And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Hiryu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:They were supposed to announce it Thursday at the big practice, I guess they wanted to start selling those Jerseys ahead of time.
I'm sure a lot of people really needed that motivation.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Mir@k wrote:My gf just texted me. The message said "my ipad has been stolen". Her phone is sending me straight to voice mail and messages arent sending. Why me

oh dang
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 pm

I have discovered Bobby Lou's twitter and it's hilarious. Also, in Canucks news David Booth is now out 4-6 weeks.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 pm

What a pain in the groin.

Ya, Luongo's twitter is pretty good. At one point press was hungry for pics of him if he was at the airport at all, and so he tweeted a pic of himself at the airport hahah
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Halo 4 multiplayer stresses the shit outta me a lot. I was telling Tuor about this, but I just lost a CTF game even though I had 100 more points than the 1st player on the other team. And I wasn't even on first on my team, there was a guy with 50 more points than me. But I was the only person on my team with ANY time carrying the flag. It was like "Oh are you fucking kidding me."
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh online multiplayer play, always with so much promise, but so frequently infuriating.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 pm

disappointed on the split screen for the game though. For a game thats main selling pint is its Multiplayer they really screwed over Local Coop
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 pm

It felt alright when I was playing it with my friend. What was your complaint?
Escape will make me God.

Postby Millo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm

The line seperating each players screen is too thin and the Video becomes Standard Def for no apparent reason.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Who's left for center in Vancouver, one of the Sedins and Manny?

FPS have encouraged too much of the fuck you guys winning and getting a bonus, I'm just gonna worry about my K-D.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Huh. I didn't think it became standard definition on mine, but I definitely remember some weird textural glitches on mine.

Whatis: Yeah, but what about us that don't have to worry about our ratios?! What are we to do!
Escape will make me God.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Booth didn't play center for the Canucks, he was playing right wing most of the time, on the second line. Their first choice centers were Henrik 1st line, Kesler 2nd, Lapierre 3rd, Manny 4th, usually.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Starcraft 2 is one of the most stressful games I have ever played
Signature Under Construction

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm

From what I was hearing earlier today they were going to try and slot Booth in at 2nd line center until Kessler came back because of all the positions I think they are thinnest at center.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Wierd, I have never heard that, both Andrew Ebbet and Jordan Schroeder have been competing for the second line center spot in camp
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Dude, I tried with Starcraft 2, but sometimes it was just too frustrating because other players are that good. And it wasn't as fun in custom games as, say, WC3 or WCX.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Ya, I'm way too intimidated to even try starcraft
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm

The more you play the more your background rank will stabilize and be matched against other players of your skill level. There's tons of videos out there to learn how to play, it's quite fun once you get the hang of it

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Tuor wrote:Wierd, I have never heard that, both Andrew Ebbet and Jordan Schroeder have been competing for the second line center spot in camp

Maybe I was getting some bad information but jeez that 2nd line is looking thin.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

They say the same thing about chess, and I still don't care to learn the game.
Escape will make me God.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Chess is great

Whatis6times9 wrote:
Tuor wrote:Wierd, I have never heard that, both Andrew Ebbet and Jordan Schroeder have been competing for the second line center spot in camp

Maybe I was getting some bad information but jeez that 2nd line is looking thin.

Yup, real thin.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Luongo for Bozak and some picks. Though rumor is that Toronto is kicking the tires on Jonathan Bernier for Frattin or Franson.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm

I dunno, Calek, I just feel like the learning curve is too steep.

Ya, really comes down to who they can get for Luongo now. I don't think they have the depth in the AHL to fill the gaps. Frankly, I'd be happy to see the nucks fail, though. Anyhow, now I have to start picking my fantasy pool.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm

How many guys are in the pool?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Depends on how you approach the game, if you go in completely blind refusing to look anything up it'll be quite the hill to climb. But there's step by step instructions for the strategies of all the races and the potential match ups. The game will also never pit you against someone that is out of your league (figuratively). Say you're in the bronze league, and you have absolutely no idea what you're doing, chances are you'll be playing against someone who doesn't know what he's doing either. But you learn simple builds, learn how to establish a proper economy quickly, and learn how to just spend your resources you'll get better and eventually start facing people in the silver league. Beat a lot of silver league players and you get promoted. There's thousands and thousands of people playing in the lower leagues, it's not until you reach Diamond or Masters where it starts to thin out.

You also get the chance to watch replays of your games to learn from. As far as learning the game goes, it's not that hard and that's coming from someone who didn't even understand the concept of playing an RTS a year ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens