I'd like to point out

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

I'd like to point out

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm

The joke in my thread was not a pun. So my thread has been wrongly locked.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Re: I'd like to point out

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:00 pm

I mean, for fuck's sake. We start getting some activity in this forum. Yeah, the jokes are outright terrible most of the time, but it's something. It's posting. It's turning those little images blue.

And then the pessimistic 'elder' members bitch about how 'IT'S NOT LIKE OLD TIMES WAAH' and then a mod bans puns. It's just. Wow. Just wow. You want there to be better quality posts in this damn forum? Then actually post more than bitching when things "aren't like they used to be".

Rant done.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 pm

the reason things aren't the way they used to be is because the people who actually gave this place life left or stopped posting as much because 'things aren't they way they used to be.' shut the fuck up. this place was never particularly great or funny or humourous. get your damn nostalgia goggles off, stop your bitching, and deal with what this place is now (which isn't terribly different from what it was, by the way)
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Exactly. As much as I miss DC, Steph, DDD, TTL, and all these other people, and how freakin' active this place was when I was a young lad, I don't care to focus on this. I like you people, I come here because I like talking to you people, and would miss you when it's gone. Yeah, I'll probably stay in contact with Tuor, like I always have, but there's definitely some of you I would never hear from again, and that is in some way, a scary thought. There's a dynamic with each and every member that I enjoy. Whether it be me making fun of Pwned way too much, or me hating on Hiryu and Hiryu taking it like the dirty Portuguese pigdog he is. It is something that I enjoy.

Oh whatever. I should get out of bed.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:11 pm

as much as we may miss the people that used to come around here, we have a tight-knit community here and that's not a bad thing. this place could be dead and gone and a lot of us would just not talk to each other again. for the most part, we're all friends here, or at least tolerate each other, so what's the use in complaining about how things were? i just don't get it, but it's massively annoying.
Slutty Angel

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Fuck man, we just need to get in the habit of talking about shit. Lots of posts go ignored.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:17 pm

I agree with crum.

Honestly, mods who dont even bother to post have no business dictating what content they want the forum to have, much less punish people for it in the spam forum Image    hey what happened to those times when you would berate new people for getting upset at people making threads about 'x' in spam with the eponymous phrase "it's spam, get over it" huh? those were less douchebag times werent they   , remember when ganon was a mod and wanted this place to have rules? no one was happy either.

all in all what upsets me of this isnt people saying how much this place is shit but rather the action of enforcing "stop the pun threds guis wahh" thing. stuff's thread about stopping it was good enough and it was stopping by itself when everyone started to agree, we didn't need someone comig and actually punishing people for it because this forum was supposed bto be about whatever the fuck you wanted it to be. read the forum's god damn tags you god damn wanks.

And also warbear's attitude is pretty fucking shit both for a moderator of the site and as a person as well about people having an attachment for this forum, because that, and people being whiny and annoying are two different things and slandering the first it's a fucked up thing to do. So fuck you. if it's going to be like that then you should do as soth does by doing us a favor and stop posting altogether. thanks in advance.

seriously, everyone in here was all up for improving the forum and were actually decently enthusiastic about it but then the people in charge start acting rather mean to said people without atually explaining what upsets them until everyone's angry at each other and someone gets a stupid unnecesary "official" warning. i'd wish br was healthier to come check this shit out and slap whoever needed a slapping. spam forum.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Mir@k wrote:And also warbear's attitude is pretty fucking shit both for a moderator of the site and as a person as well about people having an attachment for this forum, because that, and people being whiny and annoying are two different things and slandering the first it's a fucked up thing to do. So fuck you. if it's going to be like that then you should do as soth does by doing us a favor and stop posting altogether. thanks in advance.

i think you misinterpreted what i was trying to say, but that's alright.
Slutty Angel

