GRADUATION FUCKING FUCKTARDS

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: GRADUATION FUCKING FUCKTARDS

Postby Izanagi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:57 am

Being realistic here, once this new wave of high school graduates go to post-secondary school, they'll be drowned in student loans and debts by the time they're out, and it'll probably take a large portion of their adult life to pay them off.

But yeah, congrats on joining the adults.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 am

Another ray of sunshine~
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Izanagi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 am

And anyone expected me to be anything but?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 am

You know it's weird. I know careers are expensive, mine is not the exception, but despite my poverty i don't actually have any debts. I know it's another regional thing, but i don't understand why many of you end up like that.

I'm fairly sure you reality is shit, and exclusively yours.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:06 am

University in the US is expensive, Ethan was like $40,000 in debt or something.

'Course not, Warby, of course not
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 am

That's an insane amount of money, is what you're charged just to pay assistance?
How many hours are you required to spend a day on an university, you can't have a job? Do you have to forcefully stay at their local dorms? In reality i have no idea why your system is so expensive, i had a general idea that the reason it was so expensive was like the reason why macs are expensive (for the brand, so i'm referring to the school's name, image or notoriety).

Over here most universities are not equipped to serve as lodging or anything of the sort, so the cost is cut off extremely.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 am

I'm not 100% on how the US university system works, I think people do generally live on campus. I don't think there's anything that says you can't have a job, it can just be hard to juggle a job and school, and going home during break periods. I know you're required to take a certain amount of classes to qualify as a full time student.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 am

Warbear wrote:Being realistic here, once this new wave of high school graduates go to post-secondary school, they'll be drowned in student loans and debts by the time they're out, and it'll probably take a large portion of their adult life to pay them off.

Even if I took a class that helps me prepare for such things, I still feel like I haven't had a good learning experience with these. I won't be moving out or anything like that because I'll be attending Community College first. My parents say that once me and my brothers are done with that we'll move somewhere else.

My grades were shit to begin with and somehow my GPA went own every year. This is coming from a student that graduated from a high school that was awarded with the "Very Good School" award. I didn't think awards like that even existed...

EagleMan wrote:make wise decisions
are you sure

He said that when the other seniors were going to prom. It was funny even though there's a hint of seriousness to it.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby EagleMan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:07 am

Prices are high just because they can jack them up.

Federal student loans are guaranteed by the government and for practically nearly all reasons cannot be defaulted on. So universities let in as many students as possible, because it's free money to them. Because students basically get a few thousand grand from the government for free, most students are going to take that money for college. So colleges are going to jack up the tuition to somewhere above what that loan covers.

And that's just for a very basic government loan that everyone can get regardless of economic status. Most people can get more, so most universities charge more than that amount. Private colleges even more.

Most college students do have jobs, but they're to pay the bills, like food, gas and rent. No one's going to have a job that can pay for their schooling. You'd need to have a degree to get a job that pays that much.

Student debt in the U.S. right now is exploding and we'll likely have a generation crippled by debt getting degrees for jobs they may not even be able to get. It'll probably handicap the economy greatly in the next 20 years.

We're also paying more and more for less and less. I can't even get into classes I need to get in for next semester.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Who knew i would be benefitted somehow by living in this sack of shit country.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 am

i need to poop but i don't know if i should try and finish this sandwich first
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Hiryu » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:07 am

Here you don't get to have student debt. The moment that starts happening they notify you that you have like a month to pay it or you're outta college.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 am

i'm goin for it

i'm gonna finish this sandwich before the poop overwhelms me
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Hiryu wrote:Here you don't get to have student debt. The moment that starts happening they notify you that you have like a month to pay it or you're outta college.

They'll kick you out of school if you can't afford to pay the school, that's why the debt is so insane because of federal and in some cases state loans to pay the bulk and then there's the private loans to fill "gaps".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:19 pm

i finished my sandwich but after the last bite i had to run to the bathroom to do a shit because i'd been holdin that beast back
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby EagleMan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:04 pm

see a doctor grey

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!