A REAL SQUARE ENIX TITLE!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A REAL SQUARE ENIX TITLE!

Postby Hiryu » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:43 am

At least on Castlevania, Alucard is just a nickname. Adrian Vlad Tepes, gotta admit that was at least a bit smarter.
And I don't see why you guys are bothering yourselves with this argument. People that like KH are wearing the fabled nostalgia goggles.
The one true pairing of Snafu
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:50 am

I just don't question it or think low of them doing it. The reasoning behind it was a little cute, despite a little corny with how awkward it was.

Don't deny nostalgia is a big factor in a lot of this fandom, but it's not big enough of a thing to make it bad by itself as it goes on. Tetsuya Nomura is back in control since his getting distracted with other projects, so the time of the portable games being a bit iffy is hopefully over and things will get more focused.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Well we do have to remember it's a kid's game with a hardcore option centered around Disney Characters and cheesy dialogue.

A game that is all about learning lessons, friendship, HEART, etc.

Not to mention I found the whole x thing to be really creative. Call me slow, but I thought the X was just for show until Timeline pointed it out to me.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Warbear » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

You're slow.
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
Veteran of the Bear Wars

Postby Sable » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Nit picking about names seems a bit silly. The names really aren't that bad.
RacialslurX2

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:06 pm

They are. There is absolutely nothing wrong in pointing at fallacies and mediocrity.

Also off topic, but this is the second time i see someone trying to dismiss a conversation in the forum and i'd wish to ask you to shut the fuck up before it becomes a thing. You're not doing anything to provide any form or sort of conversation, so don't crap on the active ones.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sable » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:35 pm

You are right that there is nothing wrong with pointing out how silly they are, and you have a right to do so, but there are so many things wrong with this game that greatly outweigh the need to come up with better names.

While I agree that the naming scheme wasn't very clever, "add x to your name to make your nobody name etc", the names themselves aren't as bad as you'd make them out to be. It would also be with to take into consideration that "x" is pronounced differently in Japanese then English, for instance Larxene is pronounce Rakushīnu, so you could almost blame translation if you don't like how they sound.
RacialslurX2

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:31 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:There is one piece of information I've been wanting to know of for a long while. When all of Org XIII became human again, what happened to Larxene, Demyx and Marluxia? Where did they reappear?

When a person becomes whole again they reappear in the place where they lost their heart, that's why all the original members except Xehanort and Lea revived on Radiant Garden. So if their heartless was also destroyed then they should have appeared wherever that is or probably Traverse Town if their world hasn't gotten its heart back.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 am

Well since they all reappeared when they did and at that time Traverse Town was still asleep, abandoned of anything aside from Moogles, then where would they go after that? Also, along with that note there's been another question on my mind since Organization XIII first were explained to be Nobodies. What exactly were their Heartless? You'd think people with strong enough hearts to create sentient Nobodies their heartless, like Xehanort, would be superior to normal Heartless.

With this in mind, this would mean that Sora (or King Mickey) has already beaten all of the Organization's Heartless that are present so far since no one but a Keyblade wielder can free a heart properly instead of it just becoming a Heartless again. Does this mean various Heartless bosses you've fought up to now might have been these very Heartless that have now become one with their original self? If so, which one was who's?

And one more point about the Organization, Xigbar (formally Braig) had his space magic powers before he became a Nobody. Up to when BBB came out I thought becoming a Nobody gave them these elemental powers. So then these individuals had these powers all along. All that changed was they had no hearts. Slightly disappointing with how drastically a Heartless changes in power and dangerousness over their original self as first perceived.
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 am

I'm not really sure what's plan C for people if both their world and Traverse Town are unavailable, maybe just float in the void like Riku did for awhile.

About the Organization's heartless, they most likely were just ranged from weak to strong based on the individual. I always theorized that the reason why you haven't ran into any human-shaped heartless except Ansem was because for your heartless to be sentient you had to have a great affinity for darkness instead of a strong will like for nobodies. Sora turned into a mere shadow when he lost his heart. Xehanort pretty much breathed darkness for most of his life while Ansem's apprentices only had a couple of years with their experiments. Not to mention we have no idea about the lives of the others. I doubt we'll find out who's heartless was since it's not important plot-wise right now and there is just no way you can tell.

Yeah I thought they got their powers that way too. Oh well.

Postby Millo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm

And now we wait 5 years till its released. In any case i'm more excited for FF 15, finally some innovation in combat
Begone Dirty Whores!
QU:You look sad and frightened.

Postby Senel » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Game is fun.

Want more.

Less QTE though.

"I'M GOING TO SMACK THE LADY OFF OF YOUR DICK!"- BR
"Senel I had forgotten how gorgeous your face is." - Doctress
Praise the Sun

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 am

Thought I'd revive this thread due to new information from the man himself, Tetsuya Nomura.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-H ... w-Wow-3350
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:03 am

Hype. That's all I feel now.

I just realized Kingdom Hearts could become a longer running series the way Nomura keeps refering to the current plotline as simply as a saga. I wonder what's going to happen after Xehanort is beaten.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 am

I'd possibly like to see something with the Keyblade Wars be fleshed out, since it's still one of the biggest mysteries in the game's universe, described only in a simple tale. Like, wouldn't it be amazing to see the Keyblade Graveyard as an epic battlefield and witness how that crossroad of dead keyblades be made in real time?
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Kingdom Hearts X is going to take place during the Keyblade War but the pictures I've seen of it make me think it won't be a serious portrayal of it. Shame really.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:29 pm

That is a bit sad. But hopefully they will do a more serious one in the future. It's kinda weird that they'd put any already shown Disney characters in since the Keyblade Wars took place in a time long past from where the current games are.
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 am

An Optimist

Postby Hiryu » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:55 am

In for a penny, in for a pound.
The definition of fanfics and fanservice.
The one true pairing of Snafu
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 am

Still doubt it'll happen, but knowing Nomura asked about the Star Wars and Marvel IPs made me laugh.
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Pixar wouldn't be so hard though. Toy Story and Monsters Inc. in particular

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:02 am

A lot of Pixar titles could transfer over to the KH universe just as well, yes. Actually, just got a good idea of a use for the Monsters Inc. world. Like Santa traveling to all the worlds to deliver presents, all the doors at the movie's factory could have doors for multiple worlds, and Sully would act as a new Beast-like ally character.
An Optimist

Postby Exodis » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 am

Well new Disney/Pixar films did come out recently that will probably be in the KH Universe, such as Wreck-It Ralph, Brave, etc.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:06 am

I want a Wreck-It-Ralph level so much... Just think about it. You'd be playing a video game where you go into a movie about video games... It's just an amusing thought. But sadly there wouldn't be any of the other video game cameos most likely.
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I would rather see the now-dead heroes from the Incredibles in this game than Marvel characters. I'll make an exception for Spider-Man though. He's quite popular in Japan so he'll survive.

But damn, imagine if Disney still owned Power Rangers. Even if it won't happen (THANK GOD IT DIDN'T), basically, we'll have a Kingdom Hearts with Final Fantasy, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Power Rangers.

That's one fuckin' huge crossover.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!