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Dude Mirak, my friend gave me this thing called a "firecracker". It's an edible with around, if I recall correctly, .3 gram in it. It sounds delish.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Warbear wrote:
Mir@k wrote:And also warbear's attitude is pretty fucking shit both for a moderator of the site and as a person as well about people having an attachment for this forum, because that, and people being whiny and annoying are two different things and slandering the first it's a fucked up thing to do. So fuck you. if it's going to be like that then you should do as soth does by doing us a favor and stop posting altogether. thanks in advance.

i think you misinterpreted what i was trying to say, but that's alright.

unless you're talking about my posts in the other thread, then this is justified.
Slutty Angel

Postby Q.U. » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm

If you're desperate for content, whatever that content may be, just post a "random images thread". We already go through loads of mental gymnastics just to feel that the crap we post in the "post pictures that describe yourself" thread is anyhow relevant or in accordance to it's rules.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

i didn't misinterpret shit, you used a very rough yet clear language (and yes, the posts on the other threads). perhaps you were angry at the time, or whatever, but you did.

@crum: isn't that a wad of hash wrapped in dough with flavoring?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

High quality weed baked into nutella between two graham crackers. Sounds like it'll be delicious.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Q.U. wrote:If you're desperate for content, whatever that content may be, just post a "random images thread". We already go through loads of mental gymnastics just to feel that the crap we post in the "post pictures that describe yourself" thread is anyhow relevant or in accordance to it's rules.
i dislike the idea of having threads that enforce you to post a kind of content there and only there. it's retarded. why can't people just take spam for what it is and let people post a thread for every different letter in the alphabet if they so want? as long as it doesn't really become a bother for everyone as it did on the case of the pun threads, then it should not be a problem.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Mir@k wrote:i didn't misinterpret shit, you used a very rough yet clear language (and yes, the posts on the other threads). perhaps you were angry at the time, or whatever, but you did.

maybe i just view the forum differently than you guys do. don't get me wrong, i love this place, but there's not really anything to improve. i don't mean that in a 'this place is shit and isn't worth saving' way, but rather a 'i don't entirely see a problem with how things are' way. the issue with Spam, and Snafu in general, isn't even the post content. there's nothing to "try harder" at. no matter what we post here, it's only going to entice people to join the forum a few rare times. what's going to entice people to join this forum is quality content on the actual website and that's nothing that we on the forums can do anything about.
Slutty Angel

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 pm

DaCrum wrote:High quality weed baked into nutella between two graham crackers. Sounds like it'll be delicious.
ohhh that does sound quite nice and easy to make, i should make some tonight
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Warbear wrote:
Mir@k wrote:i didn't misinterpret shit, you used a very rough yet clear language (and yes, the posts on the other threads). perhaps you were angry at the time, or whatever, but you did.

maybe i just view the forum differently than you guys do. don't get me wrong, i love this place, but there's not really anything to improve. i don't mean that in a 'this place is shit and isn't worth saving' way, but rather a 'i don't entirely see a problem with how things are' way. the issue with Spam, and Snafu in general, isn't even the post content. there's nothing to "try harder" at. no matter what we post here, it's only going to entice people to join the forum a few rare times. what's going to entice people to join this forum is quality content on the actual website and that's nothing that we on the forums can do anything about.
explain to me how all of this shit you're saying right now and saying shit like "this forum isn't that great get a life you fucking faggots" is somehow similar? Image
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Perhaps it was all a matter of misinterpretation then. Let's not start going at each other's throats with no good reason.

