Snafu betting parlor: Most Likable Mod

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Most Likable Mod

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Putting my only 2 internets from one of the previous betting rounds on Grey.

Last day to bet, so here it is. It's gonna be close, that's for sure. In the event of a tie, do I get my internets back?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Valhallen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Sir Soulchild wrote:20 bln all around.
Twenty blunts for the mods in the poll? How generous.

In the event of a tie, the people who bet on a tie win full payout, people who bet on individual members who tied for first get 1/n payout, where n is the number of people tied.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm expecting all of the votes to explode into one candidate at the last possible moment. Oh wait...

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Valhallen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm

100 Internets on Q.U.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm

This is bullshit.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Wait, are we really considering QU?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Serious question Val.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Valhallen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 pm

It's possible that someone could have social-engineered that shift without actual cheating. I'd say legit unless Thomas wants to weigh in, since it's his poll, or unless there's any actual evidence of shenanigans.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Then i politely take down my bets. Bullshit betting is not my thing.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm

I would say the same, but so long as the election doesn't really matter in the first place, I don't feel too cross about losing two fictional internet currencies. In my eyes, third place out of five is a refund. I'll keep my two bargaining chips for later.

Bird oft Error

Postby Valhallen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Well, it was mentioned how the setup was pretty much asking for funny business, but we wouldn't want to mar the reputation of Internet betting. I'll post a decision on that and the final results after Thomas gets back to me. Everyone has until then to make their views known on the matter.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 pm

i can see from here that i'm going to be the only one who has a problem with this so w/e
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm

It's pretty ridiculous, this is some faggotry
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 pm

No Mir, you aren't the only one that has a problem with this. I do too, looks like Tuor, Hiryu, and Mathias does too.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Izanagi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 am

i honestly think people should calm down because this poll never really meant anything? i mean, fuck, it started off as a joke in the mod chat and it's not really something any of has have taken seriously (at least that's my point of view) and the betting of a few fictional internets doesn't mean jackshit. even if QU does win, it's going to be very obvious that HE'S not the most likeable mod so his votes should either be nullified or the poll should just be taken down and lost to the abyss.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 am

I thought people taking this seriously were being second generation Ironic... is this really something to be taken seriously for better or worse?

I mean... it's a mod popularity contest. There was NO integrity to begin with.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:18 am

I'm offended
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 am

Warbear wrote:i honestly think people should calm down because this poll never really meant anything? i mean, fuck, it started off as a joke in the mod chat and it's not really something any of has have taken seriously (at least that's my point of view) and the betting of a few fictional internets doesn't mean jackshit. even if QU does win, it's going to be very obvious that HE'S not the most likeable mod so his votes should either be nullified or the poll should just be taken down and lost to the abyss.

Sore loser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34Dz ... page#t=20s
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Izanagi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:11 am

if you honestly think that this isn't someone rigging it and that it's people honestly voting for someone they didn't vote for within two weeks of the polls being open, and that this point of view is simply because i lost a vote that i never expected to win, you're either disillusioned or you sucked so much dick that you don't want anyone to know about it.
Wild Card

Postby Q.U. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 am

And I bet you hate democracy too!!
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Izanagi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 am

yes. i'm secretly a fascist. don't tell anyone.
Wild Card

Postby Mathias » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 am

Postby Valhallen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am

It looks like (statements, logs, and such) that the upset was the result of a sneaky plot by Q.U. to convince people to vote for him on the last day. This seems to have been unrelated to the betting. So what to do about the betting? IMO the nature of the situation should have prompted people to bet with unusual activities in mind, but since this the first such round of bets, I suppose some leniency is due. Therefore, in a one-time-only offer, the people who would have bet correctly without the late surge for Q.U. can retract their spoiled bet retroactively. Since Tuor was the first runner up, and there was not a tie for second place, though second and third place were separated by a point, Mir@k and DaCrum may retract their bets for Tuor, and Rough Giraffe may retract his bet on the margin of victory. Given Mir@k's statement, his bet for Tuor has been retracted.

Anyway, total bets and results for this extra-shady-looking round:

The Pool: Who wins the poll - 10,477 Internets
  • Tuor: DaCrum 15
  • Q.U.: Valhallen 100
  • Grey: DaCrum 10, Grey 10,000, Birdofterror 2
  • Tie: Mir@k 150, Zelosse 150, DaCrum 50

Lonely bet:
  • The margin of victory will be one point: Rough Giraffe 101

Since I was the only one to take advantage of the simultaneous deadlines, I cleaned up rather nicely.

This post will be updated if DaCrum and/or Rough Giraffe decide to retract their bets, or if Mir@k decides to reinstate his given the ruling (deadline is 24 hours from this post).

Postby Yog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am

I didn't think it was going to be taken seriously in the first place.

I mean, all the mods are liked by different people.

Having a popularity contest just results in what seems like a jab at the other mods besides the winner.

I mean, in all honesty, there's no prize, no recognition, or anything really.

So why care all that much?

And the poll was weird. I wanted to vote for Tuor AND Warbear, but that wasn't possible, so I just didn't vote.

If you guys are actually truly taking the internet seriously, than get your shit straight.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 am

See, this is why i say whatever. People are way too stupid to grasp why pulling stuff like this is dumb even in jest projects and instead opt for the "i'm so cool cuz im a grownup that knows you shouldn't care" path.

SO READ ON, BOYS AND GIRLS, BUT BE WARY THAT CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME ONCE YOU HIGHLIGHT THIS SHIT.

Yes, if you play tag with other three kids then you should know it is a game and therefore should not be taken seriously. But if three of the kids are getting into the game, and one of them suddenly decides to change the rules of the game, some of the kids are going to be upset because they were actually having fun playing the game as it was supposed to be played.

So what you *don't* do, is bring the parent to the playground to tell him about the kid that's playing by his own rules and have him hand him down an ice cream and tell everybody else that they should shut up and that he doesn't care. That's bad parenting in my humble opinion (and i'm sincerely wonder what was the lesson to be learned here, or what the message was supposed to be. Was this project supposed to enrich the community, or fragment it further? was it an advance april fools sort of thing? did i confuse the whole thing with an attempt to liven up the community? I'm sincerely confused because if it was meant to lighten up moods and make people have fun then i don't think it was very succesful, but then again i'm probably giving people too much credit assuming this meant something instead of it all being a spam forum thread that got globalized for the el oh els). Again, i'm alone on this, but I'm just a bit frustrated that people here can be so shit. But then again it' probably me being the weird foreigner, must be an american thing, that someone acts like a douchebag and everyone else is expected to laugh in good nature. Image   

ahh, i feel better now and can pretend i don't care like everyone else. you guys still suck big smelly sweaty penis with such gusto that admirance is truly deserved though
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!