Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Well, this is going to be a long post, intended to remove emotional context and look at it from a source of logic and reason. Thus potential to offend is increased.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:So, remember my issue from last page?

Vaguely. Something about a unknown triangle of drama.

Mr. Sefrol wrote: I've cried, worried over what's going on. Scenarios playing through my mind over and over. What if I did this, or how about saying/doing this to get her attention?

Why are you beating yourself up over this? Do you like her and want to get her attention, or is it just the fact that some innocent action you did was taken the wrong way, or that you could e getting slandered by someone?

It sounds like you are beating yourself up over this more than anyone else. Just move on. Forget them, make new friends, and live life.

Mr. Sefrol wrote: How can the simplicity of silence drive me so far?

It's your mind drawing up a number of hypothetical and/or illogical events and reactions. Literally, your brain is taking things too far and too serious.

Mr. Sefrol wrote: Was it her choice?

Ya.

We all have the choice to react to things. How we let something affect us is more important than what caused it to happen.

Mr. Sefrol wrote: Is her bf actually my friend?

Possibly.

Mr. Sefrol wrote: Are they avoiding me too?

No. You just haven't seen them for a while.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Am I a burden? Too needy?

Can you find the strenght to take care of your own problems or do you have to beg for help at every obstacle? This thread doesn't count, I'm looking more at your life than here. If you are a burden or needy, it means, to me, that you need help the entire time and whine about every little thing under the sun. Often times though, you yourself cannot be a fair evaluator of your own actions. You are influenced heavily by your own emotions and some days you are good to yourself other days, not so much.

You are your biggest critic.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Where are my friends when I need them now? I need someone.

How are they to help you? Call them up and ask them some of these questions.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:where is that smile from such a short time away gone?

Gone once you placed your attention and focus on yourself.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I need a fucking psychiatrist or something.

That'd be a good idea.

In all of this, I think you are taking the situation way too far and way too serious. You are working yourself up over something that really doesn't matter. Friendships are good, we like them, they give us value and fun times. But they are also temporary. Don't get so hung up on what someone could think of you and worrying if you might ave caused offense. If you have friends that won't tell you when you fucked up and offended them, they aren't your friends.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Blood Lord wrote: If you have friends that won't tell you when you fucked up and offended them, they aren't your friends.

I think this is probably the most important part about this, to me anyhow.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah, pretty much.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Jasthn wrote:Anyone have a way to kill stress? Help? Or not, I just wanted to vent somehow.

I'm trying to think of what I do in times like that in school. All I can think of is just take one thing at a time, don't be concerned about the entire picture don't loose it either, but focus on what you need to get done today for tomorrow.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 pm

I just can't handle the situation normally. I'm often able to tackle it head on because I know what the issue is. When I don't, I'll usually have a good guess. But I was simply blind sighted on this. Friends one second, and suddenly I'm a menace that doesn't even deserve a good explanation. I can't move on from this. It won't let go of me until I have a cause. Some sort of rationality to the situation. It's like those stupid scenarios you joke about in your head, like breaking your mirror without stimulation with your bare fist or telling off your family at a party when you know it's not common sense, but it actually happened. An answer is all I need. If she doesn't want to be my friend, fine. But knowing why she wants to throw it all away so suddenly after we've been so invested in each other is all I'm capable of thinking about.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Then you're letting it consume you. We can't force you to take our advice, so ultimately that's your choice I suppose.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 am

sorry for the mangled english but i'm kind of freaking out

Lately my brain (yes, my BRAIN) is making me hyperventilate.
For some reason lately (started around 2 weeks ago) my brain makes me think that the air i'm pulling in is not bringing me any oxigen. I'm aware this is entirely mental, my lungs are working properly, everything should be okay.

Yesterday it was the worst. At around 10pm i was alright, watching a movie. The movie ended, and then thanks to the silence i noticed the sound of my own respiration, and suddenly it started. Everytime i inhaled i didn't feel like it was working, i panicked and i started to feel the tips of my fingers and toes numb, a sign of hyperventilation. I was practicing a few breathing techniques to help me relax, and for a couple of days it worked but yesterday it didn't, i stumbled in a panic to my mother's bedroom and woke her up so i could listen to her voice, to someone anyone telling me everything was ok , even though my lungs are perfectly fine and my respiration is showing no anomalies i seriously started to breathe fast and heavy.