Mirak: Yeah, all you do is get a graham cracker, break it in half so you get two squares, spread nutella heavy on both crackers, then put the weed in the center, covering it with nutella to make sure you can't see any when the two are put together. Then wrap it tightly in foil and bake it for... I think it was 300ºF for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

30 minutes? At 300°? Image
Something tells me they're going to burn. And why foil? Idk the only things i have baked only required flour. :C
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Mir@k wrote:
Warbear wrote:

explain to me how all of this shit you're saying right now and saying shit like "this forum isn't that great get a life you fucking faggots" is somehow similar? Image

sure, the way i worded it was rough, but honestly, how much do you think you guys can do from here? you may have high hopes for the forum to become a booming utopia for all internet boys and girls, but can't you guys just calm down and see this forum for what it is? there's nothing wrong with it. you're all so wrapped up in improving the forum for no god damn reason that you don't see that the forum is good enough as it is. i mean, yeah, it needed new security and a new theme, but that's all it needed and that's all that it will ever need. stop being so concerned with the forum and start being more concerned with the people. christ.
Slutty Angel

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 pm

and that's not just directed at you, Mir.
Slutty Angel

Postby Q.U. » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Mir@k wrote:
Q.U. wrote:If you're desperate for content, whatever that content may be, just post a "random images thread". We already go through loads of mental gymnastics just to feel that the crap we post in the "post pictures that describe yourself" thread is anyhow relevant or in accordance to it's rules.
i dislike the idea of having threads that enforce you to post a kind of content there and only there. it's retarded. why can't people just take spam for what it is and let people post a thread for every different letter in the alphabet if they so want? as long as it doesn't really become a bother for everyone as it did on the case of the pun threads, then it should not be a problem.

To be honest I'm not bothered by random posts placed in random threads. Other than having to click the "mark forum read" button more often if the thread moves fast. But in this case we're going into the field of rights of a user. And while we can agree that "this is spam", some rules apply to all sections. The thread I mentioned was made by Riz, and in the first post she defined the "rules" of "her" thread. We all know these are purely based on "gentleman's agreement" not to "trespass" another user's attempts at creating a specific thread. Occasionally it is also enforced by some mods. But hey, Fummo's thread has rules to it, and Fummo decides on the rules, so the same principle applies across the board. If you want a random thread, and you don't specify that you explicitly want/don't want something in your thread then it is by all means fair game for everyone. But if you want to make a specific thread without random people "ruining it" then I think we should have at least as much common decency to allow people to request some certain rules or limitations in their own threads.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Quit missing the point, i'm calling you out on stop having such a shit attitude, it's demoralizing less because your name is blue and more because it's shit. If you want to communicate your message then be fucking civil about it like you're doing so right now and don't just kick everyone in a spot you don't know if may or may not hurt because it's fucking disrespectful. That's all.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

understood, chief.
Slutty Angel

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Q.U. wrote:To be honest I'm not bothered by random posts placed in random threads. Other than having to click the "mark forum read" button more often if the thread moves fast.
Well then all of the current mods should make an agreement on what is right and what is wrong, because i still remember the warning that was issued to me about having asked hiryu an off topic question in the "what does the avatar above you remind you of" thread.
Q.U. wrote:But in this case we're going into the field of rights of a user. And while we can agree that "this is spam", some rules apply to all sections. The thread I mentioned was made by Riz, and in the first post she defined the "rules" of "her" thread. We all know these are purely based on "gentleman's agreement" not to "trespass" another user's attempts at creating a specific thread. Occasionally it is also enforced by some mods. But hey, Fummo's thread has rules to it, and Fummo decides on the rules, so the same principle applies across the board. If you want a random thread, and you don't specify that you explicitly want/don't want something in your thread then it is by all means fair game for everyone. But if you want to make a specific thread without random people "ruining it" then I think we should have at least as much common decency to allow people to request some certain rules or limitations in their own threads.
yeah, everything you said works on the premise of rules existing in people's own threads, and i don't disagree with that. I mean forum rules (that apply to all threads in spam) that should not exist like say this one. Because as i said in my previous post, it was already stopping once everyone expressed disagreement on the thread that let everyone know it was enough, there was no need to use unnecesary threats or stablish rules that would arguably punish users for making a pun thread in say five days from today. I'm sure you know what i mean, i'm just trying to say that i dislike the prospect of the additions to the "spam rules" thread adding up again. Let's trust in people realizing when enough is enough without actually punishing anyone or making threats about it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens