Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:48 am

As long as you've made your position clear then you should have a clear conscience in terms of "leading him on". That's on him. If you've been explicit about not wanting anything right now, or feeling like you can't, then it's up to him whether he wants to keep hanging out with you, knowing that that's the way it will be.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:59 am

I never felt like it was that simple. As if love and hopes were a contract we could sign and hold each other accountable to. Some people can agree to terms, but always have it in their heart that things will change. I feel like I know that's how it'll be. That's how I feel with my ex. Yeah, I broke up with him, but he'll wake up and realize we didn't waste two and a half years, surely...something anything it'll happen. I want it to happen so badly that I'll tell myself it will.
But it won't.

I think he is the kind of person that might do to himself what I'm doing to myself. Lying and wasting time just longing and hoping on something that won't happen.

But maybe not. He could surprise me and just be okay with it afterall.
Forums are like rivers that flow through the cities of humanity.

>Art Thread<
Looking Forward.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 am

Then maybe it's best you just make a clean break then and don't hang out with him anymore
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:05 am

v__v yeah. I'll talk with him for a bit. But if I sense what I fear in him, I'll let him go.
It won't be the cleanest cut, but it'll be soon enough.

[edit]

damnit. yeah. >__> saying "I'd really like to take you on an official date, but I'm okay with being low on your priority list if you're too busy," is the biggest red flag ever. I think I'll just kinda leave the convo there and go get some sleep before responding.

This sucks : ( I don't have a lot of friends at all, and it was nice to have a friend that really likes to spend time with me.
v__v;;

Don't man :< don't be okay with being less to me. There's gonna be someone else out there who will want you number one of their list.
Forums are like rivers that flow through the cities of humanity.

>Art Thread<
Looking Forward.

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

hi guys...
i feel like shit
i feel like a failure
i was fourth in my class in high school
now i'm doing poorly and failing one class
i don't feel like i can handle it
i have very bad anxiety and am having an anxiety attack
i can't stop crying and panicking
i really need help...
i don't know how i could possible survive doing well in life if i can't even handle it right now....
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World // Tumblr // Facebook // Steam // Dreadful Comics
Well if I had quotes from others, I would put them here, but I am just another bug in the garden of Snafu.
Is Not Currently Available

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 pm

It's not unusual for people who did well in high school to have trouble in college. You're not alone so try not to feel badly about that. Have you ever seen anyone for your anxiety? Do you take anything for it? It's only, what, your first or second semester? There's still lots of time for your marks to recover and for you to be successful. Try not to look so far ahead, focus on what you can do now to help yourself c:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 pm

thank you that is quite hopeful
no i have not seen anyone about it or taken anything for it
when i was younger i went to therapy shortly and that's when i was diagnosed with it
haven't gotten any help since, though
it's my second semester and i feel like if i can't handle freshman year, how will i handle my higher level studies...
i'm trying my best, it's just so difficult to balance out good grades, my love, sleep, and keeping sane...
Well if I had quotes from others, I would put them here, but I am just another bug in the garden of Snafu.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm

You should probably try to make an appointment with your school's counsellors, maybe they can help you out
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 pm

eh i don't like the idea of that
i just try to muggle through it on my own
my boyfriend tries to comfort me but he doesn't always understand exactly what i need
which is understandable because it's hard to figure out how to help someone who is so panicked
it's okay, though, because i know it will always eventually pass

from what you said, now i'm suddenly thinking about how each school year will be new and fresh
and i will have new teachers and new classes that hopefully will go just fine
at least, that's what i'm trying to think about to lift myself up...
i tend to flip thought processes quickly like that

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 pm

What don't you like about that idea exactly? I'm curious. They're the people that should be able to help you the most, even just in giving you plans on how to cope with some of the times of more extreme anxiety.

now i'm suddenly thinking about how each school year will be new and fresh
and i will have new teachers and new classes that hopefully will go just fine

That's a good way to think c:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 pm

i don't know, i wouldn't mind going to counselling
i just don't want any of the school counselors
it just... eh makes me feel uneasy, i can't explain it
also, that would probably be health services right? you need to some kind of medical to use them
i currently don't have any medical....
which is partially why i can't go out and get therapy anyway
other reason being i can't drive or even have a car

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

I guess if it makes you feel uneasy then don't do it, but it'd be helpful if you knew why it did. I don't think you'd need medical, I'm under the assumption that it's free counselling. That's how it is at most universities anyway. You should maybe at least look into it and see if that's the case.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:41 pm

I got mine scheduled for Friday c: It was pretty scary going up to make an appointment but they're all super nice and I'm sure so are yours Haru!
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Good job, Millo!

Proud of you, dude! c:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby EagleMan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Even in America there should be some sort of service for you that's "free" at your university since you already paid tuition. It might go by any number of names such as a guidance counselor or a mental help facility, all these people should be able to provide some degree of help. If you're at a community college I'm not so sure though.

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:26 am

There is a building that is Counseling and Health Services at my University, but yes, it should be free. I would be very surprised if it wasn't but alas community colleges tend to lack those services, at least for free I would believe. I do think you should give it a shot if you really think it would help though, even if you have a bit of uneasiness. You might find that it is really helpful and feel better about visiting in the future. The people there work with your peers all the time and anxiety is fairly common among students I would believe, so I would think they would be able to offer some help. Even if it doesn't go as well as you would like you aren't obliged to visit again and can always seek elsewhere if need be.
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
The Song of my People

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:31 am

I don't know what I should do.

One one hand, I want to dump a large sum of money for some time, instructions, and a piece of paper that says I can do something. But on the other, do I really need to spend a large sum of money for some time, instructions, and another piece of paper that says I can do something?
dA
o -o

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Depends what you want to do with your life
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:42 pm

That paper will function as a key for many doors.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:31 am

So yeah... From the ITT pics thread thing... Technically I helped a friend of mine cheat on her bf that was ignoring her and then helped her break up with the guy right after.

And he was a cool guy despite the "ignoring his gf for weeks on end" part. We'd always hang, and then he just... yeah.

Sort of lost some sleep from that and played games all night last night all the way until almost noon the next day.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Izanagi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:59 am

That sounds like my life except the whole helping a girl break up with her boyfriend thing.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Princess » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:43 pm

The guy was a douche, why are you feeling guilty? Did you not want to do it with her? Or just cause she was in a "relationship" at the time?
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Princess wrote: Or just cause she was in a "relationship" at the time?

I think it might be this. Even if the BF was a douche, it's still disrespectful to betray someones trust like that. At least that's what I think. I mean why not break up with him first then have sex?
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Princess » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 pm

As a form a payback, probably.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 pm

My dad tells me that two wrongs don't make a right.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!