And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Ya, the goaltending actually seems solid, but the d-zone game of the rest of the players seems to be lacking, agreed. Plus, missing that big, nasty, physical d-man, I think
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mathias » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Tuor, I read your message to Ethan and am amused to see Michael Myers beneath it. He's such a polite murderer.

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Oh my gosh, hahaha
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Tuor wrote:Ya, the goaltending actually seems solid, but the d-zone game of the rest of the players seems to be lacking, agreed. Plus, missing that big, nasty, physical d-man, I think

They have 3-4 really good hitters who can be physical, I think the system just wasn't allowing it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Hmm, interesting, hockey forum I go to guys have been saying they're missing them d-man who can/will really clear the crease
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 pm

I think Coburn, Schenn and Grossmann can fill that role, I think the bad in zone coverage and the bad breakouts it's just left the d on for longer shifts and pulls them out of place.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Schenn seems like he should be able to for sure. I've seen him play the most, because Maple Leafs CBC relationship, haha.

Ya, I mean, I've been happy with my Baby Schenn pick, but that Giroux pick is letting me down.

No hope that berube will be able to fix the break out/team mentality?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 pm

The system needs to be simplified and they need to read the neutral zone better, spreading the play width wise would help.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 pm

I see, I see. Well, just from who berube is, I'd expect his plan to be more straightforward, so fingers crossed.

I'm pretty happy with how the 3 teams I kinda pull for have started, although I don't necessarily expect it to last, haha.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 am

LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Exodis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 am

MarshMaleo wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/30/star-wars-lightsabers-invented
Please be for real

What? So then you're arm would end up like Anakin's?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Exodis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 am

I WAS THERE!
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Asmodai » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 am

I'M GLAD I WASN'T THERE!
Mephobiac

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:09 am

IT COULD BE WORSE: IT COULD BE JUSTIN BEIBER
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Exodis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am

Asmodai wrote:I'M GLAD I WASN'T THERE!

GOOD BECAUSE THERE WAS A LOOOOOT OF MOSH PITTING, WEED SMOKING, AND SWEAT!
STILL AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE, THOUGH!

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:38 am

Moshpit at a rap show?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:54 am

It's because most of Odd Future's fans are white kids.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:59 am

Weird
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

I dunno, I've seen white kids try to mosh to every kind of music even things like rap or bands that don't play an appropriate tempo for moshing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I just don't get how you could even mosh to rap at all, makes no sense to me. Oh well
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 pm

After that statement of white kids trying to mosh to anything, I have to mosh to classical music now.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asinerta » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:49 pm

I like sleeping

Postby Hiryu » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Well, since we're being white people...
Let me gather my "posse" for that.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Tuor wrote:Moshpit at a rap show?

Yup. When the drop began, there was lots and lots of pushing and shit. Almost dropped my phone >.>'

The Kid

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

:unsure: It's so slow though, you can't mosh to that
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!