I'd like to point out

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: I'd like to point out

Postby Q.U. » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 pm

More seriously though, the rules are put in place for two reasons, one is to prevent illegal content, and the other is to filter content that may be offensive and/or damaging to the forum's average userbase. And to be honest, good old vets, while respected, are not the one and only userbase here. We have newbies, and youngsters, so some things are just a no-no simply because of that. And it may be weird to some of you guys, but with such rules we have to account for many things. I imagine Soth had the best interest of the forum and quality of content in mind. While the general counterargument here is that "this is spam, no quality control here". But again, I find it difficult to care about the pun threads in any way. To me it was pretty much one of the most insignificant fads we've had here since the "I am offended" threads, and whether these threads exist or don't is so mighty unimportant to me that I cannot see myself actually taking a stand in this argument.

And for something so insignificant this sure did manage to make me type and awful lot. Which is a bit disappointing. I could even say "you got me".

Well played. I guess.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Calek » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 pm

What's the point in even making threads when we got the talk thread all ready to go?
Signature Under Construction

Postby Grey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm

I enter this domain with a silence, and so shall I leave with it silenced.

Pun threads are allowed. Do what the forum is named for if you hate them. Make them unreadable and stupid to pursue. Destroy their construction with zalgo text. MODERATORS CAN DO THIS TOO. No locking, no stopping the production of threads by any means other than social decisions, MODERATORS CAN ENTER YOUR THREADS AND TURN IT INTO SHIT IF THEY PLEASE. If they don't want to put forth the effort at being a dedicated thread-crusher, they can simply expound upon and encourage what the non-mods are allowed to do, said non-mods following my express command at the general displeasure of a thread - if not to simply outright ignore it is the better option - then you:

SPAM THEM.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!