And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:04 am

Whatis6times9 wrote:
Tuor wrote:Wow, seriously? I find that kinda surprising

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Rogers and CBC have some big 12 year deal in place. Any time I see McKenzie with a rumor he's usually right.

That *is* true. Wow. TSN had my favourite panel set up, they had a lot of former players and there between period bits were pretty cool, especially lately with actually having the analysts re-create some plays/demonstrate where things went wrong. The CBC intermission stuff is pretty boring.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18400
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 am

EagleMan wrote:A good deal of Californians do move to Texas.

Pfffffffffffffft! Oh gosh, I got a good laugh from this. Really? Because the other day we had a guy come in who had just moved over here from Texas. We told him he made a mistake.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 am

He's saying a good deal of people who live in California, like have lived there a long time/were born there or whatever, wind up moving to California
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18400
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Exodis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:45 am

I doubt I'm ever going to move. California is gonna be my home state till... who knows when.
If I get the chance to live in another state/country I do love, however...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby EagleMan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:50 am

Tuor wrote:He's saying a good deal of people who live in California, like have lived there a long time/were born there or whatever, wind up moving to California

You probably meant Texas in the latter there, and I think he's just laughing and enjoying that fact. Since 2005 183 Californians have moved to Texas for every 100 that came to California from Texas.

And yeah Randori, most people are born and die in the same area. Most people never even leave their own home country. Unless you're in Europe with its silly old Schengen Area.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Exodis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:53 am

EagleMan wrote:And yeah Randori, most people are born and die in the same area. Most people never even leave their own home country. Unless you're in Europe with its silly old Schengen Area.

And by "never leave their own country" you mean never travel to a different country?
Trust me, I'm gonna travel occasionally by the time I'm old enough set sail on my own or with companions.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:59 am

I really don't want to stay in California all my life. It's nice, and most of my family and friends are here, but where I want to go in life will most likely demand relocation. And I'm okay with that. It'd be lovely to branch out and live where my family has never ventured. Most likely I'd want to move to either Japan or Europe. Japan for business reasons and Europe for some chance for adventure.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 am

I dunno if I'd want to move to Japan, but it's a pretty nifty place to visit. I think in my dream of dreams I wind up living somewhere in Europe for a while, curating a museum or something. I want to travel so much more, but I'm so lucky to have traveled as much as I have.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18400
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby EagleMan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 am

Randori wrote:
EagleMan wrote:And yeah Randori, most people are born and die in the same area. Most people never even leave their own home country. Unless you're in Europe with its silly old Schengen Area.

And by "never leave their own country" you mean never travel to a different country?
Trust me, I'm gonna travel occasionally by the time I'm old enough set sail on my own or with companions.

Yep, just simple travel. Most people want to travel at some point. Most never do. It's just a dream that gets perpetually put off by current obligations - I have a girlfriend, I have a semester of school, I have this internship, I have bla bla bla. That's why there's a bit of a stereotype of travelers/backpackers/etc. as lacking responsibility, because that's what enables them to wander and travel in the first place. In America it definitely becomes harder once you're in your career given the business culture of not being able to take vacation days, where we're the only country that doesn't guarantee paid vacation, and even most people who have vacation days opt not to use it because the culture's against you doing that. Heaven forbid you get enough time to take a real vacation somewhere like Europe. Don't even get started on how kids will factor in.

At any rate, if you don't end up traveling in the next few years, you probably won't do it until you're retired. Keep that in mind and use it as incentive to get it together. You say by the time you're "old enough" - you're old enough now, and you'll quickly be too old. You should seriously look into what you can do for next summer, unless you need to work in which case do that for the summer then put that money towards traveling either that semester (taking that one off), or traveling next summer.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:19 am

Ya, guys, do it pretty soon. Plan for it now, the planning can take some time. Get an idea of how long you'll have off and where you want to go, and figure out what you can realistically see in that time. Do it between end of high school and start of college/university, or else the next summer, before you have to be taking lots of classes and whatnot
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18400
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:20 am

Most likely any time I go to Japan it'll either be for a vacation or down the line for business. Living there is really only a young dream I've had since I was in grade school.

Really need to get that thing called a degree rolling... *sighs*
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4043
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Exodis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 am

Well I am traveling to Mexico this December-January so it's a start.
And by "old enough" I mean when I get enough money to even take the trip. I will travel one day to Japan or Europe, I fucking guarantee that.

Also, in some unrelated news (and some odd ones), I've been having lots of Game Grumps dreams. They make me confused and a little sad...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Tuor wrote:
Whatis6times9 wrote:
Tuor wrote:Wow, seriously? I find that kinda surprising

Bob McKenzie is reporting that Rogers and CBC have some big 12 year deal in place. Any time I see McKenzie with a rumor he's usually right.

That *is* true. Wow. TSN had my favourite panel set up, they had a lot of former players and there between period bits were pretty cool, especially lately with actually having the analysts re-create some plays/demonstrate where things went wrong. The CBC intermission stuff is pretty boring.

It's mostly Don Cherry complaining about visors and russians.

Shit, the US doesn't even have guaranteed sick time or maternity leave. The other problem for trying to take vacation is that a lot of employers only hire the bare minimum of employees to keep up profit margins.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mathias » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Goddammit, I keep deleting this "ScorpionSaver" add-on even from the registry, but every time I reset my laptop, it reappears and randomly closes my browser. >:(
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11850
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 pm

hit it with a hammer
Signature Under Construction
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5233
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:46 am
Location: Goliath City
Gender: None specified

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 pm

A wild Ca-
*Gets smacked in the face with a hammer*
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5191
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Millo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm

I uh don't really know what to feel right now. I think i should probably feel sad or something to that effect but i can't.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5191
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Millo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:12 pm

I've just been having a really shitty day.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Q.U. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:14 pm

I've been having a shitty... 3 months.

Everything is due. Nothing is done.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3243
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Millo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:37 pm

I can't even feel sad anymore. I feel so numb it sucks
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Listen to random music. It helps me cheer up.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5191
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Millo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:51 pm

That actually makes me feel worse to be honest.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Listen to daft punk.

Blighttown is easy
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:28 pm

So the girl you liked is maybe going away. I'd like not to be a dick but so what, you're going to let that insignificant shitty fact ruin your life? I thought i told you before but the future is ALWAYS going to be pitch black, so enjoy the present, because that is all you have. The phrase "there's lot's of fish in the sea" is there for a very good reason, moreso now that we are actually overcrowding our only planet- so don't cheer up, because no amounts of "cheer up" posts we give you is going to do shit but do the contrary. What you CAN do is distract yourself and this forum is realy not the place to do that. Go outside. Go play bowling or pool or go run or go swimming or go lie down in a dirt patch somewhere and dowse yourself in freezing water so you'll have a reason to come back home and snuggle between some warm blankets. You'll realize you're not going to fucking die.

We came to this world alone, and we will leave it alone.

In other news my brain cortex part thing where memory is located is slowly degenerating, which means i'll lose a few things out of my memory. Soon i won't be able to remember many things about my past and there is nothing that i can do because the hospitals are too crowded and we have no money to pay for a particular doctor, so i'll have to wait three months to get treatment to stop the degeneration. In the meantime i'm planning to write up a book of memoirs from everything i can remember from the day i consciously began retaining stuff, to try to keep at least a bit of who i was. Needless to say this doesn't feel good, but i've been through too much shit already, i don't even feel a thing.

How are you guys.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Mad Doctor and 10 guests