I feel unjustifiably annoying

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

I feel unjustifiably annoying

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 pm

There are moments here in which I don't feel welcome and I wish I could use this thread to figure out what I could improve upon other than not coming here at all. I already know that showing fanboyism in everything I love is a on my new year's resolution list, and the fact that it will roll down about half a mile.
F U Im evil

Re: I feel unjustifiably annoying

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 pm

i luv u bb <3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 pm

You're not THAT annoying. I mean, I think you were at one point, but I can't even begin to criticize that.

Find a niche on the site and fill it. I'm the fanfiction literature guy. That's my title and I'm sticking to it. In fact I think someone ended up calling me the King of Literature. Made me feel good. :D

How do you identify yourself here?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm

The Mad Doctor wrote:There are moments here in which I don't feel welcome and I wish I could use this thread to figure out what I could improve upon other than not coming here at all.

I feel the same way. I don't like to respond to threads anymore because I felt that whatever I say would end up being taken in a negative way. Unfortunately, this is still how it is.

I even felt that by abandoning my old username I could give myself a chance to change into something better than I was by not trying to say anything offensive and I ruined that chance. But as for you, I don't see it that way at all. You have gotten along well with the community, so what makes you feel that way?
"Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."
-Hippocrates

KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
No. of Combat Arms Unbelievables: 3
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

On a separate post, I am going to say that times have changed, and many of you who have been on longer than I have grown up so much that I don't even know if its possible anymore to actually get along. Not only that, I also believe you are all just too different to relate aside from the interest of video games. This community in a sense no longer feels special anymore.

I really mean it because there's nothing left I can learn from all of you even if there's this thread, the Therapy Thread, and other threads where you could learn something positive to benefit yourself. And also, that's all to it. I thought that at times where able to log into Snafu, we could just relax, screw around and...relax, nothing else to it. Are we so swept away by the harsh reality we live in that we cannot enjoy life as we used to be? In the end, we are just generations apart with different ages & different needs.

But don't feel bad, Doc. That really isn't who you are and in my eyes it never will be. You are a good person like everyone else, and there's still hope left for you and all of us here in the community.
"Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."
-Hippocrates

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Man, this would be a really bad time to ask: "who the fuck are you?"
F U Im evil

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Da faq
Most of the regulars are barely 5 years apart.

Also, that's (someshit I can't remember) Bellorosso. Had a blue avatar with a both like ballerina doll.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Oh, ok
F U Im evil

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Sorry, I forgot I changed my username.
-Hippocrates

Postby Sigment » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:24 am

Doc, I won't say you are never annoying. But the fact remains that you contribute to the forums in your own way. If I or anyone else have made you feel unwanted here, I apologize.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby EagleMan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 am

The Mad Doctor wrote:There are moments here in which I don't feel welcome and I wish I could use this thread to figure out what I could improve upon other than not coming here at all. I already know that showing fanboyism in everything I love is a on my new year's resolution list, and the fact that it will roll down about half a mile.

Just relax. I think most of the time people were trying to give you advice rather than trying to criticize you. It can be easy to mix up. It's not like you have to completely abandon who you are. Part of the deal when you interact with other people is that they won't always be 100% amenable to you.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:51 am

took too long and EM ninja'd me. Same thing though

The Mad Doctor wrote:There are moments here in which I don't feel welcome and I wish I could use this thread to figure out what I could improve upon other than not coming here at all.

Hmm. Relax.

What I mean is, don't take things to a serious level of offense so quickly or on a personal level where you feel like the ancestral honor of your family has been insulted. You don't have to be defensive about things or quick to take judgement on others. Just relax. Get to know people and find the area you fit the best.

Next, get out there. Try your hand at some art or writing a story and see what happens there. If you want to get to know people more or know more people, get in on the off site activities some of us do. There is a Ever After Section Skype chat, also a Snafu one.

EDIT: Though, I feel like I am in a similar boat to Doc and Wulfespinndel. Not exactly the same reasons, but similar dilemmas and considerations.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:50 am

Blood Lord wrote:EDIT: Though, I feel like I am in a similar boat to Doc and Wulfespinndel. Not exactly the same reasons, but similar dilemmas and considerations.
I would say that I know exactly what they are talking about, yet I'm curious as to what's eating you, Jack.

Care to share your mind?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Q.U. » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 am

If you want to be better received, first of all,

Wulfespinndel wrote:I really mean it because there's nothing left I can learn from all of you

Don't be like this guy.

He always has trouble fitting in, but not just because people grew to be tired of him, but because he tends to say stupid shit a lot of the time. Don't let people force you to change your opinions, be assertive. And yet, at the same time, don't be stuck in your opinions, be open to new things, but only if you feel the other person's words are convincing enough.
As for being liked, and people not criticizing your posts, first of all, avoid saying things that are demonstrably wrong (harder to do than you'd think), because you will be called out on them (and the more you defend yourself then the less people will think of you, especially if you've been proven wrong already). Though if what you're looking for is for other people to find you entertaining then you'll have to adjust your humour to theirs. Some people enjoy toilet humour, others like some deep pretentious sarcasm, BR loves meta-humour. You can't please everyone.

And most importantly, stop trying to be cool.
If you are cool, it will show naturally. If you aren't, and are still trying to look like you are, you will just piss people off by saying stupid (often edgy) bullshit that makes you sound like an angsty twat.

That's all I know on this subject, really. That and what EM said, don't take things too seriously. People will poke you here and there, and if you show them you're taking it to heart they will poke harder. That's just how it works.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Krest » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 am

Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Mir@k » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:48 pm

A good example of what not to do is the post above this one.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Seriously dude, if you haven't been banned, you're fine.

Don't worry about such trivial matters :P

Postby EagleMan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

great job krest your avatar got me fired at work

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Krest wrote:Seriously dude, if you haven't been banned, you're fine.

Don't worry about such trivial matters :P

No.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:41 pm

EagleMan wrote:great job krest your avatar got me fired at work
r u srs
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:12 pm

The sad thing is people can be annoying as fuck and not be banned until they break forum rules.
And if you're serious EM I'd say Krest needs a mod hammer shoved up his ass.
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:23 pm

uh, no.

no he doesn't.

there's more god damn panty shots in bleedman's shit than that little small picture.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:27 pm

if anything, and if eagleman was serious (which i sincerely doubt he was), eagle would be at fault since a) he'd have been browsing snafu in his work time and b) he'd had been a good enough dumbass to let his boss or whomever get close enough to squint his eyes at that tiny picture i mean lol srsly
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:28 pm

except i dont look at that because i know that

krest i can't support my family anymore are you happy

Postby Krest » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 pm

EagleMan wrote:are you happy

Seriously though, I do hope you're joking, otherwise we'd be seeing rage-filled posts, with a rage-filled avatar, and a rage-filled hiatus from you in which you drink away your sorrows.

Oh, wait... Tuor's the one that drinks, right...?

Next

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!