Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Harumii » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 pm

so everyone. i am taking a hiatus from snafu.
i need time to recover from the mental traumas that have been plaguing me.
certain people on this site have induced great stress and fear in me that i have only been making worse.
i have been feeling very unsafe and distressed by people and events on snafu.
i don't handle situations well due to being emotionally unstable and my communication skills are poor.
the drama that was started that i should have ignored got to me and made me defensive.
i let others' poison effect my behaviour and get to me
i got over emotional and let people provoking get the best of me. i apologize.
i admit that my problems cause me to not always act the best
and i only feel bad about that because i have always, always only wanted peace and love.
heavy misunderstandings and hurt feelings were created on all sides
i never wanted to hurt anyone and i know no one meant to hurt me.
no one wants to hurt others. everyone wants peace, i'm sure.
i am leaving to take care of my own mental health that has greatly deteriorated both from RL and here.
i will be back after i get better. i have many great friends on here who will be helping me.
i am grateful that so many people on here want me to get better. i feel really cared about and loved.
i will continue to talk with all those people on skype and other places.

and no i do not need a tempaban. that would give me more stress and would cause a panic attack, honestly.
i just wanted to tell everyone i'd be gone for awhile. and to keep me in your good thoughts as i recover.
snafu is my home and i care about all of you so much. i am just unwell right now.
i will be back happier and healthier, i'm sure.

oh and i want to know that people won't try and reopen the drama when i return
if you try to start drama, i will not respond because that's what started everything
i don't want some sort of relapse and i just want peace of mind that it won't be allowed.
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
Is still watching you

Postby Yog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm happy for you Haru.

Take care of yourself, ok? Come back feeling better.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Take all the time you need, Haru. There's no need to rush things, so you don't have to come back until you feel that you're ready to do so.

Hope you feel better.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Don't bother coming back; the last thing you want is to be involved in more drama. Just focus on getting well.

You won't need us this time around. Go, and be free. Talk if you have to, but...don't come back for a long time.

I want to see you in better shape.
"Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust the little inner voice when it talks to you." ~ unknown
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby Senel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Kinda sound like a dick there Wulf.

She'd be fine though if we didn't have mods that ignore what they're supposed to uphold.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Senel wrote:Kinda sound like a dick there Wulf.

She'd be fine though if we didn't have mods that ignore what they're supposed to uphold.

Elaborate right now. You have the floor.

Explain it in detail.

Edit: I see you saw my post and then left without replying, so I'll make this for when you return: If you feel uncomfortable pursuing it in public, I'd be glad to hear out your concerns in a PM.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Senel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Warbear specifically, without personally attacking him has held other members accountable for things said on Skype. Myself included. For a varying degree of things. Haru sent me what he had said to her completely unprovoked over Skype this morning at about 8 am. In the message he totally played his bias and hate for her for no reason, calling her poison and a number of other things. She has told me previously that she had apparently received multiple warnings for things she had said in the 'Rapscalions' Skype chat, though it was apparently after I was removed so I'm not familiar with what had happened there exactly. Basically I feel that by displaying such an extreme bias that some of the warnings she had received from that should be removed, or Warbear's over emotional habits should be examined by the mods to determine if he's still fit.

At the very least he deserves a slap on the hand if he's going to ignore his whole "Skype counts as the forum" bit when it's him tossing the venom.

EDIT: Didn't leave after seeing. Just takes me a bit to type when my arthritis flares.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Senel wrote:Warbear specifically, without personally attacking him has held other members accountable for things said on Skype. Myself included. For a varying degree of things.

Held you accountable how?

I have gone over every action Warbear has made, policy-wise, on the forum, by implementation of punishment.

I have had to approve every decision he has made, as has the group of moderators. While we have agreed he has gotten upset at people, none of his decisions have impacted the functionality of the forum's proceedings, because all of his decisions had oversight.

Haru sent me what he had said to her completely unprovoked over Skype this morning at about 8 am. In the message he totally played his bias and hate for her for no reason, calling her poison and a number of other things.

Yes, I have seen it. He was angry at her, and none of that information pertains to the forums.

She has told me previously that she had apparently received multiple warnings for things she had said in the 'Rapscalions' Skype chat,

As her behavior on the forums was concerned.

though it was apparently after I was removed so I'm not familiar with what had happened there exactly.

Clearly.

Basically I feel that by displaying such an extreme bias that some of the warnings she had received from that should be removed, or Warbear's over emotional habits should be examined by the mods to determine if he's still fit.

You are woefully uninformed as to the circumstances of this case, and if you only heard it from Haru about Warbear, and those facts were accurate, I would agree with you.

Haru's behavior in multiple threads is what got her a number of warnings issued to her, and because of the lack of clarity on those warnings' delivery, the severity of those warnings was cut multiple times to demonstrate our understanding that the lack of clarity would be damaging to Haru unfairly.

At the very least he deserves a slap on the hand if he's going to ignore his whole "Skype counts as the forum" bit when it's him tossing the venom.

I have discussed things with Warbear. He understands that he should not have gotten upset.

EDIT: Didn't leave after seeing. Just takes me a bit to type when my arthritis flares.

I am sorry about your arthritis.

Are all of your concerns sufficiently addressed?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Senel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 pm

I was held accountable when I made the comment "Well chat's being brutally raped"when some people were spamming the song that never ends, though I've since come to understand why that might upset some people so I don't have an issue with that.

But yeah. You addressed my concerns fairly enough. Thank you.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 pm

I am glad to have help clarified things.

Let us return this thread to its normal business. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Yog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:20 pm

So I never thought that living with someone would be enjoyable as it is, but here I am, a month later, still happy.

Man it's weird.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Happy for you, yog c:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:29 pm

people aren't all that bad once you get to know em

unless they are
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Yog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:31 pm

I still question it, you know.

I wonder if I deserve this.

But everyone does. That's what I think.

I always say, everyone deserves to be happy, but I've never included myself in everyone.

Maybe I should.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 pm

I think you probably should ;)
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 pm

Hey.

I need some advice from anyone with experience when it comes to anger.

This whole boxing thing has been some of the most cathartic thing I've done. I used to have some issues with anger when I was younger, but that's cleared up for the most part.

These fights though, I feel them bringing out something bad. It's like.

I'm angry at the world.

Just pissed off at everything, like when I was a stupid kid.

I keep that suppressed, a bit, but I don't know where it's coming from.

I've mulled it over, and the only theory that I have is a subconscious bitterness from all the shit that's happened to me these past years.

This is messing me up badly if that's true. I mean. I've had my more than my fair share of grief, but what with the gifts I've found, and new relationships and friendships that I've made, I should be happy, right?

I don't know what to do. I really don't.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 pm

To me, this honestly seems like something to seek some kind of professional help for
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:54 pm

That's what I was thinking too.

Mind you, it's not violent tendencies toward people.

When I say I'm angry at the world, it'd be more fitting to say... I dunno.

I have nothing against anyone, haha.

I guess you could go say I'm cursing the very fabric of the universe if that makes any sense.

It's something that will regrettably get turned inward if I don't figure out how to deal with it. And I don't think I can break my hands anymore, hehe.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby top gear tony » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 pm

I was going to suggest punching a punching bag till it's vented all out since you box. Just tire yourself out.

I used to have serious anger problems a few years back, it just cleared up on it's own.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Yog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 pm

I plan on doing both.

Like I said, boxing is super cathartic. It's perfect to let out some of these bad emotions.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 pm

That being said I don't think it's that uncommon to be a bit mad at how the world is
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 pm

True. But my anger is worse than that.

It stems from an actual cause, not the world itself. I'm just projecting.

Hrm.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Ah, well then I stand by my original suggestion then haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sly » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:51 am

@Yog

I share your concern. All I can say is check yourself regularly, in other words, don't let that concern fade away too far into the background. Keep the concern alive as though it were a curse upon your actions, something to resent, but also something you will bear as though it were the double edge on the only sword you have and are going to get.

I attended a Krav Maga gym for several months, and while it was the most relieving thing I ever did for myself, a year later I nearly struck my sister after she chased me around the house screaming at me over bullshit. Because I had practiced so much, I was too ready to throw a well formed elbow into her diaphragm and believe me when I said she left herself wide open. I barely caught myself, it was too easy to visualize the strike because it came with the smoothness of something well practiced. It terrified her, and was largely part of her throwing me out of her house and why I'm struggling to get by.

Now, she had fully picked that fight and chased me into a corner, but I would have ended it, and I'm bearing the responsibility of a punch I didn't throw anyway. I was going to hit her, I wanted to hit her, I wanted her to feel the burning pain that I was feeling and listen to her scream under it's weight for all the times she's abused me when I was little. I wanted her to do the screaming for once. And as I look upon it now, I might as well have hurt her for all the good not hurting her has done me. I still feel like my actions weren't unacceptable, but it holds that I should not have reached for violence no matter what was screamed at me.

But for the time I practiced in the gym and trained on my own on my punching bag, I was sleeping better and getting along with some people at my work better, and also venting a lot of pent up hatred. It was relieving in a way people with something out there that has hurt them deeply feel. I tired myself as much as I could and it got me through the day, though it never quite solved my problems. Maybe that's a bit different than anger, but also, maybe not.

All I can say is, the anger you fear probably won't turn inward. Fighting spirit doesn't exist without something to fight, and fighting spirit doesn't grow if it is so busy caught up fighting itself.

....gyuh, why am I being so cryptic >__> I'm going to be some scary old woman someday.
Do you have the preparedness to tell a lie? How is it?
Look, you're becoming sleepy.

My writings

People ruin all things to the point good and evil can't even exist.
In the depth of humanity, what I saw a terribly cold dream.
Looking Forward.

Postby Millo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:53 am

I thought the boxing would be a great outlet for all this pent up anger. I know you probably feel a sense of guilt for being angry even though things have been going your way recently but it's the same as other depressed people who finally have their life on track yet still can't escape their feeling of emptiness and sadness. Like Tuor I think it'd be a good idea to speak to a therapist or a psychologist about it.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens