And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Fievel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:15 pm

That's just silly.
Offended.

Postby Hiryu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

That's all I got, folks.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:52 am

I started playing New Vegas the other day. I think I like Fallout 3 more, but I like some of the improvements that NV offers. Not a big fan of all the weapons and different mods and ammunition for each. I can also see why Warbear would say that "it definitely feels shorter." The entire landscape is wedged between two mountain chains. I tried to go straight to Jacobstown from Goodsprings, so I decided to climb over the mountains. I made it over effortlessly, but evidently I was not supposed to be able to since the whole landscape beyond was just rolling hills. I guess that's where the Divide is supposed to be. I couldn't get into the Jacobstown valley because of invisible walls.

Postby Mathias » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 am

Rockstar games don't seem to have nearly as many bugs as Bethesda games. I wonder what the difference is?

Postby Rival » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Grey wrote:

Ah yes, already saw it months ago, but still hilarious. Favorite part, claiming Stu Hart and Gene LeBell wrestled bears and "Imagine doing this to a Bear!" as well, but especially mentioning Gene given his finisher.

Doesn't beat best of Punk on commentary though, WARNING audio changes abruptly from loud to silent during intermission between clips, still very much worth a watch though.

Stanford: They're chanting your name!
Punk: Capacity crowd obviously as into this match as I am.

Also, serves as a reminder how much WWE improved in the last 3 years, it still has many issues, but compared to 2010, it's fantastic, 2010 was awful.

Very glad Bryan finally gets a huge push, supposedly because his shirts sell like hotcakes. Dude deserved it and the timing is perfect.

Worried about my favorite guy in WWE though, the booking seemed to suggest Dolph would get the belt back at Summerslam and his face turn seemed to get over well with the crowd, despite WWE writing horrible promos for him. But now it seems they want to transfer him into a feud with Langston which could kill his momentum.
Q.U. wrote:Image

Videos are originally from Nico Nico Douga. Edits of a transformation sequence (1st video) and the intro song (2nd video) from Doki Doki Precure.

Original (click at own risk, very girly and sugary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1QAbpbvS1k
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Exodis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Sonic+Sailor Moon=that.

... I miss Sailor Moon.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Hiryu » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:37 pm

ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm

JUSTICE LEAGUE
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Lets hope green lantern isn't in it. Unless they do much better with what they already did in his movie.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Mathias wrote:Rockstar games don't seem to have nearly as many bugs as Bethesda games. I wonder what the difference is?

The engine, the mission structure versus questing free for all, the Bethesda games also require knowing where every NPC is on the map, the Rockstar games only load what's within a set distance,a nd especially because almost every NPC can be interacted with in a Bethesda game.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiryu » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:30 pm

There you go, Justice League set for 2017. And Flash for 2016.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... mic-589521
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Any of y'all listen to dubstep? I'm looking for some recs
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Rival wrote:Also, serves as a reminder how much WWE improved in the last 3 years, it still has many issues, but compared to 2010, it's fantastic, 2010 was awful.

Very glad Bryan finally gets a huge push, supposedly because his shirts sell like hotcakes. Dude deserved it and the timing is perfect.

Worried about my favorite guy in WWE though, the booking seemed to suggest Dolph would get the belt back at Summerslam and his face turn seemed to get over well with the crowd, despite WWE writing horrible promos for him. But now it seems they want to transfer him into a feud with Langston which could kill his momentum.
the ziggler/del rio series has been fantastic. that double turn was beautifully executed. once this aj/langston feud is over i'm sure ziggler will return to the main event scene. maybe to feud with a just-cashed-in sandow.

but bryan. BRYAN.

he's legit the most over person on the roster. the crowd LOVES him. and he's challenging for the title at the ppv he made his PPV debut at, 3 years after he and cena tied for eliminations in the WWE vs nexus match.

bryan is king.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Brax4 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Tuor wrote:Any of y'all listen to dubstep? I'm looking for some recs

Not entirely a huge fan of the genre. But if you haven't heard anything by Klapex, they're alright.
I actually got into a few songs by them because of the Corridor Digital Dubstep Guns video on Youtube.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Just happened to check out a playlist on Songza and at the time I was in a mood where it was working for me
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm watching the soccer game and it's halftime mnd one of the commentary guys is wearing a pinstripe suit with a checkered shirt and a paisley tie. WHAT THE FUCK? WHO LET HIM ON AIR DRESSED LIKE THAT?!
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Don Cherry must be his stylist.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Even Don Cherry isn't that bad.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Brax4 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:11 pm

HEY GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!
I just reached 2001 posts, not bad for being around for 10 years.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Exodis » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Congratz dude.
I'm actually pretty close to my first milestone: 1,000 posts!

The Kid

Postby Q.U. » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Brax4 wrote:HEY GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!

Congrats on having 3269 posts Brax.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Hiryu » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:29 pm

10 years? Dude...
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm still surprised he was here during the dawn of this website.
And in a month from now it'll be officially 10 years he's been a member of Snafu.

The Kid

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Q.U. wrote:

LOL
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Q.U. wrote:

Oh wow, I have 3216 posts...
I'm gonna beat Brax! :D

The Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!