Switch to full style
A Free And Independent Scotland.
Topic locked

Kickstarter is awesome. Krest Is Not (BR'S THREAD)

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Most of the time I see a link to kickstarter, it's for very small projects. I figured that KS was just a site for indie stuff. Then I saw this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/123 ... genie-hero

@#&&#^&$&!!!

It's over 200K already! I've never seen anything like this on KS before!

Kickstarter is awesome.

Re: Kickstarter is awesome.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 am

bro do you even kickstarter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:19 am

I think he's simply expressing his love to kickstarter by giving an example and why it's awesome.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 am

*loud sarcastic whisper*I don't think BR is actually asking him if he uses kickstarter. I think he's parodying "do you even lift, bro". Maybe*loud sarcastic whisper*

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 am

¿... que?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 am

Do you even understand, bro

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 am

Sorry, I'm pretty drowsy from homework.
We were talking about kicking storks? kidding

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 am

Randori wrote:Sorry, I'm pretty drowsy from homework.
We were talking about kicking storks? kidding

Do you even Randori, suckah?!

But yeah. Kickstarter <3

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 am

200K and only 23 more days left? Screw that!

This game needs more love.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:46 am

Oh boy time for scamstarter.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Steam's Greenlight is pretty awesome as well

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 pm

i mean. skullgirls was way more successful than this on its kickstarter :L

this is not surprising or odd that kickstarter is successful :L

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm

you faggots ain't seen shit.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... ighty-no-9

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:17 pm

No one f*king needs $2 million to make a game, much less a sidescroller - I don't care how much it resembles Megaman.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Krest wrote:No one f*king needs $2 million to make a game, much less a sidescroller - I don't care how much it resembles Megaman.

they do if they want to port it to the consoles and the next gen consoles

or do you not understand how licensing works.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm

BeeAre wrote:
Krest wrote:No one f*king needs $2 million to make a game, much less a sidescroller - I don't care how much it resembles Megaman.

they do if they want to port it to the consoles and the next gen consoles

or do you not understand how licensing works.

It's a sidescrolling game. They don't need to put it on a PS4. They ARE doing that - but it's retarded.

It's like making the original Sonic the Hedgehog playable on current generation consoles. It happened but it was stupid.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm

o_o no it wasn't. why is that stupid? they didn't make anybody pay huge amounts of money for it. :X

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm

BeeAre wrote:o_o no it wasn't. why is that stupid? they didn't make anybody pay huge amounts of money for it. :X

If they were going to do that, they should have redone the games in current generation style. I don't care how much they charged for it - they just resold the game on current consoles. Everyone and their dad has already rom'd those games no problem on the PC.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:45 pm

clearly not everyone did as the virtual console on the Wii is generally considered one of the better features available on the system. the current generation is not always what people want to play.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm

CALL OF DUTY

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Just a question, how much do you think it costs to develop a new game for several platforms?
With a staff of 9-11 people who work day after day on something?
Not only to add to the fact that kickstarter takes a portion of the totally money gained, how much money do you think they need to pull this off?
Also, have you ever made a game?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 pm

also do you know how to program at all and please show me your credentials krest this will be on the exam

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I myself am kinda interested in Mighty No. 9. I've been playing Mega Man X again, so I'm sorta in the mood for this.

Asmodai wrote:Steam's Greenlight is pretty awesome as well

I'm very excited for this. Timesplitters: Future Perfect was my favorite FPS of all time.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Thomas wrote:
Krest wrote:Not only to add to the fact that kickstarter takes a portion of the totally money gained, how much money do you think they need to pull this off?

$900,000 - which is the total needed that they listed on the page. I understand that making extra features would cost more... But over $3M total if they add extras? No.

I'd say OK to 900K for salaries and rights - but not facilities. People have managed to make games at about that level from their basements with maybe 1K.

Yet these guys are already over double the amount they needed.
Last edited by Krest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Havoc wrote:I myself am kinda interested in Mighty No. 9. I've been playing Mega Man X again, so I'm sorta in the mood for this.

I very seriously will try to have money available to support Mighty No. 9. HD graphics on classical Mega Man is hella tyte.

Also: WOW, Krest, you really don't understand how much it costs, that's incredible.
Topic locked