And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Ya, maybe they'll send Weber an offer sheet again, I think I've heard rumours of that. I believe, like I'm sure you probably do, that ya, the D corp is what's causing a lot of the issues.

Hana wrote:If you lived here, I would have you over to play...but then we'd have to fight over the mic. >_> That wouldn't be good. I like being the only person that ever wants to sing...
I only ever want to sing when I've reached a certain level on inebriation.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm

We can't offersheet him, but we can trade. So I'm guessing Coots, Read and some prospects or picks.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Ya, probably something like that, likely a first and/or second round pick
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 pm

If it was Weber the d would be:
Coburn-Weber
Grossman-Schenn
Timonen-Mez
Gervais/Gus
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Really? Drop Timonen that far down the chart?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd rather see Timonen moved to third pairing to keep his 5v5 time down.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Hmm, I suppose. I barely see the Flyers play so I have no bearing on how good Grossman has been
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 pm

I think him and Schenn could be a second pair that would fuck guys up, they're not the most gifted offensively, but they both found a physical edge that was missing with the change of scenery/system.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 am

All right, fair enough.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 am

Honestly, as much as has been made out of giving up JVR I think overall the team benefited from it. JVR would be like 3rd or 4th on the depth chart on LW and if it wasn't for Schenn the d would be in a much worse place.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 am

Ya, that's for sure true. It's really a move that had to be made
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:05 am

It was a move that was longer rumored than just about anything besides Iginla being traded on the trade deadline(the past 5).
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 am

Mmm, yarr.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 am

The only player as bad was Rick Nash and Columbus got burned on that just because they held that hand to long and it lost value.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am

Like Vancouver and Luongo, held on wayyyy too long
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 am

Luongo will be the albatross for Gillis.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 am

For sure.

It's hilarious because at points this season Luongo was playing so well that there were people calling for Schneider to be traded instead, haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:23 am

They have a full scale controversy that isn't normally seen outside of Philly and they need to do something to send the clear message.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:25 am

Yup, they've needed to do that almost all season but the haven't
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:40 am

They'll have to after this season. Or it will just become comical.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 am

Haha, ya it will be quite absurd. Sooner or later I figure somethings gotta give
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jingle Males » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 pm

COMBO BREAKER
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Yog » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 pm

I love you Male.

THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT MOMENT.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Princess » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah. Almost 12 hours later.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jingle Males » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:05 pm

CRAP
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables