And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Wheat beer.

Anyhoo, got some marks back today since it's the last day of classes. Blah, went to the campus pub and did two shots, bam bam. Now bussing home and then meeting up my two best buds in a couple hours. Planning to get pretty drunk tonight
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Marks not good? ;_;

or....really good and demanding celebration?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Not good.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Wheat beers can be hit or miss but so can most beers. Even breweries that I love have a misfire on something to me.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 pm

I just remember having one in Europe that scared me off of 'em for good
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:53 pm

2142 is still my favorite
Mephobiac

Postby Jingle Males » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Crap spring is coming, eyes are already feeling ichy.
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm

*does the no allergies dance*
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Bastard. I get to do my yearly roulette to see which allergy medicine MIGHT work this year...
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Tuor wrote:I just remember having one in Europe that scared me off of 'em for good

But there's a handful of styles, my preference is hefeweizen, it's nice and cloudy and kind of banana bready. Now on the other hand I am not a fan of Belgian Witbiers.

It's so weird that one of my favorite and least favorite are by the same company.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Ya, the beer had this really heavy, savoury sweet taste, just thinking about it almost makes me gag.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:09 pm

That's generally not typical of the wheat beer, especially the sweetness. Like most of the have some kind of fruitiness because of the yeast and wheat interaction.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Maybe it wasn't actually a wheat beer then.

When I'm in a bad mood hearing people speak incessantly in another language really gets under my skin and there's this chick sitting near me on the bus speaking in some eastern european language to the guy sitting beside her and and she pretty much hasn't shut up since the bus started its route half an hour ago
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Ignore her and think about the awesome socks I'm going to make you when you tell me what color you want and get me your foot measurements. ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Oh they got off, thank god.

Hmmm, green, I think. Dark green.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Tuor wrote:Hmmm, green, I think. Dark green.

or

First two are wool/nylon, third one is wool/silk. Any interest, or do I get to use you as an excuse to buy more yarn? ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm

The last one looks good.

Also, I'm dissapointed that those shots have done almost nothing, boo.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 pm

What shots?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

I posted earlier how I got marks back and then went and did two successive shots
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

I missed that, what was it that you shot?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Alcohol.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm

He's asking what alcohol I shot. 151
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I know. I'm just being cheeky.

...Why would you shoot 151? Wait, don't answer that. You did make sure to not eat beforehand, then, since your aim is to get drunk asap, right?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Wow you must hate yourself tonight.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 pm

@hana: ya, all I've had today is some tea this morning
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!