And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:05 am

Thanks for clearing that up, Male.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby EagleMan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 am

Randori wrote:
Tuor wrote:
Whatis6times9 wrote:I hope   Todd gets the most gruesome death of the series.   

Tooootally agree

Well, that's the thing: he was following orders. Whatever he's given hehas to do it. Like he said "It's nothing personal..." as in it's all business. Can't blame the guy for his given commands.   

Todd has seemed to have acted with a lot of agency. He already spared Jesse before. His uncle doesn't even care about the meth anymore, he already has the money. Then he finds out Jesse ratted Todd personally too. Todd spares him. Todd also killed Drew Sharp without a command. The thing is, Todd didn't even need to say that to Andrea. She was about to be dead, and she only had what, a half second to process what he said before she was shot? Most people wouldn't understand what was going on. Todd is also what Jesse and Walt unleashed on the world though. If they hadn't taken out Gus, Todd would still just be a crook working for Vamonos Pest. Even Mike was unconcerned about his connections at the time before, now they're the new meth kingpins. Everyone feels horrible about what's happening to Jesse, but just because he feels bad about what he's done doesn't change all the things that have happened because of him. He wants to protect the children, but what about the kid abandoned by his meth addled parents? Did that stop Jesse from making meth? Todd killed a kid. But why were they there? They were getting supplies to make meth.   

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 am

I honestly don't remember Jesse's connection to Andrea and Brock
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:20 am

Last page got me so riled. I'm just getting into the show and then spoilers right in my face... tempting me... They beckon me to read them...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 am

...seriously don't, they're pretty much all concerning the most recent 2 or 3 episodes
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 am

I know. I shouldn't. But gosh it's like taunting me for not being where you guys are.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 am

THEN KEEP WATCHING, DON'T RUIN IT FOR YOURSELF.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I know. I shouldn't. But gosh it's like taunting me for not being where you guys are.

This happened to my when I was getting Bioshock Infinite. Didn't want spoilers to ruin the experience. but they were so tempting to me. But I manned up, beat the game, and had my mind fucking blown in the end.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Mir@k » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm not going to start watching breaking bad until the ending hype dies out.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!b

Postby Jingle Males » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Randori wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, Male.

Yet I still hope everything turns out okay for him
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 pm

That's what a lot of people say.
Some hate Walt for his actions but want him to stay alive.
I mean, what would happen if Walt wasn't the main character and just a minor character like Saul Goodman or Skyler White? Would you still have the same feelings or just want him simply dead?
Damn, this show does great on its character development.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Grey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 pm

i been at the pub since noon today. it's just about to hit 2AM and i'm just getting home.

longgggg day.

same tomorrow.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Lately my laptop fan has been running so obnoxiously loud that it's making me want to beat the crap out of it
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 pm

It is dust. It could use a cleaning. And soon, before the cpu fries
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Hmm, interesting, what should I clean the dust out with?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Grey's post looks prettier than usual for some reason... I can't quite put my finger on it... GREY, DID YOUR POSTING BOX GET A HAIR CUT?
An Optimist

Postby Grey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 pm

thomas mirak and i are on the pimped out snafu and i love it
Suave Brit

Postby Grey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 pm

i knew hangin about for long enough would pay off
Suave Brit

Postby Asinerta » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 pm

I have never been so jealous in my life. And hungry.
I like sleeping

Postby Mir@k » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Tuor wrote:Hmm, interesting, what should I clean the dust out with?
Rick Broida wrote:I've written about this subject in years past, but it's so important I feel obligated to repeat myself for those who might have missed it.

Your laptop may be choking to death.

You see, like desktops, laptops can suck up lots of dust. And because everything in a laptop is packed together so tightly, dust is even more dangerous. When the cooling fans have to run constantly, it's just a matter of time before the machine start to overheat. When that happens, it may lock up. It may damage system components. And it might even kick the bucket.

Fortunately, as I've mentioned before, this is easy to fix. All you need is a small screwdriver and a can of compressed air (or an air compressor—though tread lightly with that, as noted below).

Turn off the laptop, flip it over, and remove the battery. I recommend unplugging the AC adapter, too. Look for an air vent on an outer edge of the laptop; there should be a nearby access panel on the bottom.

Unscrew that panel and remove it. You should see the fan right underneath. Your mileage may vary, but the three laptops I have here all have panel-accessible fans.

Now it's time to blow out the dust, something you might want to do outside. Hit the fan in short bursts from lots of different angles, making sure to blow most frequently in the direction of the air vent. If you're using an air compressor, as I did, keep the pressure relatively low, and don't get too close with the nozzle. Too strong a burst and you could damage the fan or something else.

After you've blown out all the dust, place the access panel and battery, then power up the system. I'll wager that it runs much quieter (and cooler) than it did before.

If your laptop is more than a year or two old, it's long overdue for such a cleaning. (Same goes for your desktop.) Don't wait until it's too late. And add a reminder to your calendar so you remember to do this again every couple months.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:15 am

haha, my laptop is like 5 or 6 years old and I've never cleaned. Now to find where I can get a can of air
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:17 am

Yeah don't pay much mind to that advice, i cleaned mine for the first time after 4 years of use and it's the same. If it isn't broken then there's still time.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 am

Ok cool, cuz ya, it's being stupidly loud at only like 2000rpms
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:23 am

Tuor wrote:haha, my laptop is like 5 or 6 years old and I've never cleaned. Now to find where I can get a can of air

Any electronic store and most department stores.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 am

brand doesn't really matter but most cans look like this

24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens