It was a good run.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm

I'll miss you THQ.

Re: It was a good run.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Wow.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Wait I just realized someone actually bought the Homeland License but no one went in for Darksiders.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

dang it, I want to play as the other horseman and see how the apocalyse plays out

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Can someone inform me what Koch Media's most known for?

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

They own Deep Silver, not besides Dead Island most of their stuff has been shit, but I do have hope that they're trying to put out better games.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

So what you're saying is they sold Saints Row to the people who made Dead Island, a game that I despise. That bodes well.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Sage got Warhammer... Not sure if like.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

But they sold Volition to Koch as well, so unless they are complete morons SR4 will be fine.

Actually, Warhammer 40K might revert back to Game Workshop depending on the contract they had. Right now South Park Studios is suing THQ to get all the assets for the Stick of Truth because of their contract.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I want Dawn of War 3, damnit.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Even the WWE license was snatched up. Now the weird part is that it was by Take2.

Also Warb, if I boycotted every publisher for releasing a game I don't like I'd be left with Valve.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

This is why I normally go indie anyway. :P

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Sadness. I've gotten a lot of respect for THQ. In the light of this, the humble bundle thing especially seems like a good-guy corporate move to get all their games out there, in case they'd be trapped in limbo after their closure. The development studios all seems in good hands (no EA or Activision on there), 'cept for the Darksiders guys, so I guess it's not too bad.

Good night sweet prince.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm just really hoping Blizzard takes Darksiders because they could get the artstyle down easy.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

They make good art, not so much other aspects

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

i wonde which franchises were lost of who lost their job :C

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Suddenly, Darksiders 3 is a dungeon-crawler.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Vegedus wrote:Sadness. I've gotten a lot of respect for THQ. In the light of this, the humble bundle thing especially seems like a good-guy corporate move to get all their games out there, in case they'd be trapped in limbo after their closure. The development studios all seems in good hands (no EA or Activision on there), 'cept for the Darksiders guys, so I guess it's not too bad.

Good night sweet prince.

Those studios are lucky when you think how many THQ had already shuttered.

I am surprised that none of the big guys jumped in on some of the bids.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

OH MY GOD NO.

THQ.

I never would've seen it coming.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Not sure if sarcasm or stupid.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Sarcasm, don't worry.

Mixed with genuine denial. I am sad to see THQ go, and I really didn't want to believe it's death was near.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I was hoping it wasn't near but with the bankruptcy announcement and then companies complaining about not being allowed to buy any property I knew they weren't going to survive in any recognizable form. I'm surprised WBIE didn't jump in on any properties.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Apparently the Bayonetta team wants Darksiders for cheap

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 pm

That sounds worse than fading off into the abyss. They work in similar genres but that doesn't mean that their ideology is similar.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:That sounds worse than fading off into the abyss. They work in similar genres but that doesn't mean that their ideology is similar.

I really dont want to see "Fury" Running around in a skin tight leather body suit. Her concept may show skimpy armor but looks way more badassed and somehow more practical than Bayonetta
Post a reply