And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Have you had it before?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:41 pm

No, that's why I got singles. I would have bought a six if I had it and liked it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 8:42 pm

So you're just hoping it won't taste like soy sauce, period.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Fri May 03, 2013 8:46 pm

y'ever drank old engine oil? it's a porter from a scottish brewery called harviestoun. it's one of my favourite beers.

my pub's having a music and ale festival this weekend. we've got a few ales in that we've never sold before and have them on cask in the shady part of the garden. we'll have music at one end of the garden and me and some dude named oliver at the other end selling ale and BBQ burgers

s'gonna be a good couple days. standin out in the sun, pourin interesting beers for people.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:46 pm

I've had stouts and porters before, I forgot to let it come up to temp before opening it. Something with dark beers being better at 50-55 degrees than at 40.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby darkshark » Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

beer is something you drink to get drunk

just like all alcohol

cuz i'm eighteen
buh

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Also it's a porter, not a stout, there's not an insane amount of difference and now that's warmed up it's kinda coffee-y, I'll let it come up a bit more and see how it develops.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Grey wrote:y'ever drank old engine oil? it's a porter from a scottish brewery called harviestoun. it's one of my favourite beers.

my pub's having a music and ale festival this weekend. we've got a few ales in that we've never sold before and have them on cask in the shady part of the garden. we'll have music at one end of the garden and me and some dude named oliver at the other end selling ale and BBQ burgers

s'gonna be a good couple days. standin out in the sun, pourin interesting beers for people.

That sounds like it's gonna be such a good time, damn.

Whatis6times9 wrote:Also it's a porter, not a stout, there's not an insane amount of difference and now that's warmed up it's kinda coffee-y, I'll let it come up a bit more and see how it develops.

That's a promising change
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 pm

It is and when I said soy sauce I didn't mean salty as much as that really dark murky brewed taste.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 pm

i ate shrooms for the first time today
woah
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 pm

i only got home from work at like 2AM. it's nearly 3AM now.
i have to be back at the pub at 9:15 to work until 3. i get an hour break, then i'm in from 4PM til 1AM. i'm working a double shift tomorrow, so that'll be tiring.

but! on the sunday i'll be working from 11AM til 7PM. and on the sunday, two of the bands that are playing are friends of mine that i arranged to come play at our weekend thing. when i finish up shift, they'll only have been off stage for about half an hour, so they'll still be around drinking. plus i got some other friends coming to the pub to see the band. i'm really looking forward to the sunday. the saturday'll be tiring.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Grey » Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Mir@k wrote:i ate shrooms for the first time today
woah
ha-haaaa

how was it?
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

That Sunday will be rad. Nice of you to get your friends' groups those gigs.

Whatis6times9 wrote:It is and when I said soy sauce I didn't mean salty as much as that really dark murky brewed taste.

Ohh, all right, I was wondering about the drastic taste change.

Mir@k wrote:i ate shrooms for the first time today
woah

I want to try them some day
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 pm

The beer has mellowed a bit more as it warmed.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Now to let the Milk Stout warm.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Yumm.

Isles got the win tonight, good game by them, but the Pens were a bit sloppy. Still, they came back from 3-1
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:50 pm

I still don't have a bandwagon in the east, though I'm leaning Ottawa and Isles.

The first taste of it while cold was weird, like kind of that soy taste again, but also some sweetness from the lactose they add to sweeten it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Grey wrote:ha-haaaa
how was it?
weird as shit, the furniture was bothering me nudging my body, the ceiling seemed like made of cake and everything moved in a waving motion, everything made me smile even though i didn't want to and i felt like i wasn't actually there.

they taste awful but i forgot about the taste after a while. i was gifted a bunch more but i plan to make jello with them
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm

I always heard people say you should put them on like, pizza or something to avoid the bad taste or hide it a little

Whatis6times9 wrote:I still don't have a bandwagon in the east, though I'm leaning Ottawa and Isles.

The first taste of it while cold was weird, like kind of that soy taste again, but also some sweetness from the lactose they add to sweeten it.

Both of those series seem like they'll be good ones. Sense could go far if Anderson stays hot, and everyone loves and underdog, the Isles showed some heart today, used their speed and got back to playing the style they had success with.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm

I don't really care about the other two series because I have the same level of feeling about the competitors.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri May 03, 2013 10:09 pm

they do taste rank, typically. i just used to cover em in honey and eat em with a spoon. i don't even like regular mushrooms.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 pm

This Milk Stout is amazing even if my brain can't quite process it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 pm

this video is over 2 years old but i just discovered it

i fucking love it
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:15 pm

So now I'm watching Hockey, thanks Tuor.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 pm

You're welcome.

Also, I need to try a milk stout, one of my favourite local bbq places had one in but for one reason or another never got around to going in there and now they don't have it anymore because they changed their beers for summer.
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables