Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby tonightscake » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh, I always thought of queer as having a negative connotation. Didn't know it was supposed to be good I guess.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Tuor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Wellll, it's kind of being taken back, but really only for queer people using it referencing themself, you probably still shouldn't call someone queer unless you know they refer to themself that way and/or say it's ok for you to do so.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Queerasfolk had queer in the title proudly displayed.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sly » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 pm

*edit___

ehh maybe it's better I don't rant about stupid crap this time.
Last edited by Sly on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forums are like rivers that flow through the cities of humanity.

>Art Thread<
Looking Forward.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:06 am

tonightscake wrote:Oh, I always thought of queer as having a negative connotation. Didn't know it was supposed to be good I guess.

It's more recently become an accepted term, but even then it's a self described thing. Queer seems to lean more towards drag, crossdressing and androgyny.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am

The main thing to keep in mind, though, is that "queer" is still very much used as a derogatory slur in certain parts of the world, even if it has been reclaimed by some. That's why what Tuor said is important--don't call someone queer without making sure first that they want to be called that, especially when it might be triggering for some who haven't personally reclaimed the word and don't want to reclaim it because of bad memories associated with the word.
The Sentimental One

Postby Maru » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:14 pm

It seems like everyone I seen to care for is going through something. Two ladyfriends on Skype had to be hospitalized, one of which probably went in for loss of blood via cutting. A gay friend of mine fled the state because he was being stalked. My cousin's moving back to a certain state I happen to hate and he's not too keen on leaving either. And I'm sick as all hell. On the day I'm supposed to be getting my ACT testing schedule...
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Mir@k » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Emotionally sick or physical sick?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby EagleMan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:17 am

Sly wrote:*edit___

ehh maybe it's better I don't rant about stupid crap this time.

If it makes you feel better, go for it. People here will always read and care for what you say even if they might not have anything to say back.

And Maru what, did that mean waiting in long lines or something?

Postby Maru » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 am

I dunno... I'm all congested everywhere and I've been reading webcomics in bulk to stop feeling like trash. I hope I'm ready for tomorrow...
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Maru » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 am

An update on my sickness. Turns out I have a sinus infection and I'll be on pills for two weeks. I personally dislike pills, mainly because I blame them for lashing out on my friends in middle school (ADHD meds, more like focus for the price of rage, lawl), but I'm not opposed to temp anti/probiotic treatment. Plus my hospitalized friends are doing much better. Now all that's left is these dumb tests that Mom keeps obsessing over.

Things are... Things are really looking up.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby EagleMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 am

Pills for two weeks? What pills? You wouldn't know if it was viral or not.

Postby Maru » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:29 am

Antibiotics and Probiotics to even out whatever the Antibiotics didn't need to kill off. I forget the names. I don't even know if its pills right now, but I'll probably start them on Friday.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby EagleMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 am

You'll probably be feeling better by Friday. Since it's a cold you don't even know if it's viral or not - antibiotics may be doing literally nothing to help your cold. And if you start taking them on Friday, that'll be the time when you start getting better regardless of your pill intake, so you might accidentally ascribe the pills as helping. So you don't take the pills as rigorously instructed or stop which only breeds antibiotic resistance.

If you're seriously sick, get help ASAP and do exactly as instructed. If you're not that sick, then just do without them. You should definitely be opposed to unnecessary antibiotic pills.

Postby Maru » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 am

I actually felt a lot better today (not-as-clogged nose, no headaches, significantly less sneezing), but I still have the cough and a rawness in the back of my mouth that apparently means the left side of my...nostril? Whatever it is, it's completely swollen. I'm just trusting the doctor for now. I'm also in dire need of sleep and then reinformation of what all these meds are supposed to even do... Also, something of it is apparently going to strengthen myggut and it's all supposed to drain my sinuses.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby EagleMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:56 am

Eh plenty of doctors are part of the problem, antibiotics are just so easy to prescribe and they'll make a person feel better mentally. If some of it treats the symptoms though go for it. I was pretty sick myself the past week and there was only 1 really bad day. Rest is extremely important, your body knows what it's doing with a regular cold it's just that we live such structured lives that it's hard to be able to take a break from obligations to rest for a sickness. I mean if you still feel pretty sick by the time you get the antibiotics go for it. Just if you do start them, finish them as prescribed. If you take only a half dose, you're not killing many of them, just giving them all resistance since they're more easily able to survive a small treatment and then adapt to it. Sorry to be a bit preachy about it just that it's rapidly becoming a big issue in that we might be entering an age again where people just die of regular diseases because there's no effective medicine for it.

