And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 am

The feeling when you click on it and your name is not the only one that reads "viewing who's online". Or if you're wondering if x is reading your pm, you send it and then it reads "x is reading his pm's". It's so convenient.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:43 am

Calek wrote:I use the "Go to new post button" all the time

this too
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 am

The PM's one is very neat feeling, haha. When I see someone else is also viewing who is online, it freaks me out a bit. Surprises me I guess
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:45 am

It feels like when you're in a sex shop and right as you turn a corner in an aisle you bump into your math teacher. You cross akward stares at each other and then you realize he is holding a pink rubber dildo.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 am

Yeah i could not find a better analogy for the feeling i get when that happens that'll do.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 am

I occasionally check who is online, I do like to wonder what the fuck the bots are reading. Honestly for the mark forum read, if there's only one topic that has a new post I'll just check out what the poster said.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 am

Any of you speak with BeeAre regularly? I wonder how he is and shit.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 am

He's more or less the same as he's been for the last little while.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 am

Mir@k wrote:Yeah i could not find a better analogy for the feeling i get when that happens that'll do.

Sums it up pretty well, lol.

I occasionally use those buttons and the online thing. But then I kind of just stopped bothering to, at least with the "marking forum as read" thing. And for whatever reason, I tend to forget how to access the "see who's online" thing, though I use it all the time on some other forums I frequent. *shrug*
The Sentimental One

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 am

@Tuor: Okay. That's... Good. Like pressing "like" on a facebook status that says something rather sad and you're like "by pressing 'like', will I be interpreted as 'I like that this bad thing happened to you' or in a 'I like you not your problem.' way".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 am

I hate that feeling
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 am

Mir@k wrote:Any of you speak with BeeAre regularly? I wonder how he is and shit.

I talked with him the other day, from what the convo was, he's generally the same.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 am

I'm going to assume that "the same" means he's very sick and can't come post.

Hiroko wrote:
Mir@k wrote:Yeah i could not find a better analogy for the feeling i get when that happens that'll do.

Sums it up pretty well, lol.

I occasionally use those buttons and the online thing. But then I kind of just stopped bothering to, at least with the "marking forum as read" thing. And for whatever reason, I tend to forget how to access the "see who's online" thing, though I use it all the time on some other forums I frequent. *shrug*
the who's online button was changed from being on the center to being on the upper left side of the "users online" bar. Click on the "Who is online?" text. It's difficult to know that text is a link because it may as well be the title of the "users online" bar.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 am

Ahhh, that's right. Thanks, Mirak. : )
The Sentimental One

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 am

Everytime I come back here I always go the main menu of the forum and mark everything read, because there's about seeing a glowing unread topic in a section I don't even vist that just...IDK irks me I guess?
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 am

I used to do that a lot when I first joined. But then I just sorta stopped caring/got lazy.
The Sentimental One

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 am

Terrible, just terrible
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 am

I find the stuff real handy sometimes. More than you'd think really.

It's getting late and everyone is going to bed. I hate being awake while everyone sleeps. Makes me feel ultra lonely.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 am

Tuor wrote:Terrible, just terrible
what is?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 am

Mir@k wrote:It's getting late and everyone is going to bed. I hate being awake while everyone sleeps. Makes me feel ultra lonely.
I know that feel
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 am

I'd also wish my mother stopped using the double bed in the guest room to sleep in.
I know she got a taste for the bed now that she uses it frequently because her bf comes over a lot and they like to play pc games on their laptops while lying down, but that room is right next to my spiral staircase to weedland.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:29 am

And weed is like, basically holding everything that is me together at the moment. (i wont talk about weed more than this for now dont worry)
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 am

That is a shitty situation
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiroko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 am

Mir@k wrote:I find the stuff real handy sometimes. More than you'd think really.

It's getting late and everyone is going to bed. I hate being awake while everyone sleeps. Makes me feel ultra lonely.

I'm sure it can be at times. It has been useful the times I've used it.

And bluh, I feel that way too sometimes. Sometimes a little too strongly. ~_>; I've gotten up late in the middle of the night to get on Skype just to talk to people to get rid of that feeling and calm down at times. It's not a pleasant thing.
The Sentimental One

Postby Jingle Males » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 am

Gets laryngitis
Eventually feels better and is able to talk again
A week later gets laryngitis again
LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY LEMON JELLY
fool my bullets are made of suns

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables