeAre wrote:I am finding it amazingly cheap of them to have made the game with only one million dollars, you entitled little idiot who doesn't understand what economics means.

If I was "entitled" I'd think it completely reasonable since $2M would be the cost of my yearly closet expenses. I'm not entitled - and I've seen people in the same economic situation as me create a game (even through kickstarter) stopping the thing at 50K because that was way, way, WAY over what they needed to make the game.

--

Uh, how many hours do they work each day?

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Krest wrote:I mean, hell, what happens if the game busts on the market?

Like.
That's a very strange question.
Why do anything cause it might fail?

First of all, you can buy the game by funding it.
And the fact that they made more than 900'000 is prof that people want the game.
The game does not have to make any more money than what they get from the KS, cause that payed for the shit they needed.
When you fund and get the game, you bought it.
And if they reach the goal, they have made the money they needed to make it, so it does not matter if it "flops".
Cause it made enough money to be made in the first place.

Krest wrote:Then I have to ask - what kind of place are they renting? A ***** hotel? And just how expensive are their resources? How much of that was NECESSARY?

you mean rent a place for several people for at least two years, and also pay the people working on it, tools/software, etc.

I can tell you that as someone who owns my own company by making websites, it costs a lot to keep it up.
I bought a winrar license
Thomas

Power level: 57'000
Origin story: ?

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:03 pm

A COMPANY. NOT JUST A VIDEO GAME.

anything over 40 hours (8 hours each day) requires overtime pay in the United States at 150% earning rate.

Some people have the ability to work for peanuts. They are making the video game by making the COMPANY to make it. Jesus, dude. Are you not paying attention to what is at stake here? Some people have the ability to work for extremely cheap sums because they don't need the game to subsist on.

You are being obtuse in a very large way.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 pm

You are also being pretty fucking entitled by not understanding how much effort it actually takes to make something.

WHY CAN'T THEY DO IT? SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW HARD IT IS. IT DOESN'T LOOK THAT HARD. IT SHOULDN'T COST THAT MUCH!

you haven't done it, and you don't know enough to realize it does, but you are making a bold claim that you KNOW it shouldn't cost that much because other people have managed to do it for cheaper... and also didn't have to buy workspace or hire the number of employees these guys are just from the fucking video on the kickstarter which you probably didn't watch because you made an uninformed decision about them. :L
BR

Postby Exodis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Wow, "Krest vs. Thomas and BR".
This is very interesting.
Also, I'm agreeing with Tom and BR all the way. Video games need time and a lot of money to make to not only create the game, but to suite the people making it. I mean, it's not like they're all making it in an employee's mom's basement. They need the best enviroment to creat a game to fullfill the cries of many fans who supported them.
Last edited by Exodis on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Thomas wrote:

And the fact that they made more than 900'000 is prof that people want the game.
The game does not have to make any more money than what they get from the KS, cause that payed for the shit they needed.
And if they reach the goal, they have made the money they needed to make it, so it does not matter if it "flops".

Oh, I didn't see that. If they're getting the game by funding it then the costs no longer seem as excessive.

Yeah, but BR said that they're making a complete company too - if it's successful enough, they'd want to make more games. So it does matter. But yeah, I get what you mean.

--

@BR Ah no, I was just calling out how your calculations showed them working 24 hr/d. I found that funny - especially since it meant your total was complete BS.

And please don't triple-quadruple+++ post on the thread.

Postby Exodis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Krest wrote:And please don't triple-quadruple+++ post on the thread.
Krest, this is Spam.
It's Freedom of Speech with a kick of adrenaline in here.
Everyone can post how many posts they want.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Krest wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Oh, I didn't see that. If they're getting the game by funding it then the costs no longer seem as excessive.

Yeah, but BR said that they're making a complete company too - if it's successful enough, they'd want to make more games. So it does matter. But yeah, I get what you mean.

--

@BR Ah no, I was just calling out how your calculations showed them working 24 hr/d. I found that funny - especially since it meant your total was complete BS.

And please don't triple-quadruple+++ post on the thread.

did you fucking tell me that i can't quadruple post if i fucking want to?
BR

is this spam?
BR

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Randori wrote:
Krest wrote:And please don't triple-quadruple+++ post on the thread.
Krest, this is Spam.
It's Freedom of Speech with a kick of adrenaline in here.

It's still against the rules and it's on MY thread. I love BR but that's no excuse to keep freezing people's ability to post replies because of the rapid-fire replies x.x

LIKE JUST NOW
Last edited by Krest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

am i the administrator who MADE THE FUCKING RULES FOR SPAM?
BR

IS IT EXACTLY THE EXCUSE TO FREEZE YOUR REPLIES?
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

IS IT LITERALLY MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT?
BR

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

IT IS NOW!
BR