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Going against all advice given and better judgement and I'm quitting sugar cold turkey. Is making me a good bit more emotional than I thought it would. Very emotional actually. I left the studio early today (I have to be back there tonight anyway), raged intensely all the way home over nothing. Now laying in bed trying to calm down and just feeling like a horrible person who's working for nothing.

And it's not cuz I'm fat. I'm 5'9" and I weight a whopping 110lbs. I used to be an xcountry runner.

It's just that the intense amount of sugar is killing my stomach. It's 90% of what I eat. And all I drink is soda or sweet tea.
I had to research why I've had a lot of really foul smelling gas. Like intensely foul smelling. It's so embarrassing. It causes me a lot of pain and everything. Basically I've upset the bacteria balance in my intestines by feeding it excessive amount of glucose. Hence, digestive issues. I will be seeing a doctor about it like...when I get a chance I guess .__. I don't have time right now.

Imma go cry about my life for like...15minutes, and then I'm gonna shower, get some water and a bowl of pork chili, and go back to work ;__;

>Art Thread<
Looking Forward.

Postby Princess » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Agave nectar. Look into it.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sly » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Princess wrote:Agave nectar. Look into it.

I did look into it just now .__.
All there is is an effton of criticism and debate that it's being marketed as a "healthy sweetener" is false due to a high fructose sugar-type content. (table sugar is sucrose.) v__v; Everyone has their own opinion on nutrition, and everyone gets their information somewhere different and believes it to be the ultimate source.

Look, I'm not a believer in there being a way to cheat the system somehow D: Using an artificial sweetener is no way to pursue a sugar free diet. Agave Nectar is seen as a healthy sweetener, but my point is that it's still a sweetener. Fructose may have some benefits as a sweetener due to have a much lower glycemic impact on the bloodstream. But fructose isn't a sweetener you want more of by any mean either, as just like all the others it can lead to pre-diabetic conditions. And like all the other ones, it produces extra glucose which feed that bad bacteria in the stomach that is causing me health issues.

In other words, to me, no sugar out there can replace not eating sugars. I'm keeping it to sugars in fruits and some veggies and leaving it at that.

>Art Thread<
Looking Forward.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 pm

You still need some glucose in your diet.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 am

I feel like utter shit right now.

I put a lot of investment in friends, either online or off. And lately I've been getting the short end of it on both sides except for my best pal. But mostly I'm feeling it from people online. The could shoulder. Just a lack of words despite my best efforts to start a conversation. I'd want to catch up or continue a conversation that was already going on. But nothing. Seriously, literally dozens of people I know online just totally having nothing to do with me or saying a word back. Some I'd maybe message when they'd come on every so often, but nothing. Or we were talking about something and then they won't say a god damn word to me for weeks. And then they'll vanish in a blink of an eye. It's something that keeps happening and I'm just not feeling all too confident in myself because of it. Like, what the hell? Am I doing something wrong, because I'm the common factor here. These people I've had wonderful times with one after another making me feel like I don't exist and that I'm just talking to air despite knowing they're around. They're all still living their lives and I'm apparently not going to be a part of that anymore. And none of them un-add me, so... I'm just venting right now and drowning my hyper self conscious ass in rum...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am

I'm crying.

Why the fuck am I crying god damn it!?
An Optimist

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 am

When I was a little kid, I felt the exact same way as you do now. When no one would be willing to come out and play, I would go to tears. But now it really doesn't matter much to me. I don't even come into contact with the old friends I used to have years ago. My only suggestion, would be to meet new people and do amazing things with them.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 am

I'm not sure why they refuse to talk to you, but there's a time to move on.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 am

I feel sick and want to hurl...
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!