She managed to calm me down, we opened a window and i felt the evening air in my face, that sort of helped a bit. Afterwards i put a lot of videos on my cellphone so i could go to sleep while listening to something that distracted me from my respiration but tonight i'm all alone at home and i'm scared shitless that i could hyperventilate at some point, i'm afraid my brain could seriously cause my death because there's no way someone is going to help me and right now what i'm doing is typing this to distract myself even more

this is awful
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:51 am

i have no idea how to even approach this problem
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 am

I'm not sure either, I wish I had something to offer. You said you had some breathing techniques. I posted a site to a few techniques on the last page that helped Blood Lord when he was having a panic attack. They're here, maybe try some of them if that starts to happen? I know it sounds impossible, but I'm pretty sure trying to maintain deep slow breaths will help
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:57 am

yeah i'm aware of all of those and are doing them
nothing works
i ahve one of these asthma inhalers next to me but i dont want to use it
if i get more oxigen and co2 in me i'lkl fucking die
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 am

[font=][/font]i'm sewating so bad
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:01 am

Hmm, well I found this, maybe there's something there that will help?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:04 am

Just focus on your breathing, most of the time panic attacks are short lived. Keep a deep breathing cycle and it should pass.
All other bears are pretenders to the throne
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby noxux » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:18 am

Have this happened before to you Mir? You sound that your hyperventilation is produced by something that is new or something that is making you feel anxiety.

Try to keep relax and keep breathing slow when you are having an attack.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby EagleMan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I just can't handle the situation normally. I'm often able to tackle it head on because I know what the issue is. When I don't, I'll usually have a good guess. But I was simply blind sighted on this. Friends one second, and suddenly I'm a menace that doesn't even deserve a good explanation. I can't move on from this. It won't let go of me until I have a cause. Some sort of rationality to the situation. It's like those stupid scenarios you joke about in your head, like breaking your mirror without stimulation with your bare fist or telling off your family at a party when you know it's not common sense, but it actually happened. An answer is all I need. If she doesn't want to be my friend, fine. But knowing why she wants to throw it all away so suddenly after we've been so invested in each other is all I'm capable of thinking about.

This won't help much but you're probably going to go through something like this a few more times.

Ask yourself if you want to repeat everything you've gone through 3-4 more times simply because you aren't able to get over it, and also dozens of times more on a smaller scale. A cause? What does a cause matter? In life, we never get all the answers. It's definitely great to get one, but if you're going to live this life you're just going to have to get used to this. Do you even know why you do the things you do 100% of the time with 100% understanding? How can you expect to know the same of others? An answer won't help you. You'll still be alone, you'll still be cut off. An answer will be no solace to you, especially if the answer isn't something you like.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 am

Im at the hospital.
Its this bad guys
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:22 am

Luckily i could call for help
im ok right now
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:54 am

What happened Mir??
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh shit, keeps us updated, man! I'm glad you were able to call someone
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Do you think this might be a side effect of some of the recent drugs, Mir? Perhaps some substances weren't pure.
Also, did they test your blood for that?

I know I said I wasn't going to post here again, but I still want to know how Mir's doing.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby noxux » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Damn Mir, glad you can called someone, what is happening?
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Mir@k » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Im home
ill type the story after i rested but for now im ok
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, I am thankful for you being ok
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:58 am

Thanks man, but i'd wish i could celebrate since i'm not out of danger.

I started to hyperventilate at around 2 am and called a friend out of panic searching for a familiar voice to calm myself, but while talking i started feeling very light headed and i couldn't quite complete my sentences. My friend noticed and told me to sit down, that he was coming at once and something else but i don't remember what. I remember i stumbled to my front door and managed to open it before collapsing.

He and a couple of friends arrived to find me on the floor and managed to take me to the hospital, where i woke up a few hours later. I don't know much about medicine but i know that i'm pretty bad.
Not as bad as to be forced to stay at the hospital, but bad enough that i cannot sleep because i'll probably suffocate to death and medicines are not doing shit. I feel no difference after the "treatment" and i feel very stressed and fearful. Tomorrow my mother is going to accompany me to another hospital. I'm hoping they'll figure a way to help me.

@Q.U.: I'm guessing abuse is always a bad thing. As the average pothead it's difficult for me to admit it, but what's killing me is probably the fact that i've been smoking three times a day. But shit happens. I know it's killing me but i'm still doing it because when i do it i don't feel lonely and i don't feel like shit thanks to all the crap that happens around me. Still, i guess i fear death even more. I'll try to stop smoking until i'm completely clean again, if it's not too late for that.
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:26 am

Shit Mir, I'm really sorry to hear. I'm glad you were able to get help on time. Did the doctors say what happened?

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens