"Jump from springs and bounce off bumpers as if you're in a real pinball machine." ~ Sega
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 pm
I have an idea for a thread: simply put, post quotes from anything nerdy that would be plausible as a principle. Doesn't matter if it's obvious. Just have fun.
- All quotes should be in separate posts. Meaning one quote per post, to make feel like the 10 Commandments. Your quote can come from anything. Books, laws, the Bible, Anime, Manga, Comic Books, etc. The reason why I included laws and the Bible is because of some things especially anime and manga using some elements from these things, like X/1999 and Serial Experiments Lain for example.
- Keep it sophisticated. No funny quotes. Also make sure it actually sounds like a principle. (So a quote like this: "I am not the one at fault, the world is." doesn't count. Oh and cite the quote as well; this quote comes from Lelouch from Code Geass. Make sure that's under the quote in parentheses.)
- Quote should be one sentence only. Not a long explanation. (So Alphonse's Explanation here: "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy’s first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth." Is also unacceptable as well.)
- As a follow up to the above, keep it short, plain and simple, not a long sentence. (So this part of Edward's explanation "You can’t gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." is unacceptable.)
- No quotes in First Person.
- Lastly, the title of this thread is tentative and is in need of something that sounds better. Give me suggestions in parentheses as well.)
- EDIT: The template for posts in this thread should look like this:
Post Template wrote:"quote from the person, law, principle, etc."
- source of the quote
(Parentheses. This is here so that you can chat with other people while contributing.)
Ready to begin? Then let's do this.
Last edited by Wulfespinndel
on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 pm
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
- Assassin's Creed
(Here is an example. And as you can see this is what you'll look like when talking. Meaning the parentheses part here of this post.)
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:27 pm
"Fight to live, live to fight.
(How about "Short but Sweet Principles"?)
Last edited by Sigment
on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm
"With great power comes great responsibiility."
- The Amazing Spider-Man
(I'll think about it. Need more suggestions though. Nice quote by the way. Can you edit it and put it in italics though? I forgot to mention that. Oh, and before posting suggestions guys, make sure you have a quote with your post. ANY quote, just make sure it meets the guidelines above. I want to make sure the thread maintains a consistent flow.)
Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:25 pm
"Live long and prosper."
-The Vulcans, Star Trek
Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 pm
- Daniel Bryan
Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 am
"What a horrible night to have a curse..."
Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:59 pm
"Offer one hand, arm the other."
-Grunt, Mass Effect 2
Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:13 am
"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world; there is only the inevitable."
(No Randori that's not what I mean. It has to be a quote that can be very fitting as something we can follow as a principle. Thankfully we can edit posts, isn't that what it's for?)
Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 am
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
(Well it kinda does... okay, it doesn't. But it sounds cool, though! D:)
Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 pm
"The past is history, the future is mystery ,but today is a gift - that's why is called "the present"."
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 pm
"The only easy day was yesterday."
- Navy SEALs Motto, also a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Mission
(No, that works Randori, you're right on track with that one. Really love your quote nox.)
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:18 am
"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
-Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy: Life, The Universe and Everything
Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm
"Nothing is perfect Courage, with imperfection you will and always get far, I assure it."
- Fish Courage the cowardly dog, episode Perfection
Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:10 pm
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things… The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things, and make them unimportant."
- The Doctor
Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm
Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:- No quotes in First Person.
"To forgive is never forgotten; to forget is never forgiven.
-A good friend of mine.
Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:57 am
“Today, tomorrow, yesterday and the future, take all of your tears, and turn them into a jewel.”
- Life is Showtime by Sho Kiryuin, theme of Kamen Rider Wizard
(No geek is ever complete without a word from great friends.)
Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:00 am
"When life turns its back on you, will you respond with tears or vengence?"
-Anonymous I created this quote!
Last edited by Exodis
on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:16 am
"Maybe somewhere out there, even a Devil May Cry when he loses a loved one."
-Lady, Devil May Cry 3
(Not sure if this works, but it's one of my favorite quotes ever.)
Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 am
"Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world."
--Yoshiya 'Joshua' Kiryu, The World Ends With You
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 am
Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 am
"Know thy enemy."
Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:40 am
"The world is small, nasty, and complicated, and everybody dies alone."
- Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:51 pm
"There is a secret world; everything is true."
- The Secret World: Everything Is True Trailer
(The Otaku Codes)
Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:38 pm
"Do or do not... there is no try."
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.