Switch to full style
A Free And Independent Scotland.
Post a reply

I don't ask for much.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:35 am

But if you guys have any resources for game programming/design, would you be able to link me or simply tell me about it (if it's a thing I need an actual physical copy of). I've been thinking about getting into game design for a long time and I figure that the longer I put it off, the less of a chance there is that I'll get into it.

Re: I don't ask for much.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:40 am

You can read this. It helped me understand the fundamentals of game development and what you (and I) can do to get into that career. Hope this helps. Real glad someone else wants to acquire the same career as I do.

Sat May 11, 2013 2:39 am

If you're looking to practice making 3D models, you can try Blender. It's a free, open-source program, so it couldn't hurt to play around with it.

Be sure to look at the tutorials if you plan on using it, as the program can be confusing to use blindly.

Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 am

Give SDK a chance, its a mobile development platform thats really easy and fun to pick up on (assuming you know a bit of JavaScript/ActionScript). It's limited to 2D, 2.5D though, but on the bright side, it has an extensive physics engine build into it.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:23 am

Unity nigga.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Do you know Green Lava studios, I know the artist, if you I can tell him to help you or to give you tips

Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 pm

i can write your story and justify reasonably literally any game elements you deign to come up with depending on genre if you ever want to move beyond the simple mechanics of the game and want to incorporate a setting.
Post a reply