And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Wow, sounds like an awesome time, Mir! I'm pretty jealous, actually. We had a power outage here and I went to bed at like 10:30
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:50 pm

FUCKING REF!
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:56 pm

sup?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Quick whistle, waved off a goal.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Ah ya, that fun thing
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Last edited by Creppy Eggy on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Haha, oh man, that thread
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Guardian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Oh that thread. Fucking Cheesemore.

BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.

JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:04 pm

IF ONLY I WAS MORE ACTIVE BACK IN 2010. GODDAMNIT!

Also, I wonder if anyone will get my user title.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Guardian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Is your pokemon freezing or something?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Freezing? Uhhh . I think it's a dead Haunter.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:25 pm

a dead ghost? what?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I got the sprite from here.
So it's not dead, but a more evil, darker Haunter... huh.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Louis wrote:Im going to assume Sefrol meant a party that a majority of his friends attended? and he was with them for most of the party, or he knew the host and a few people there and no one minded him being there with them

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Most of the time it's when we have someone who's going to/getting stuff for a party that I know coming through the store right when I'm about to get off, ask if I could join, then buy something for the party to show I'm able to contribute something.

Last time it was a pool/movie party and got to watch a home made horror film while catching up with an old friend and meeting new people who were either the friendliest people in the world or I was very interesting that day.

Also, despite my social standings here on the forums to a handful of people, I can be an interesting person to talk to shockingly. Most likely it's my confidence in talking to people I don't know without worry that attracts positive reactions at parties.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Just put 3 of the beers from my beer club sample box into the drink fridge, anticipation time
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 pm

What are they?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:52 pm

American Brewing's "Flying Monkey Dogfight Pale Ale" 5.7%, Brasserie de la Senne's "Zinne Bir" (so it's an ale) 6%, and MOA's Blanc Evolution (witbier) 6.2%
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:09 am

The wit intrigues me the most.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:12 am

Uses local ingredients, interesting. It's from New Zealand. Well, I guess I might as well start with it then
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:15 am

Interesting bottle, the cork is like a champagne bottle

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:17 am

Anyone here know anything about red wines or the like? Not much of a wine drinker myself, but soon I'm going to be visiting some family who are more wine drinkers than anything and wanted to know some good starters to get into and maybe bring as a gift.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 am

I don't recommend buying wine unless you have an idea, especially as to their tastes.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:21 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Anyone here know anything about red wines or the like? Not much of a wine drinker myself, but soon I'm going to be visiting some family who are more wine drinkers than anything and wanted to know some good starters to get into and maybe bring as a gift.

See if you can remember anything about the wine you've seen them drink or talk about and then go to the liquor store and ask about good affordable ones of that type.

So this beer pours with no head, and it's quite bubbly.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:22 am

It almost tastes like a saison, quite rich and kinda make my mouth feel full. Not really my thing, but gotta finish it now.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:27 am

Never really had a saison, that and lambic is the two I haven't had experience with.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens