Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

Enter At Your Own Risk (Shit Gets Cray Cray).

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 am

Probably because alcohol
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:14 am

I seriously have contemplated suicide tonight...

Why am I so pathetic and justless?

My whole body hrts and wailing at me for being such a waste of existence.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:16 am

my eyes wont stp being wet.

I hate this.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 am

If you need to cry, just cry, and stop trying to hold it back. Give in to it. Weep. Exhaust yourself. Go to sleep and see how things are in the morning. Don't leap to conclusions about things especially in this state of mind.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:16 am

I'm having a similar problem and i also don't quite know what to do to resolve it, so i keep myself distracted while i figure it out insteal of allowing myself to be brought down by people that might even just be busy or something.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 am

Okay, I'm feeling a lot better now. Still have this emotional pain stuck in my gut, but there's no hang over.
An Optimist

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Sly wrote:
Princess wrote:Agave nectar. Look into it.

I did look into it just now .__.
All there is is an effton of criticism and debate that it's being marketed as a "healthy sweetener" is false due to a high fructose sugar-type content. (table sugar is sucrose.) v__v; Everyone has their own opinion on nutrition, and everyone gets their information somewhere different and believes it to be the ultimate source.

Look, I'm not a believer in there being a way to cheat the system somehow D: Using an artificial sweetener is no way to pursue a sugar free diet. Agave Nectar is seen as a healthy sweetener, but my point is that it's still a sweetener. Fructose may have some benefits as a sweetener due to have a much lower glycemic impact on the bloodstream. But fructose isn't a sweetener you want more of by any mean either, as just like all the others it can lead to pre-diabetic conditions. And like all the other ones, it produces extra glucose which feed that bad bacteria in the stomach that is causing me health issues.

In other words, to me, no sugar out there can replace not eating sugars. I'm keeping it to sugars in fruits and some veggies and leaving it at that.

Literally use a pea size amount and you're fine. If you're using more, it's a problem. I've been working out, and just using that for anything I need sweetened. It's working.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:55 pm

The tension between me and my manager at the deli finally snapped. We ended up arguing in the back for like 15 minutes. I'm sick of her mismanaging everything she touches. And she's sick of me giving her attitude. v__v

I need to somehow find the courage to quit. Go to bartending school, and then go get a job at a restaurant and then work my way to the bar. I have the money for bartending school. And I need my mixologist license to be able to go on for a Flairtending certification. I really want to learn about liquors and drinks and stuff, same way I'm certified as a cheese connoisseur. I just like to learn about things D': I hates the deli, and I'm one of their best ppl.

I have this lil dream of being a supa cute waitress at like a TGI Friday's or something ;x; I have a whole vision of my supa cute uniform, and apron and shirt and I wanna put cellphone key chains on my note book that I take orders in. And then I can work the bar too ;w; and when I finally get my flairtending cert. I can really have some fun!
Do you have the preparedness to tell a lie? How is it?
Look, you're becoming sleepy.

My writings

People ruin all things to the point good and evil can't even exist.
In the depth of humanity, what I saw a terribly cold dream.
Looking Forward.

Postby Princess » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Bartending school is so much fun, I haven't done much with it, but it's worth it.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 pm

>w> I WAAAAANT this so baaad flairtending vid
I get it yo, it takes a lot of practice. I have good hand-eye coord. I'm willing to put in the hours.

I just gotta find the courage to put the money down D: and get out there! And go after it!
There's two TGI friday's around my area. I know they need peeps.
it's just that the deli pays me rly good <__< 11.50 an hour. And I get 40 hrs a week.
Hard to let go of a thick steady paycheck like that.

My writings

Looking Forward.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:57 am

Can I ask everyone something?

What can one person who can and/or cannot relate to another do to help individuals such as the likes of ourselves...?
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 am

I don't get the question.

Someone who can and/or cannot relate to others?

So scenario 1, Person A can relate to someone.

Scenario 2, Person B cannot relate to someone.

Scenario 3, Person C can and cannot relate to someone.

