Anime series

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Anime series

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 am

Hey guys, so I've been making an anime about a character I created name Exodis. It's a crossover type anime where I bring in others animes (Bleach, Naruto), cartoons (Samurai Jack, KND), and video games (Legend of Zelda, Bioshock) into one, saving different universes from catastrophe and universal control from the series villian named Genesis.

Here's the twist... I kinda imagine all of it. I created it in my own mind, making episodes of the anime in my mind, making it like an actual anime series in my head. It's odd, I know, but it's so awesome... sucks how I'm the only person who can see it. :(

So, after all that, my question: Is this normal...? I can't stop imagining the series, and it's so cool but... I'm wondering if this is abnormal.
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Re: Anime series

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 am

Why should using your imagination be abnormal?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:42 am

It isn't, but I make my imaginary anime series as a constant thing, like a daily (imaginary) hobby. I stop the series when I'm busy, and continue it during my day dreams/free time. This series has been going on for half a year.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 am

I don't find anything weird about it. I think it's pretty cool that you have that much imagination
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 am

Oh wow, thanks... well this sucks, now I wish I can make this anime into reality.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 am

I used to do that when I was in middle school, up til senior year.

It's k, really. You should try and put it more to use in creating original stuff, though, seeing as you have a very potent imagination to do what you just described.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby EagleMan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 am

It's common for people to have unique fantasies of some type. Worldbuilding can be a fun exercise. Maybe you should try to flesh it out more, especially since things can fade from the mind. Storyboard it, draw concept imagery, write it out, whatever.

Obviously using characters from other worlds prevents you from doing certain things with it, but it's certainly not a bad thing unless you're preoccupied with it to the point your ability to function is impaired.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 am

i do that shit with puff most epic sometimes man

it's good to have a repository of knowledge for your imagination

the thing is, the more focused you can make it about new stories and new characters who you have to learn to love, the more powerful you will be as a storyteller

right now you're toying with things that aren't yours inherently.

this is not wrong of you to do, understand, but it is merely a step in the process of true creation.

these things you have are shadows on the wall. make creatures that cast shadows now, friend.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hiroko » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 am

Yeah, I really don't think it's weird. I'd imagine that it's pretty common, especially for people who have a thing for storytelling, even if it's just to themselves. My best friend and I did it all the time, coming up with stories together and continuing to build up on these imaginary stories for months or years even when they didn't really lead to anything other than our own amusement.
The Sentimental One

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 am

About my anime: the funny thing is I started my anime because of the PPGD. Exodis teleports to the PPGD universe and stuff ensues. Sooo... I guess Snafu brought this anime to life.
Last edited by Exodis on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am

Hiroko wrote:Yeah, I really don't think it's weird. I'd imagine that it's pretty common, especially for people who have a thing for storytelling, even if it's just to themselves. My best friend and I did it all the time, coming up with stories together and continuing to build up on these imaginary stories for months or years even when they didn't really lead to anything other than our own amusement.

Lol I did that with my lil bro, since...

Wow, I think before elementary, then it continued up to middle school.

Good memories. Stupid, but good.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am

Exodis wrote:now I wish I can make this anime into reality.

Currently on my bucket list. Since I want a career in game development, wonder if I can bring this idea up... excluding the cross overs, this can be a pretty cool thing.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby EagleMan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 am

I would encourage you to explore this as much as possible through whatever creative avenues you can. Even if eventually nothing bears out from it, you'll end up with a lot of skills from something you had fun doing.

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 am

Yarr
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 am

Listen to EM. That's good advice.

It's weird that this thread is remarkably positive.

I wonder how it would've been treated in the past.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Exodis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am

This thread's makin' me feel a bit emotional feel like tearing up. Thank you guys.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby EagleMan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 am

Creating original content is important but I do understand why it's so tempting to use other content. Mostly because they already exist, and people already have emotional connections to them. For instance, I can't just draw something and have it evoke the same thing a Big Daddy does. There's an entire game that goes into manufacturing the image and response a person has to a Big Daddy. Same with anime. It's hard to emotionally connect to a half-finished product. Plus other people can instantly connect with it too.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 am

Exodis wrote:About my anime: the funny thing is I started my anime because of the PPGD. Exodis teleports to the PPGD universe and stuff ensues. Sooo... I guess Snafu brought this anime to life.

I GOT A BIG PENIS *runs around wooting*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am

Hehehe.

Ah kid, you just gotta put that imagination to good use.

Don't let it die.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Nothing's abnormal about imagining.

It sounds like Kamen Rider Decade though, except it crosses over with other franchises to a greater extent. (Decade crossed over with Super Sentai and Metal Heroes Series, as well as other Shotaro Ishinomori works. Fourze also crossed over with Shin-Chan.)

Other than that, I've had that kind of feeling before since 5th grade. Problem is, I couldn't bring my imagination to life because of my lack of drawing skills. Fortunately, there are generators with an assortment of clothing and accessories than can help inspire and create. I use this to make characters that was once based upon myself, but not by my own physical likeness. Those characters grew from personal thoughts and feelings I've had being an anti-social, lone wolf-type high school student, leading me to being fascinated about other people's character. Also this administrator was fortunate enough to retain all the data it has because the items you see on the website were part of a social website based around people's interest in anime that has become defunct.

But enough of me; I'm very interested to see what Exodis looks like.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Guardian » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I imagine things like this frequently. Well, my own stuff at least.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 am

So, thanks to Rosso and his website recommendation, I was able to create my character... well, kinda.
http://dreamself.me/d/iEM0
Imagine Hellsing's Alucard and Trigun's Vash the Stampede duster outfit, with a few changes, with Black hair (with Dreamself's hair design), and a sword (like Dreamself) but with my symbol (see signature) on the top base of the sword hilt.
You don't have to, but I would like it if someone made a change or two, just to make it better.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mir@k » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:43 am

24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 am

._.?

The Universal Swordsman

Postby BeeAre » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:17 pm

polish ideas with merit you can define

otherwise you be polishin turds

(page end snypa)
BR

Next

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens