Damn thread

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Dream thread

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm

That's a big fat lie
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby EagleMan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah they know barely enough about sleeping and dreaming as it is, it's kind of silly to just say "nope it's not possible to do this in a dream".

Postby Fievel » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Pretty sure I've read things in my dreams before.
Offended.

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Aye, ditto.

Like I've said a bunch of times (pretty much every other time the subject of dreams has come up), I hardly ever remember my dreams, but I find it interesting that of the handful I do remember, none of them are nightmares.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 am

I can remember both my nightmare and my normal dreams pretty well, at least some of them I do. Even then a lot of bits and pieces are missing.

Unless I'm having a bizarre dream or a nightmare, some of my dreams are rather boring, like the ones where I'm simply hanging out with a friend of mine or playing the greatest video game ever made. I also had a dream where I found a really great novel in my closet. Nothing too interesting.

My nightmares are always more interesting.
Bark

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 am

I just had a dream where I got a girlfriend. Best dream I ever had.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I just had a dream where I got a girlfriend. Best dream I ever had.

What made you interested in her? Or was it just a hook up?
This too shall pass.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Actually one that I already had a crush on in real life. I am constantly frustrated at my inability to get a girl to even like me in the first place. Drives me mad.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:12 pm

You got lots of time, don't worry
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Actually one that I already had a crush on in real life. I am constantly frustrated at my inability to get a girl to even like me in the first place. Drives me mad.

I find myself too stubborn to express my feelings to a girl, let alone lazy these days. Since what happened three years ago with me and trying not think about crushes and what not I embrace the single life much more than before. Glad the nightmare was over; it was like an unfunny rape joke that was actually for real. Horrible feeling!
This too shall pass.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Often guys have problem with women, especially in early life, due to the crush issue. It's a terribly slow way to get women. You get a crush on a girl before you even go on a single date with her. So all the other potential girls pass by. But you might rationalize it as well, this girl is special, I want to be with her. But you can't possibly know what all the other girls are like that pass you by. At least the adult dating world doesn't work as much like this. You just date a few times, and if you don't like each other, it's no biggie as you weren't emotionally invested in each other, and you just move on to the next potential SO.

It's a ton of work to have to get a girl to like you before you even date her. I don't know where you're at in school Doctor but it might work better for you be a bit more casual. That doesn't mean you have to be less serious about relationships, it just means don't get emotionally invested in a girl you haven't even dated yet. You should try asking girls out earlier.

Rejection always sucks, but asking a girl out when you don't have a crush on her is much less worse than doing it when you have a crush on her.

Also note you need not ask her to be your girlfriend straight up, just ask to hang out or do something, and then after hanging out a few times, if there's clearly chemistry and she has no boyfriend, you can ask her out then. This strategy minimizes the risk of rejection and is also much more natural. If you ask some girl you don't really know to hang out, and she says no, you've lost nothing. If she says no to being your GF, well, you still shouldn't be too emotionally invested at that point, just interested in her. If she says no, you can just be her friend, and if she thinks you're cool (which she should if she's still hanging out with you) I'm sure she wouldn't mind introducing you to her friends if she's a good friend.

Too many people friendzone themselves. If you wait too long, it really can destroy the relationship if you ask her out and she doesn't feel that way. If you do it early on, both of you are able to get over it easily and remain friends, and then you're able to see if you like anyone among her friends.

Also on topic I feel like I had 40 dreams last night. I can barely remember any of them but I have tons of random snippets.

Postby Grey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 pm

i don't ever remember my dreams because i never fall asleep i just pass out
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby EagleMan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 am

your life is the dreams others have

Postby Glacial Expanse » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:36 am

...what does that mean Eagle?
This too shall pass.

Postby Grey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:59 am

it means i am the dreamweaver

my life is so ridiculous that the events that i live through become fodder for the dreams of others.

every story you guys have just told of things you've dreamt: i have experienced while conscious.

also what eagleman is saying about crushes is 100% trufax. you have to just go for it with chicks, before you spend all your time thinking about her and putting her on an emotional pedestal
Suave Brit

Postby Mathias » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

No wonder I've dreamed about you so many times.

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:39 am

I've had serveral suicide dreams recently. They were very plausible.

Ill share one of them eventually cuz I'm listening to a radio show right now.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 am

I once dreamt that I was able to leap into the atmosphere and fall down to earth with no problem, slowly crossing the globe until I fell near some old dilapidated castle where then my ability disappeared. Soon zombies were swarming me and I was actually terrified. But too my luck their undead queen (who looked like some beyond lovely succubi demoness from a rock album cover) took interest in me. Ended up having my way with her while the zombies were playing some sort of Tetris game with skulls and bones.

Have you ever had such an experience, Grey?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grey » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 am

that was a weird tuesday
Suave Brit

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:01 pm

I keep reading this thread as "Damn Thread", a thread in which you damn things.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 pm

This damn thread...

Re: Damn thread

Postby Q.U. » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Damn you for making this damn thread.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Eggnog » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:06 pm

This Image thread.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I really do not want this turned into a "damn" thread.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens