And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm

I got a ticket once for changing my music while stopped at a red light, and then remembered that I hadn't renewed my licence. Oops. But the tickets got thrown out.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm

EagleMan wrote:
Exodis wrote:God I hate those cars that have high volumes and blast the BASS. Pretty fuckin' annoying, not to mention earth shattering.

As long as they aren't going through residential areas or having it blast while they're in traffic, I don't care. What's most annoying to me is badly installed or super bright headlights. Or just having your brights on. Either one. If you're going to be causing crashes as least make sure the people are behind you and not ahead of you.

My God yes! I can't stand that, what also sucks is when they're behind you and their lights are blinding out all of your mirrors.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Did I mention I'm still learning how to drive? .-.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm

When'd you start?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Last year Actually, I've been learning for a long time, but last year I've been very active in driving lessons with parents. So far, I'm doing pretty good.
Gonna try and get my permit this year... and then get my license. Fuck I'm behind.
Last edited by Exodis on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

i learned to drive for a couple months then i had to stop my lessons for financial reasons

i'd passed my driving theory test, but never taken the practical. my theory i passed like 3 years ago, so i'd have to take it again because it's expired.

i need to get back on that.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

I didn't get my license until I was 17 1/2, I actually was awful at it at first, but as of right now, I'm the best driver in my family. You'll be fine.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby EagleMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 pm

You have to try to get a permit? Where do you live? They just gave me a learning permit after I did like 3 sessions with some instructor or something and then I could drive with an adult. Then like 6 months later or something I could do the driving test and get a license.

But in the U.S. you basically have to do nothing to get a license. From what I've read, Europe or many places in it tend to have much higher standards for getting a license. I don't really recall the chain of events though, I was supposed to be training with my parents in between those sessions but otherwise I was just let on the road one day with pretty much no real training.

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Livin' in Los Angeles.

The Kid

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm

this is the music video for my friend's band that i've arranged to get to play at my pub in a few weeks at our beer and ale festival

should be a good day
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm

EagleMan wrote:You have to try to get a permit? Where do you live? They just gave me a learning permit after I did like 3 sessions with some instructor or something and then I could drive with an adult. Then like 6 months later or something I could do the driving test and get a license.

But in the U.S. you basically have to do nothing to get a license. From what I've read, Europe or many places in it tend to have much higher standards for getting a license. I don't really recall the chain of events though, I was supposed to be training with my parents in between those sessions but otherwise I was just let on the road one day with pretty much no real training.

Here, when you're 16 you can take the knowledge test to get your learner's permit (L), where you can only drive with a parent. Then after about a year and after x number of practice hours you can take your road test to get your novice license (N). Once you have your N you can drive by yourself, but you're only supposed to carry one passenger (you can have as many family members as you want). Then after like a year and a half of that you can road test for your full license. I passed each level on my first try, I'm pretty proud of that. Couple of my friend's failed there N test a couple time
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

The Disney Store got this new Beauty and the Beast stuff, and its so beautiful and I started to tear up and bought some of it because reasons.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 pm

You know what Disney movie inexplicably makes me cry every time it's even mentioned? Mulan.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Princess Stuff wrote:The Disney Store got this new Beauty and the Beast stuff, and its so beautiful and I started to tear up and bought some of it because reasons.

I am Tuor's complete lack of surprise.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Makes sense that you would like Mulan.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm

One of the best songs in Disney
Signature Under Construction

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Actually, I like pretty much all Disney stuff. Little Mermaid and Mulan are my favorite, though....well, Princess and the Frog is pretty up there, too.

No, I lie. Tangled is my favorite.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Cue Stuff...
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Kkeellaacc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Treasure Planet is my favourite Disney movie
Signature Under Construction

Postby Princess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 pm

/SCREAMING
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 pm

LovE ALL THE DISNEY STUFF

I really want some Gravity Falls merch.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Toy Story's my favorite. Loved that movie when I was a kid. Had all merchandise when I was little. I still have the original VHS of the movie when I was a kid.

The Kid

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 pm

EagleMan wrote:You have to try to get a permit? Where do you live? They just gave me a learning permit after I did like 3 sessions with some instructor or something and then I could drive with an adult. Then like 6 months later or something I could do the driving test and get a license.

Prerequisites for licenses or learners permits vary state by state and sometimes with the age of the driver.

Europe can have ridiculous standards for acquiring licenses because of how urbanized Europe is and then combining in having large scale public transportation and light and heavy rail.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!