And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Hmm, interesting
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 pm

http://www.motorists.org/speed-limits/faq

I think some of the problem lies in states or municipalities that like to get the extra revenue off of ticketing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

So I got a pick six pack tonight. So far I'm batting 1 for 3.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Hmm, I expected better odds.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:43 pm

I dunno I have a russian imperial porter and some kind of oatmeal stout left and an octoberfest that I'm pretty sure will be good.

NORM MCDONALD's THEORY ON THE ENDING OF BREAKING BAD FUCKED ME UP.

Do not read this article if you have not seen the finale.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-the-breaking-bad-finale-all-just-a-fantasy-in-walter-whi   

I repeat do not read this article if you have not seen the finale.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Mmm, I loves me some imperial porters.

Going to read the article, brb
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Whoaaaaa
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:01 pm

The oatmeal stout was good. Nice roasty kinda coffee/chocolatey and good with cookies.

Sometimes looking past what the creator says is valid. The curtain here might be something more than a curtain.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I got invited to two parties, tonight and tomorrow.
For some reason i don't want to go haha.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Aww, now I have to change my avatar.

Just not feeling up to it?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Why did you change it what was wrong with it? D:
I'm not sure why i don't want to go. Something tells me i'll have fun and something tells me i don't want so much destruction.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh, I didn't realize your avatar rotates through different gifs. The gif that was showing was the same as the gif I was using for my avatar, so I though we had the same, but yours was better, so I switched.

Hmm, I see, and there will for sure be craziness at the parties?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:I dunno I have a russian imperial porter and some kind of oatmeal stout left and an octoberfest that I'm pretty sure will be good.

NORM MCDONALD's THEORY ON THE ENDING OF BREAKING BAD FUCKED ME UP.

Do not read this article if you have not seen the finale.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-the-breaking-bad-finale-all-just-a-fantasy-in-walter-whi   

I repeat do not read this article if you have not seen the finale.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby Mir@k » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Tuor wrote:Hmm, I see, and there will for sure be craziness at the parties?
i suppose there will be at least alcohol.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:48 pm

So the 4th beer was pretty fucking good.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Mir@k wrote:
Tuor wrote:Hmm, I see, and there will for sure be craziness at the parties?
i suppose there will be at least alcohol.

Well, naturally. What did you mean by destruction at the parties?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:So the 4th beer was pretty fucking good.

The Octoberfest of the imperial?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Spending the night at a place that is not my home, unable to wash my body properly if i sweat, physically and mentally uncomfortable from the alcohol, marihuana and/or lsd (if there's any).

Idk, i feel comfortable with wreacking my brain every month or so, but last lsd tab... Has it even been a month? Sure, i don't HAVE to ingest anything, but everyone else probably will be and if there is anything i know from being at parties is that it's never good to be the odd man.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 pm

I guess i just need other circle of friends that don't exclusively do hard stuff when partying.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Breakfast/oatmeal stout from Founders. Forgot I shared my thoughts on it.

So far I've had:
Hops'olutely(Triple IPA):ridiculously strong(11.5 ABV), a little to hoppy for my liking but definitely alright
Woodchuck fall cider(5 ABV):like a liquid apple pie
Duck-Rabbit Barley Wine(11 ABV):weaker hop profile, didn't quite like it
Founder's Breakfast Stout(8.3):fucking good if slightly astringent because of the oatmeal base
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Liquid apple pie in a good way or a bad way?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Bein the odd man is a tricky situation, I guess don't go if you don't think you're gonna have fun, since that's what going out's for
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm

In a good way, they added cinnamon and nutmeg during the brewing. It was nice to go along with the sweetness and crispness, but I know people who cinnamon in particular can be off putting.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Now I'm adding that to my list of beers to keep my eyes open for
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah, the Woodchuck and Breakfast stout were winners to me. I still have the imperial. I'm trying to sober up a bit before drinking it. Those beers tonight are about 8 normal beers worth of alcohol.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens