Trials: A New Age Coliseum

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Trials: A New Age Coliseum

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

It just me, or are trials becoming very popular for news agencies? Casey Anthony, Jody Arias, the new OJ trial. Can't turn on the news without hearing about them, or seeing specials for them, or live video of them, or what not.
For the Greater Good

Re: Trials: A New Age Coliseum

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Trials seem to be a big thing for a couple years and then fall off. Then when a celebrity does something stupid or a white woman goes missing or kills someone they pay attention again.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brax4 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't really care much for major news networks, especially as of recently. After the rescue of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight, the news has not left them alone. After being scared and forced to stay inside for 10 years, they deserve to be able to walk the street without being rushed by the news.

I actually saw what looked like 25+ news teams stationed outside of their house, waiting for them to come out and try to get in their face for a statement. It's like, they just got out of captivity, and now they still can't go outside.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 am

NeoWarrior7 wrote:It just me, or are trials becoming very popular for news agencies? Casey Anthony, Jody Arias, the new OJ trial. Can't turn on the news without hearing about them, or seeing specials for them, or live video of them, or what not.

Eh, yeah the recent trial hubbub felt pretty fabricated.

The news isn't really the "news" anymore. What I mean by that is they're just going to cover extremely basic and easy to digest things. They will cover good vs evil stories. This woman is bad, and she must be in jail. This man is a horrible rapist, and he must be in jail, and we must cover everything possible to wring coverage out of all the victims and innocents.

Essentially, the news channels you get on your TV now are just soft-tabloid channels. You won't really be getting informed about anything worthwhile anymore. The media have kind of chosen to give up their role in American culture as something that matters.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 am

EagleMan wrote:Eh, yeah the recent trial hubbub felt pretty fabricated.

The news isn't really the "news" anymore.

This.

I really don't give a damn about any of these three trials. There are still some news sources that I care to listen to, but some such as "Good Morning America" that reports what happened on "Dancing with the Stars" that I cringe at.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!