A Game Thread About Irony Devolves Into Meta Irony

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: opposite thread

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 am

Also... what? Mir, you okay?
Last edited by BeeAre on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: see page 1
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:20 am

oh man i was expecting an interesting tale that post was so average lol 6/10
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:20 am

why wouldn't i be okay?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:24 am

@ Sef: They're just trying to get you to buy stuff. I don't really care about going in to Gamestop either for about the same reason you said. Always feel pressured into buying something, and I have to explain to them that I'm not a PC gamer or have a PS3. Then they start telling me how I'm missing off, and I tell them to fuck off.

Anyway, games. Best Buy.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 am

@ Mir: I was thinking you were wanting to post in a different thread or something with what you said.

And yeah, not the most interesting. But if you knew the guys I met there before... Man... We'd be hanging out there trying out a new game for "testing", having big tournaments, there being a fun little box of free stuff you could take since it was stuff the store couldn't sell, the people were interesting and fun to talk for a good hour with without pause. Now it's lackluster and uninteresting. A big disappointment.

As for Best Buy (which is right next door to them, lol) a bunch of games you could buy there are overpriced and the employees aren't all much more friendly.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

Shame. Mine is quite excellent.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 am

I still actually get together with some of the people who used to hang there or worked there for a game night. But it's gotten pretty rare getting together over this year.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 am

Tends to happen as people move on with their life.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 am

It's a shame but even if we do our best to keep a close circle of friends thing is that people themselves need to drift to directions of their own and more often than not that direction will not be the same as everyone else's
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 am

i mean just the other day one of the friends i hold dearest to me blatantly told us he's going to be changing his social circle soon, and while it hurts to know we'll be strangers to each other soon well, nothing that can be done about it
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 am

I feel like a lot of that is happening at once at the moment. Ever since the beginning of the year I've been having to confront this fact after it never actually coming up before. Everything was pretty set in place, then mother moved, friends drifted away, "ladies" in general, etcetera. Been a big year for me.

And I'm sorry to hear that Mir.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:41 am

It can be pretty messed up when that happens. I use to think such a thing would only occur in high school and at least not happen as much once I got out. Nope, not the case at all.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:And I'm sorry to hear that Mir.

Same. It sucks to loose a friend like that.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:44 am

you come to learn that it really doesn't matter much.
at least when it happened irl it didn't feel as bad because it had happened on the internet first, which was like a milder version of this
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:47 am

With high school... Eh. I didn't lose friends there, just enemies. Seriously, there is where I met the worst people I have ever known in my life. One of them had the whitest name I have ever heard. If I ever make a video game, I'm using it as a character's name and no one would be the wiser.

And I agree with that last point. You feel disappointed about this one person you loved to talk to not being there anymore, then you move on. You sort of have to.
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 am

yeah high school wasn't really as fun as jr high for me, that's where i made most of my current friends at, and i made absolutely no friends at university, making new friends at my gfs uni instead, the people in mine were so cold but it's kinda expected due to the career we're studying.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 am

I blame high school and middle school for beginning to break ties with one of the best friends I made in elementary school. Now I'm so bitter towards him...I hated being isolated from those I shared bonds with. It changes, twists, and bends yourself in bizarre ways that your personality goes beyond recognition, and then only a shell of who you once were remains.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:56 am

People change the most during puberty and we're not really far from having matured from that stage (some of us can be still considered to be in that stage) so things like that do happen a lot.

I remember the reason i chose the jr high i chose was because my "best friend" from primary school was going to attend that one (yeah, that was the only reason) and when i got there we had been placed in different classes and everytime i found him on the hallways he would act as if he didn't know me. And this is something that was done to me, but i clearly remember having done that very same thing to people i just didn't want to hang out with anymore. People change like that.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:58 am

I'm still best friends with someone I was close with in elementary school, 1st grade. Whenever we get together we have a fucking blast. He's just one of those guys I doubt I could ever lose as a bud.
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:01 am

When i meet with really old friends we usually play snes emulators..
To be honest i can't say i like doing that, lately i'd prefer if we did something that wasn't reminiscing like we were old people. I feel like i'm starting to do that with many of my friends, go somewhere, play emulators and reminisce about good games being old and new games being suck.

wtf
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:04 am

Mir@k wrote:I remember the reason i chose the jr high i chose was because my "best friend" from primary school was going to attend that one (yeah, that was the only reason) and when i got there we had been placed in different classes and everytime i found him on the hallways he would act as if he didn't know me. And this is something that was done to me, but i clearly remember having done that very same thing to people i just didn't want to hang out with anymore. People change like that.

Yes I can relate to this as well. The way classes were arranged for individuals(or the class periods as we know them), in middle and high school tends to change your social circle significantly.

I also agree with the video game situation here. Many of you play newer games and own them but I have absolutely NONE of those games, so I never saw value in Brutal Legend, Dishonored, or Far Cry 3. I look for replay value in video games these days.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:06 am

@ Mir: Oh, I have another friend like that. But instead of emulators, he keeps old consoles that he keeps running or repairs himself. He's a super retro guy that we visit sometimes, usually for his birthday and have a sleepover in his huge house playing games all night.
An Optimist

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:21 am

yeah but the thing is, these games are old for a reason. They're old and stupid and become boring quite fast because we only love them because we relate them to better times when we were younger and stupider and we actually fell down the pits in mario bros without being under the influence of heavy doses of alcohol and/or marihuana. Now we know these games from beggining to end and most of us were falling asleep by the third round of bomberman.

Sometimes we should focus on playing modern multiplayer games too not because of trying to let go of the past but because they're experiences that are more or less new and so the variety and novelty helps give something to talk about.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 am

Why don't you just... um... play things that are fun? It sounds so simple. If you get bored with something, pop something else in. Don't think about it too much.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:56 am

When it becomes sorta part of a tradition it can be hard to bring up the topic of changing it.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:00 am

Sounds simple if you're selfish and/or inconsiderate. Not only because it's tradition as tuor wisely said, but because i'm not the only one playing and majorities dictate what should be played.

That, and because it's not my wii.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables