Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Maru » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I think bed bugs are causing it. That and myself.

Well, long story short, I'm failing, I'm romanceless, I'm lazy, I'm a cruddy friend, I'm getting bitten to hell, I'm a terrible diabetic, and all I ever really do is goof off and jack off.

I can easily fix all of this by buckling down and working towards better positions, but it seems so far away and it sounds like too much work. Thething is, iI was fine up until I started getting bitten like shit.. They suck blood, so maybe that would explain at least half a something.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 am

Get a new mattress holy shit
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Artan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 am

What the fuck dude. Buy a new mattress jesus.
Resident Illustrator

Postby Maru » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

You guys didn't know that? In any case, we're in the process of getting a new bed. As for everything else... I don't exactly know what mode I need to be in to push myself to the maximum when it comes to school and work. I've found out in middle school that lyric-less music that makes me feel smart helps boost my morale, and it's been presenting itself lately.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

That's good to hear. I know it's not always easy to buckle down, everyone has different methods for what helps them. Personally, when things get really tough I set up a nice reward for myself at the end of the struggle. Whether it's a well deserved hang out with some friends, or making sure you'll have some of your favourite food/beverages waiting for you at the end or whatever. Gives me a light at the end of the tunnel to work towards.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Maru » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Funny related story; a friend of mine and I have been planning to review video games on the internet an' shit for over a month. Then last night I was venting to him about my grades and then I ask what games we were review after all this was over. He tells me we won't be doing shit until my grades don't blow. True friendship right there.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

This is good! That's great motivation
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Artan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Today was the worst. I didn't think it was possible for me to feel any worse.

My date didn't go well, she felt uncomfortable after what happened last time and we had to cut it short.
The scariest part is that I really really really want to cry but I can't, there are no tears and i can't force it.

It's over, I tried many things to make this work but it's over. I lost a potential SO and a friend.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 pm

I just found multiple cut marks on my 12 year old cousin's left wrist. They only seem to be scratches, but they're very parallel(seemed like she knew what she was doing) and barely pierced her skin.
She says it doesn't hurt, and that she did them with a pencil.
I don't think there's much wrong with her home life, and I don't know shit about her school life, or her other friends for that matter.
She says it's nothing and that she'll stop. I plan to tell her mom later, after I think about it some more.
I don't know if she's a masochist, because I know she enjoys ripping the skin on her toes until they bleed, and that she likes to fall often.
She doesn't seem sad or depressed to me, but I don't know if she's lying.

I never thought of doing just because I reasoned with myself, and was aware of how harmful it can be. I don't know if this is serious or not, and it's worrying me a lot.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Artan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:44 pm

I would definitely talk to her mom about this. She's really young and I don't think she fully understands what she's doing.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:46 pm

I think she's self aware enough to know it's not healthy.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Artan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

In any case I would totally tell her parents but try and lay it down gently. You don't want her resenting you because you made her home life even worse
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks for your words. It really did help rereading this a few times over the last hour.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 am

So tomorrow I'm probably going to ask the girl out on a date today... I'm scared.
I mean, these past few days I texted her, had a small (4-6 text) conversation and it suddenly stopped. Today she didn't respond to me at all.
Yesterday, though, I hung out with her after piano class. Well... sort of. During piano, she left early and I stayed 5 minutes longer until I left as well. I bumped into her and her brother and while the brother was in the bathroom. We chatted and she said "you want to join us?" to, my excitement, I said yes. She stuck to me the whole time while the 4 of us walked. She laughed at almost all the jokes and such I said. She even offered to buy me something when we passed by the college store (well, maybe that wasn't much of a sign as she is like that. She's a kind, sweet girl tbh.) After they did their thing, she offered me a ride to the bus stop and I said yes. She asked her friend if she could drop me off, and she agreed. We had our share of conversation in the car, and it was nice to be around her. Then we made it to our destination, hugged in the car, and we parted ways.
I'm just worried... if I ask her out will it hurt our relationship if she rejects me... plus, I've been thinking long and hard what to say.
Like this: first I would ask what her plans were for the weekend and such, she would tell me (maybe she would say she has nothing to do) and if she asks why, I would say "Well, I was wondering if we could go out on a date, the two of us. You're a really nice girl, and I would like to get to know you better." From there on out is a mystery...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:08 am

*shrug* you can't plan everything
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:17 am

True... I'll just go for it, see how it goes.
I'll tell you guys if it's a hit or miss. Either way, I do hope we don't become strangers. She says she's a forgiving person, so I hope this doesn't affect us...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby EagleMan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 am

Festive Tenshi wrote:I just found multiple cut marks on my 12 year old cousin's left wrist. They only seem to be scratches, but they're very parallel(seemed like she knew what she was doing) and barely pierced her skin.
She says it doesn't hurt, and that she did them with a pencil.
I don't think there's much wrong with her home life, and I don't know shit about her school life, or her other friends for that matter.
She says it's nothing and that she'll stop. I plan to tell her mom later, after I think about it some more.
I don't know if she's a masochist, because I know she enjoys ripping the skin on her toes until they bleed, and that she likes to fall often.
She doesn't seem sad or depressed to me, but I don't know if she's lying.

I never thought of doing just because I reasoned with myself, and was aware of how harmful it can be. I don't know if this is serious or not, and it's worrying me a lot.

Sometimes people are depressed for no reason, it basically being equivalent to an illness they've been stricken out of the blue with. It's definitely something to keep an eye on though, I'm just saying don't judge her or anything or tell her she has every reason to be happy or anything like that.

And best of luck Randori. A forgiving person doesn't really apply here though. You shouldn't need to be forgiven for having feelings. If you're just asking for a date, I think that's probably a pretty good way to go about it. If you approach it casually that can be the best approach, so if she rebuffs you, it lets your relationship revert back to normal more easily. Your reaction to the possible rejection is also critical too. If you act crushed she might be put off. It can still go wrong, but eh, so can anything. There is always risk in any action one takes, even inaction. I can't really help you on the specific wording but you seem to have the right enough idea.

Postby Riz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 am

I feel hopeless and empty and I'm losing friends and I'm fucking sick of college and I'm afraid I'm going to die alone due to my toxic personality and I've got so much fucked up with my head that I know can't be fixed and I'm tired of being alone 24/7 and I hate my body because I'm so disgusting and I really don't want to be alive because it all just seems so fucking pointless and I just really really really really want to hurt myself
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 am

Have you started taking your pills again? You have an appointment with your counsellor pretty soon don't you? Please do not harm yourself, Liz. Look at your m tag. If you are feeling like you're at risk of doing something please call the number in the first post. I don't want to lose you
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Warbear » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 am

Millo wrote:The scariest part is that I really really really want to cry but I can't, there are no tears and i can't force it.

I think that's probably one of the worst things ever. Crying is a sign of weakness and the fact that we can get to a point where we've given up to the point where we cannot muster up the emotional energy to show our weakness is just the saddest thing in the world.

Hang in there, Millo. As completely cliche as it is, there are other fish in the sea. If it didn't work out, it must not have been meant to be in the first place.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 am

EagleMan wrote:Sometimes people are depressed for no reason, it basically being equivalent to an illness they've been stricken out of the blue with. It's definitely something to keep an eye on though, I'm just saying don't judge her or anything or tell her she has every reason to be happy or anything like that.

I realize. I've been depressed over being depressed before. Hateful feeling. I'm just worried to why she went to such extremes, and seemingly so easily.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Artan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 am

Yulebear wrote:
Millo wrote:The scariest part is that I really really really want to cry but I can't, there are no tears and i can't force it.

I think that's probably one of the worst things ever. Crying is a sign of weakness and the fact that we can get to a point where we've given up to the point where we cannot muster up the emotional energy to show our weakness is just the saddest thing in the world.

Hang in there, Millo. As completely cliche as it is, there are other fish in the sea. If it didn't work out, it must not have been meant to be in the first place.

Thanks, I realize that it was just never meant to be and I'll do my best to get over it.

Riz wrote:I feel hopeless and empty and I'm losing friends and I'm fucking sick of college and I'm afraid I'm going to die alone due to my toxic personality and I've got so much fucked up with my head that I know can't be fixed and I'm tired of being alone 24/7 and I hate my body because I'm so disgusting and I really don't want to be alive because it all just seems so fucking pointless and I just really really really really want to hurt myself

May I ask why you're going to college? It seems that a lot of the people that i talk to that complain about college only go because of the pressure from family. You shouldn't hurt yourself Riz, nobody is unfix-able. You'll get better with therapy and (maybe) the meds. While I don't know much about meds I know that some people just need that extra push to get them through the day and it's perfectly fine.
Resident Illustrator

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:06 pm

So anyone talk to Riz since that post?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I think she was in Skype not too long ago.

Postby Exodis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Welp, I didn't ask the girl out because... well, it's an interesting story.

After we finished Piano class, we walked out and had a conversation. I told what her plans are for the Winter Break and she told me this: she just not gonna try to socialize at all, she's done with having a relationship, and she's only going to work out and such. She even said she's pretty much busy the whole time. What got me was the "I'm done having a relationship" implying that she's probably still hurt from her recent break up. Anywho, I called off the "date idea" and told her, as we began to part ways, that we should hand out during the break. She said that she'll see as she is busy the whole time, and that the day she isn't is Sunday, but it's church day so it's probably a so-so.
Anywho, that's my story. I'm gonna either need to wait or look for another girl... I'll wait for the time being.

The Universal Swordsman

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!