Overall question: In all three scenarios, how can these individuals help people similar to SNAFU forum members?

Am I interpreting that correctly?
Pyrophoric

Postby Millo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 am

I think I'm getting worse. February was one of the worst months for me emotionally and the year has only started. I'm unmotivated, emotionless and angry all the time.

The only time I really feel "alive" is when I'm angry, it's like a rush of adrenaline that I don't get from being happy (cause I'm usually not.) But the worst part of it is that I have no one to talk to about it, even my closest friend whose like a brother to me doesn't know I'm depressed. I feel like a worthless piece of shit most of the time when I'm awake and when I'm asleep? Well it's not like I sleep much, I've become to afraid to. My dreams are significantly better than real life for me,I end up waking up in the middle of night and just staring at the ceiling for a few hours because I almost believed that my dream was my life for even a second. I'm failing my chemistry class so hard I want to cry. I haven't read the textbook at all and I never have any time to do it, and when I do I feel so unmotivated so angry so sad that just staring at the book brings tears to my eyes. I just want a shoulder to cry on but no one will listen, I've been all alone for weeks. I don't talk to people at home, all my friends are currently busy with their own lives and jobs to make time for me.

I feel like if I were to disappear out of thin air that it wouldn't cause any change, sure people would mourn a little but eventually they would move on with their lives and they wouldn't be as effected. I don't draw well, I try to practice but I can't find joy in that.

I was thinking of going to Counseling at school but when I'm actually at school I just want to get out of there as quickly as possible and just go home and sit in my bed and sleep. I don't care about anything, I don't have a job anymore and I talk to no one. 2014 looks like it's gonna be a great year for me..
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 am

I won't insult you and pretend like I know what depression feels like, but I can definitely agree on being angry all the time.

Maybe I'm not the best person to be advising this, but being angry is a good thing in moderation. It's a start. You should get angry more. I'm always angry at people for the most random reasons, but it gives me motivation to not be like whatever aspect of them is making me angry.

I don't know your situation so I won't step into that realm, but I'm pretty much sitting in your same boat, dude. I'm jobless, failing my organic chem class because fuck chemistry, dammit, I've got no one to talk to about it because they're got classes, jobs, and lives to worry about, and I don't have the time to even panic about my situation. Nah, kinda forced to just keep chugging along.

So I'm pissed off as fuck about it!

You should be, too! At everything making you feel miserable!

At the same time, use that spark from anger to get shit going. Best advice I can give you. I'm angrily studying for o-chem right now because fuck that class. Angrily looking for a job because fuck having no income and rent to pay. Angry, because nothing's giving me time to wallow, so I don't have a choice but to keep pace.

Anger is the only thing keeping me going right now, and if that's the only thing you can depend on during this time of your life, hell, make damn good use of it.

You should get angry at me for hopping on my soapbox like this. Angrily knee me in the balls. Do it, man. I deserve it.

On a side note, heeeeey, fellow chem class hater! Woo. This thread's here for your sorrows, go nuts.
Pyrophoric

Postby Tuor » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Millo wrote:I was thinking of going to Counseling at school but when I'm actually at school I just want to get out of there as quickly as possible and just go home and sit in my bed and sleep. I don't care about anything, I don't have a job anymore and I talk to no one. 2014 looks like it's gonna be a great year for me..

Go to counselling. Please.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I'll go Tuesday, Maybe.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 pm

No, just go. You need help.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:16 am

Millo wrote:I think I'm getting worse. February was one of the worst months for me emotionally and the year has only started. I'm unmotivated, emotionless and angry all the time.

The only time I really feel "alive" is when I'm angry, it's like a rush of adrenaline that I don't get from being happy (cause I'm usually not.) But the worst part of it is that I have no one to talk to about it, even my closest friend whose like a brother to me doesn't know I'm depressed. I feel like a worthless piece of shit most of the time when I'm awake and when I'm asleep? Well it's not like I sleep much, I've become to afraid to. My dreams are significantly better than real life for me,I end up waking up in the middle of night and just staring at the ceiling for a few hours because I almost believed that my dream was my life for even a second. I'm failing my chemistry class so hard I want to cry. I haven't read the textbook at all and I never have any time to do it, and when I do I feel so unmotivated so angry so sad that just staring at the book brings tears to my eyes. I just want a shoulder to cry on but no one will listen, I've been all alone for weeks. I don't talk to people at home, all my friends are currently busy with their own lives and jobs to make time for me.

I feel like if I were to disappear out of thin air that it wouldn't cause any change, sure people would mourn a little but eventually they would move on with their lives and they wouldn't be as effected. I don't draw well, I try to practice but I can't find joy in that.

I was thinking of going to Counseling at school but when I'm actually at school I just want to get out of there as quickly as possible and just go home and sit in my bed and sleep. I don't care about anything, I don't have a job anymore and I talk to no one. 2014 looks like it's gonna be a great year for me..

A few things:

• What goals do you have right now? Do you have any reason at all to engage in self-improvement and for doing the things one has to do?

• I love it when I dream too. Unfortunately it rarely happens that I can remember them.

• Anything will help. This sort of depression is self-feeding - you don't study because you feel bad, you feel bad because you don't study. If you put in one real afternoon of studying I suspect you'd feel a lot better about yourself. Do anything that improves your life. Maybe clean up something that needs to be cleaned, or just go for a run, or do a lot of hygiene/bodycare. You don't have to turn your life around immediately - and you would burn out and give up quickly trying to do so - but taking little steps can really help your mood which in turn enables you to tackle the things that need tackling.

• It isn't really fair to think of disappearing like that. To go the cynical route, all of us will be forgotten quickly enough - out of 7 billion people alive today and the billions more that will be born in the next decades, let alone centuries, it hardly matters if 2 versus 20 people mourn your passing, is there some magical number of mourners we should be striving for? Your worth in life is not measured by those who consciously remember every so often you after you're gone. Your worth in life is determined by your moral actions. Do you treat others with respect? Even more importantly, do you treat yourself with respect? These are the questions worth considering, not how many people will miss you when you're gone.

• If you don't find any joy in drawing, then stop. Why do you do it? Do you like the praise you get when you show it to others? Or do you see it as something society says will make you fulfilled if you have it as a hobby, and so you practice it? I draw maybe a few times a year and I love it. I don't try to force it. Sometimes I make music videos, or I do video game modding. Sometimes I do nothing at all.

• Unfortunately for counseling, you'll just have to figure out some way to make yourself stay. I know when I'm at home I'll think of reasons I should stay at school and hangout, but that motivation evaporates when I have to add an hour commute of driving onto whatever I chose to stay and do, leaving little time at home before I sleep and do it all again, so I understand the sentiment even if I don't really have any advice for you. I would say you should try to go on the last day of school in the week, because then you know that no matter how late you stay, you have as long as you want to sleep in later on when you go home. Or any day before a schoolday you're able to sleep in late, just so you don't have that as an excuse to get home ASAP.

Postby Sly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:15 pm

I can't help but feel like this the more I look at my life. I'm filled with longing for the things I've tasted. But money is going to be in my way for forever. How long do I have to wait before I can go off and learn the things I want to out of life?

I have a wish to make, and no where and no one to really talk about it with.
I want apprenticeship. I want to be disciplined under someone I can trust will challenge me.
I've spent a life time succeeding in school, just to realize how it's never challenged me, and I'm graduating in spring feeling so very unfulfilled. But the more I want to go back to my krav gym, or enroll at the wing chun institute the more I am reminded that money is always going to be a problem for me. And working two jobs I have no time to go to classes, or practice. I feel trapped under a loan, and swept with a longing I can't stand.
I just want to learn things that matter, things that are really challenging. For the rest of my life I want to learn and be challenged. That will be fulfilling to me. Not a family, not fame and riches, just learning.

Krav maga I did for a summer, and I left because I had to work another job to get by. It was the best three months of my life. I went to class 6 days a week. And when I left the instructors were disappointed because in three months I was ready for level 2 training. I miss them a lot, and I will go back, but I know nothing will last if I have to move. I just want school to be over. I want to start learning bartending and cocktailing and shit. And I want to make enough money to pay off my loan, and go do shit I want to do.
Live a simple life in a lil apartment, save money, and eventually go off to the japanese language program out side of tokyo I picked out. but that's 36k I have to save up. fair enough because my loan is 30k.

My writings

Looking Forward.

Postby Princess » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:34 am

Might as well come out here, too.

I'm pansexual. Not that it's much of a shock.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:46 am

Back in fourth grade there was this girl who I didn't like. She didn't do a thing to me, no reason for me to wanna be mean to her, but I still made her think that I was her friend. When her birthday came around I threw away the invitations behind her back, so no one, including me, would go to her party. It's been ten or so years since I did that and every now and again I meet someone who gives me that same feeling to be mean.
Of course I'm older now so I try to rationalize why the hell I feel like this but I can't figure it out. There's no pattern to it, hitting me right out of the blue. It's just there, that urge to trip up someone whose holding their lunch tray, spill coffee on their white shirt, shaving a chunk of their hair off. The worst thing is I think back to when I was mean to that girl try to feel some shame or regret but I just don't. I can't tell if this makes me a bad person or if there's something wrong with me and I just can't tell. Advice?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby EagleMan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:23 am

Well you recognize that it's wrong. A person can't control their feelings. It may be disturbing to some that you don't feel shame or regret, but you have no power over that, and it seems like you want to feel guilt over it even though you can't. You're an adult now and while you may still feel those urges, you have the conscious power to not let them take over, so you're okay in my book.

As for rationalizing it, those things (spilling coffee, tripping) are somewhat different to me from the demolishing you did to that girl, I wouldn't put them on the same level. Are you bored with life, or your routine? I think a common source of those fantasies, and normal people have them, is the "what if" of it - like, what would this person do if I just go up and slap them? If I do something insanely rude and violate their personal space? You might just be wishing for something exciting and out of the ordinary to happen.

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 am

*big sigh* I'm about to friendzone a really nice guy who has nothing in particularly striking about him.
I'm still stuck longing for my ex to stop being emotionally shutdown and to return all that love I had for him. Months after I broke up with him. No, I have too much shit in my life, too much personal baggage, and I'm unwilling to ask of anyone the needs I would want from a relationship. No, I don't think it's a good idea for us to date. I won't ask someone to be there for me, not through the storm I see ahead in my life. Graduation is so close, my loan is sitting there waiting. My life is going to change, I should be able to withstand it alone. No, I'm going to be too busy for a relationship. I have to be busy. I have to sacrifice a lot for money, so I can free myself out from under this responsibility. Soon, while I'm still young and can go off and do the things I want to. I have to work hard and pay it back. I have to so I can go do things I want to.

In other words, we're great friends, but nothing about you strikes me to fall in love.
I'm stuck facing a different direction. And I'm afraid of a relationship where I find myself not being loved back with the passion I want. The fire that I want to see burning within you, breathing in the air I gust upon your hearth.
Last edited by Sly on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

My writings

Looking Forward.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 am

Well it's really good that you're self-aware enough to realize all this. Break ups and heartbreaks suck. Last summer my girlfriend of 5 years and I called it quits. It's hard. It'll be a long time before you lose those feelings
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 am

He can't tell whats going on on my side. So he asked me if I was closed off to dating, and the answer I gave him was a hot mess. I just talked about my ex so selfishly. But no matter what I say, it's basically going to end up friendzoning him. I don't know if he's in love with me, but he's willing to try, and he wants to spend time with me and stuff. But it's never going to go anywhere, and I don't want to lead him on, or otherwise waste his time when he's longing for someone to be with him. He's a really nice guy, and deserves someone with him at night.

I wonder if it'd be better for both of us if we stop hanging out.

My writings

Looking Forward.

PreviousNext

Return to BeeAre's Undesirables